Talisman piece giving to people who are not in realms

Idea: Allow us to trade talisman pieces for nothing to people who are not presently in realms.
We presently can trade credits and gold for nothing to people who are not in realms at the moment.  This would allow me to send pieces I find to a friend I know is searching for them as well as trades with people I trust to fulfill the other end who I have difficulty meeting up with.

Comments

• I already agreed on the first post, but going to post and say that this would be a huge help. Also going to hijack this as a general "improve trading talisman pieces" topic...

I found it was much easier to split down any talisman pieces I didn't need to level one, and from the people I traded with it seemed like a lot of other people were doing the same thing. The ability to specify a number of pieces to trade would be fantastic for that. Suggested syntax:

TALISMANS TRADE PIECE [number] <piece> <level> TO <who> FOR [number] <id|amount|nothing> [level] <GOLD>

• Greys said:
    Idea: Allow us to trade talisman pieces for nothing to people who are not presently in realms.
    We presently can trade credits and gold for nothing to people who are not in realms at the moment.  This would allow me to send pieces I find to a friend I know is searching for them as well as trades with people I trust to fulfill the other end who I have difficulty meeting up with.
    Denied! Trading them is intentionally inefficient. Not going to be able to go in stores either.

@Antonius Yeah, that can likely be done at some point. 
  • @Sarapis / @Tecton - are you surprised at the speed with which people have achieved Elder Dragon? I always did wonder what time scale you'd had in mind when you put the system live.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • No, as I didn't really have any expectations. I knew we'd either have the drop rate much too high or much too low. Turns out it's the former! Going to be adjusting later today, so enjoy the bashing for now. ;)
  • edited September 2013
    Drop rate -is- high. You can get a huge number of pieces if you bash the right places constantly, but that's balanced out a small amount by not getting the pieces you actually need most of the time when you get closer to completing. I think I must have had enough blue dragon tooth pieces drop to make at least four level seven pieces, yet had to spam market to get people to trade or sell others to me near the end.

EDIT: Also really bloody glad I finished before the drop rates got changed. Hell no to doing that with fewer drops.
  • Penwize said:
    I can certainly understand dropping the rate, it's pretty high.  I collected them entirely too fast!  I'd like to see the drop rates lowered but spread out a little.  The competition for the main areas is a little crazy, and I feel there are a number of other places that really should drop some, even if at a much lower rate.  I'm thinking places like the stronger islands (Ageiro), the named mobs in Colchis/Umbrin, or a few more places on Meropis (named mobs in the Battlesite of Mourning Pass), etc.  That said, we could also do with some more high-level bashing areas to spread the love a bit more.
    Just waiting for that elusive Ziggurat.
  • edited September 2013
    The drop rate seems fine for everywhere except Annwyn. Hopefully the rate isn't going to be dropped across the board. LHG and UW are already pretty pitiful for drops.  I'd hope honors mobs would stay the same too. Yeah, they're farmable, but it does take a while to kill them solo, as well as require a great deal of effort.

Sidhe and King's guard seem to be the only things in need of a nerf from what I've seen. Maybe I'm getting unlucky, but Unsidhe drops don't seem that high either.

Edit:

And also, the disparity between normal talismans and the unique talismans seems to be too wide. I still haven't gotten a unique talisman drop.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited September 2013
    I've gotten 10 unique drops, and about the equivalent of that common? Considering you only need 4 uniques to 448 common pieces. Maybe you are just very unlucky?

Oh, and maybe instead of reducing all drop rates, just remove level 4's dropping, and reduce level 3's other than on the big bosses. Those are kind of nuts.

(Also I don't think we should be judging whether this is too easy on how fast Penwize can do it. :P Just saying)

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Katzchen said:
    I've gotten 10 unique drops, and about the equivalent of that common? Considering you only need 4 uniques to 448 common pieces. Maybe you are just very unlucky?

Oh, and maybe instead of reducing all drop rates, just remove level 4's dropping, and reduce level 3's other than on the big bosses. Those are kind of nuts.

(Also I don't think we should be judging whether this is too easy on how fast Penwize can do it. :P Just saying)
    Or you're just very lucky. What do you mean by "the equivalent of that common"? You've gotten 10 uniques and 1100 commons? I've gotten, I think, somewhere around 1000 commons (have 705 now, and have sold 300ish) and 2 uniques.
  • Eld said:
    Katzchen said:

Or you're just very lucky. What do you mean by "the equivalent of that common"? You've gotten 10 uniques and 1100 commons? I've gotten, I think, somewhere around 1000 commons (have 705 now, and have sold 300ish) and 2 uniques.
    That is always possible. :) I mean like... yeah, something like 1200 uncommons to 10 unique. Proportional.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Well cannot ask more than Sarapis looking at the idea.  Thanks, and could this be closed?
This discussion has been closed.