Inventory counting

Is there a way to setup a command to count target item in your inventory then echo or tell it to you? I am rating and while I love to just run around killing hundreds of them sometimes I'd like to just be able to type, "Count rats" and have the amount stored in my ii posted to me.
Just a Grook, member of House Mojushai and proud citizen of Cyrene.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."

Comments

• Aedin said:
    That's super helpful and works. It doesn't cover all items though.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • edited September 2013
    http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2431&hilit=gmcp+inventory

It's out of date right now, but someone may be able to fix it up so it registers item removal properly

Edit: in fact... I'll try to do that some time this week
  • edited September 2013
    I've fixed the above script. I'll post it tonight after work
  • Mannimar said:
    I've fixed the above script. I'll post it tonight after work
    Thank you!

• Hello @Mannimar! Your inventory thing is really nifty, I've only started poking at gmcp recently so it's been helpful in both learning and using. I did notice one thing--when I'm wielding two items, it only tells me I'm wielding the one in the left, and tells me the other is in my inv. I'm very interested in learning more about gmcp and was wondering if you would mind walking me through how to fix that so I can see it done?
  • Dolomar said:
    Hello @Mannimar! Your inventory thing is really nifty, I've only started poking at gmcp recently so it's been helpful in both learning and using. I did notice one thing--when I'm wielding two items, it only tells me I'm wielding the one in the left, and tells me the other is in my inv. I'm very interested in learning more about gmcp and was wondering if you would mind walking me through how to fix that so I can see it done?
    For the record, it's @Rakon's script, @Mannimar just put in some fixes to account for changes to some of the GMCP events put in recently. I haven't looked at the original version in a while, but I would guess that the problem with tracking wielded items has to do with recent(ish) changes to the attributes for wielded items. Previously, the attribute field for an item would have an 'l' (lower case L) if it was wielded. That was changed to distinguish hands: 'l' means wielded in the left hand, 'L' means wielded in the right hand, and 'lL' means wielded two handed. 
  • As @Eld said. It's something I just updated in my personal script last night. I'm still trying to decipher some of the code since Rakon had nothing commented out. When I figure out this last thing I want to do. I'll post the updated version. 
  • Also! Not sure if you knew--it doesn't remove items you drop when you log off from the list, so if you log back on it just perpetually thinks you have them unless you close mudlet and restart the profile.
  • Dolomar said:
    Also! Not sure if you knew--it doesn't remove items you drop when you log off from the list, so if you log back on it just perpetually thinks you have them unless you close mudlet and restart the profile.
    It sounds to me like you grabbed the wrong script. That is what I fixed. Also 'i reset' will update your inventory from scratch
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Manimar: Ever get this updated fully? It's really neat but still doesn't show second wielded items.