One Hundred Pounds.

AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
So, guys, I have a confession to make.

Three years ago, I was considered morbidly obese. I was 5'3", and I weighed 300 pounds. The weight gain was the result of a poor reaction to a birth control shot, and it was so excessive that my life was in serious peril. I have struggled with Type 2 Diabetes since I was thirteen, and, as anyone with diabetes can tell you, it makes weight loss very difficult - and the more weight you gain, the worse your diabetes is likely to become. I developed neuropathy in my legs, my blood pressure and cholesterol were in a dangerous range, I was developing blood clots, and my doctor told me that if I didn't get healthy, quick, I could have a heart attack before I was thirty. Still, for over a year, I sat around on my ass and didn't do anything about it. I was lazy and indifferent, and despite what I was being told - and despite what I was watching my dad endure - I didn't believe I was unhealthy. I was in denial.

Then my sister posted this picture on Facebook:

That's me on the far right. No joke. I've tried so hard to keep people from seeing this picture, as I am horribly ashamed that I let myself go like that. At the time that picture was taken, I weighed 307 pounds. 

You guys heard about it when I went vegetarian, and you know I've been trying to lose weight. You know I have some serious self-image issues. But, today, I hit a milestone. After two years, I've finally lost over one hundred pounds, and I feel damn good about myself for having done it. I currently weigh 203 pounds, and I'm wearing a size sixteen, down from a size twenty-four. I only have fifty-five pounds left to lose to get down to my target weight!

These were taken yesterday, while dress-shopping for a wedding, and trying on the goods!

I'm even making retro look fabulous!

NO MORE CANKLES OMG.

NO MORE FAT CHICK FLAT ASS!

THE DOUBLE-CHIN AND JOWLS ARE GOING AWAY!
My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!

Comments

• SO Happy and proud of you! You look amazing.
    meh

• edited September 2013
    You look fantastic. Also, I may steal your shoes. Just sayin'.

Seriously though, that's awesome. I've had enough trouble just trying to get myself to lose 25lbs - 100lbs is amazing!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    JC Penny's was having a shoe sale. $15 marked down from $40. Hooker heels for the win.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Very impressive, and inspirational as well. I found out a recent physical that I've passed the 330 lb mark, I don't have the other health problems along with it, but I'm definitely starting to feel the effects of it, and can relate to that feeling of laziness and indifference. Seeing someone else lose that much weight is definitely a good kick in the ass to get off my own and shed some pounds as well!

• Congratulations @Amunet.  That is an amazing achievement and you look amazing!
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Weight loss is hard. You did wonderfully and look even better! 

• Very nice.  The forced smile in the first pic killed me.  You're much happier in the rest.

Keep it up
    *Animated Signature*

• You look beautiful and fantastic. To many more until you are completely and utterly happy.
    Just a Grook, member of House Mojushai and proud citizen of Cyrene.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • Fuck yeah. You keep it up. 
  • Well done!

You look beautiful :) crack out the crazy eyeliner and you look like you did 10/12 years ago!
  • You go, girlfriend!

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    You look fabulous :)
     yes, sir.
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Look amazing Amu! Congratulations!

• GET IT GUUUUUUURL
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA

Mathonwy said:
    GET IT GUUUUUUURL
  • Let me scoop my jaw up off the floor and say you look fantastic, darlin'. Well done!