Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• I've definitely had messages when my falcon's steel talons have decayed when I'm not logged in, but it's very easy to miss if you are logged in when it happens (as with anything else).

I'd actually forgotten about Startle since I don't think I've ever used it except for screwing around and seeing what it does (not a whole lot that's useful, unfortunately). It dismounts somebody who is flying, but there's a delay before they drop and if they're capable of flying without a mount then they'll just remain flying. That could definitely use some love but I'm not sure simulating tentacle or an Occultist entity is the way to go.
  • lol uberknight is uber
  • How about a tarot that blacksout like the creeps in creville. Only so powerful.. tree won't work to cure it. Then, give siren a racial kill. Where they can suffocate people in their boobs. The only way is to writhe out.. but it's stackable on web and roped.. and always writhed out of last. So, a siren jester can web/rope/boobsuffocate you and because it's like a 4 second kill.. you're helpless.
  • Anaidiana said:
    .....isn't this why we have classleads?  >.>
    Oh, you mean those quarterly open suggestion periods that last happened 5 quarters ago? Yes.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I like to think of this more as a way to bounce ideas around. Classleads have their function but, why hoard your brilliant ideas or wait to forget them by the time classleads roll around. Don't be a stick in the mud.
  • I hoard my classleads on a notepad until Druids comes around.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Well, that's fine but, you're not going to get feedback on an idea or proposal from notepad. Anyways, this was never intended to be a "classlead" thread. Just an outlet to discuss skills that you find useless and wish you could change.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

i think evade and deliver should get wind ups too!

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Actually, thinking back, making lightwalls transfix would be unfeasible for anything beyond annoying newbies.

Instead, I propose that they hide the exit.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I really wish Penitence in Devotion had some use. The actual concept behind it is freaking awesome, but really, it has very little use in general.

Although the idea of using it on an entire raiding party is amusing.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby

• Melodie said:
    Penitence. We're taking it back.

• I don't like how pvp works at all, and it's a waste of resources. What I want instead are pve skills like I want more of them. Hell why not have it so classes have two sets of skills one for PVE and the other for PVP which can be switched in and out of. I just don't like pvp in this game.
    Just a Grook, member of House Mojushai and proud citizen of Cyrene.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • Phraag said:
    I don't like how pvp works at all, and it's a waste of resources. What I want instead are pve skills like I want more of them. Hell why not have it so classes have two sets of skills one for PVE and the other for PVP which can be switched in and out of. I just don't like pvp in this game.
    Wait, did you just say you wanted to turn Achaea into WoW?

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Roll a frost Magi!

• Achimrst said:
    Phraag said:
    I don't like how pvp works at all, and it's a waste of resources. What I want instead are pve skills like I want more of them. Hell why not have it so classes have two sets of skills one for PVE and the other for PVP which can be switched in and out of. I just don't like pvp in this game.

WoW isn't the first to do this. What I want is an option for people who think trigger/alias spamming for pvp to have the ability to PvE only if they want. The pve element actually feels more natural and flow with the game besides the just hitting one skill tied to a key. 

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • Phraag said:
    Achimrst said:
    Phraag said:

WoW isn't the first to do this. What I want is an option for people who think trigger/alias spamming for pvp to have the ability to PvE only if they want. The pve element actually feels more natural and flow with the game besides the just hitting one skill tied to a key. 
    Bolded sentence is confusing to me, but it sounds like you want more PvE skills, first of all, I have plenty of them so I'm not sure what the problem is there. Get a boar tattoo to regenerate random health, moon tattoo to regenerate random mana, shield tattoo if you need an "Oh poop!" button (Rated G), and I'm not sure about your class but you typically get a couple of PvE skills in there too, not to mention the kill skill for your class. I mean what more do you need? If you don't like PvP there are other ways of doing it. Player vs. Player is not always PK.

• Bolded sentence is confusing to me, but it sounds like you want more PvE skills, first of all, I have plenty of them so I'm not sure what the problem is there. Get a boar tattoo to regenerate random health, moon tattoo to regenerate random mana, shield tattoo if you need an "Oh poop!" button (Rated G), and I'm not sure about your class but you typically get a couple of PvE skills in there too, not to mention the kill skill for your class. I mean what more do you need? If you don't like PvP there are other ways of doing it. Player vs. Player is not always PK.
    Tattoos aren't apart of my class kit, and passive skills don't count really, I mean they do literally, but I guess as a Blademaster player all I do is run around going, "DRAWSLASH" Since I don't like pvp and generally participate solely in pve this gets boring.

• Phraag said:
    Tattoos aren't apart of my class kit, and passive skills don't count really, I mean they do literally, but I guess as a Blademaster player all I do is run around going, "DRAWSLASH" Since I don't like pvp and generally participate solely in pve this gets boring.
    Bolded seems to be a common refrain. Changes like the talismans, questing updates, etc, have been nice to make the solo game a little more enjoyable but so far the single greatest return on investment I've found for enjoyment is to get involved in pvp (it's not just combat, y'know) -- conflict, conflict, conflict.

Regarding class skills specifically, I can't see asking for more yet when there are so many that can be helped just by increased/changed flavor.
  • Phraag said:

Bolded sentence is confusing to me, but it sounds like you want more PvE skills, first of all, I have plenty of them so I'm not sure what the problem is there. Get a boar tattoo to regenerate random health, moon tattoo to regenerate random mana, shield tattoo if you need an "Oh poop!" button (Rated G), and I'm not sure about your class but you typically get a couple of PvE skills in there too, not to mention the kill skill for your class. I mean what more do you need? If you don't like PvP there are other ways of doing it. Player vs. Player is not always PK.

Requests for PvE mobs to be affected by 'PvP-like' combat mechanics like afflictions, limb breaks and the like have been denied on the basis that they'd have to essentially rework the the ENTIRE Rapture engine to the point that they might as well make an entire new MUD system (correct me if I'm wrong, @Sarapis) to accommodate that.

• Would not mind Gripping in TwoArts being replaced with something useful.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    A good grip is very useful...
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    A good grip is very useful...
    Not when it gets in the way of sheathing. ;)
  • Synbios said:
    Requests for PvE mobs to be affected by 'PvP-like' combat mechanics like afflictions, limb breaks and the like have been denied on the basis that they'd have to essentially rework the the ENTIRE Rapture engine to the point that they might as well make an entire new MUD system (correct me if I'm wrong, @Sarapis) to accommodate that.
    So mobs can do afflictions, breaks, etc, but we can't afflict mobs with similar afflictions... yeah okay makes sense.

• Phraag said:
    Synbios said:
    So mobs can do afflictions, breaks, etc, but we can't afflict mobs with similar afflictions... yeah okay makes sense.

It's unfortunate, but sometimes, we just have to roll with the punches, OOCly.

• The AI of denizens in general is just low and is usually limited to hitting the last guy that hit them with one or two static scripted attack. Honours mobs and the fellows from LHG can use simpler tattoos and certain special abilities that mostly end up just being about dealing a load damage and/or follow the last attacker but making them be able to handle the afflictions system well both offensively and defensively would probably take a whole lot of time and effort.
  • If you went all the way with it, yes. If you left the majority of denizens the way they are now but allowed players to use afflictions and such then it would be a different matter. Still seems like a huge amount of coding with not much reward; you could make bashing more interesting without needing to effectively simulate pvp.
  • Mako said:
    The skill "lead" in alchemy. If I could use it on my enemy it would be worth something but I cannot. Perhaps the only symbol besides suphur and mercury that cannot be used on your enemy and at least those two give something useful. As lead is now it is density that both costs eq and dose not last as long as the density salve. Why would I use this ever, especially considering I can make density fills. PLEASE MAKE LEAD TARGETABLE

• Mako said:
    Mako said:
    The skill "lead" in alchemy. If I could use it on my enemy it would be worth something but I cannot. Perhaps the only symbol besides suphur and mercury that cannot be used on your enemy and at least those two give something useful. As lead is now it is density that both costs eq and dose not last as long as the density salve. Why would I use this ever, especially considering I can make density fills. PLEASE MAKE LEAD TARGETABLE

• @Mako: I bet if Lead were an offensive ability, there would be a lot of warcries and echos that eventually lead to this distillation: "Eat lead, punk!".