Hunting targetting

Changing targets while hunting is really frustrating. I think a new base name should be added to target everything cellularly complex.

(Party): Xith says, "Target: eukaryote."
(Party): Xith says, "Target: organism."

You know, that old chestnut.
I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• Shirszae said:
    You really don't tire of your stupidity.
    But we do...
  • Cause the Dr. Evil pic didn't make the trolling evident enough.
    Shirszae said:

I can't describe how bad I feel for anyone who actually responded seriously to the post XD
    I'm gonna assume Tesha was counter-trolling and not actually that gullible. She too smart. Everyone knows my actual ideas are several paragraphs long.

@Jacen Shining contribution to the conversation as always. Nice job, man.
  • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE MudletPackage>
    <MudletPackage version="1.0">
        <ScriptPackage>
            <Script isActive="no" isFolder="no">
                <name>CrappySystem</name>
                <packageName></packageName>
                <script>function CrappySystem()
    if gmcp.Char.Items.List.location == &quot;room&quot; then
    x = gmcp.Char.Items.List.items
    for r, i in ipairs(x) do 
    if i.attrib == &quot;m&quot; then target = i.id end
    end
    end
    end</script>
                <eventHandlerList>
                    <string>gmcp.Char.Items.List</string>
                </eventHandlerList>
            </Script>
        </ScriptPackage>
    </MudletPackage>

There, that'll make you target anything with the 'denizen' tag in the room via GMCP (well the last denizen in the room anyway)

for Mudlet

• Oh boy. Someone ban that kid.
  • Sylvance said:
    Kinda frustrating that you would make a troll thread, put it in the Dais (which will inevitably take up someone's Admin time), then make fun of people that took the time to address it constructively, THEN make fun of Jacen for not addressing it constructively. Seriously... <potential ad hominems removed>
    In a roundabout way, everybody takes up Admin time, but more to the point
    Shirszae said:
    this does not count as constructive. 
    And troll thread or no, we've had problems before (on a Sylvance thread, no less) with tearing people down for no reason. It could have been a simple (and massively obvious) joke that an admin could quickly skim, give a derisive smirk, and reply to with a witty denial comment before closing.

Instead we have people being called stupid, and others being called asshats. (btw, @Shirszae, you're an asshat)
  • I think Xith is vying for the 'most WTF's' badge. Newsflash, there isn't one.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I thought there was, but they got nerfed.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Xith said:
    troll thread or no, we've had problems before (on a Sylvance thread, no less) with tearing people down for no reason. 
    Once again, you're blowing me away with new depths of dumb. Can you really not see the difference between these two scenarios?:

#1 - Someone posts a terrible idea and gets flamed

#2 - Someone posts a troll idea, gets flamed, then gloats that it was a troll idea and TROLOLOLO yer s0 dumb 4 fallin for it innit and the rest of you is dumb 4 not fallin for it, then gets flamed some more and says WAAAAAAAAAH, everyone's so mean to me!

Anyway, @Tvistor has already said everything that needs to be said about this thread and its creator. I'm done here.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • I just like the part where posts that aren't even WTF-able get wtf's. Like this one.

But what's even more glorious than the self-justified Xith-bashing posts is the fact that all this snowballed angst gets built up through a thread, and then you go back and read the original post and think "Wow, this wasn't even that bad. It's actually sort of amusing if you understand just what kind of fellow is behind it."

It's more the fact that people have no idea when to take me seriously or when not to that really gets me off.
    And that so many people still don't realize the preceding fact just makes me feel way more mysterious than I'm trying to be.
    Engine of chaos? No. Self-parodying public punching bag? Sure.

Did I take a gamble on the fact that more than just myself would be entertained? No, cause I'm confident that a percentage of our playerbase is smart enough to know what a "eukaryote" is. Maybe it was dry humour. Maybe moist.

Hasar said:
    :( I like @Shirszae
    I don't know him/her. And he/she doesn't know me. And yet every forum interaction from him/her has been not-so-lighthearted contempt. For someone he/she doesn't know. Counts as an asshat by every definition.

Anyway so long and thanks for all the fish. I'm put off enough that I won't be coming back for a while. How's that for like-worthy?
  • Nice try, but claiming that you're leaving isn't getting a like out of me, no matter how much I actually like the idea.