The Game of Eyes

How does that work exactly? Most people are too young to remember.
~
You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    The Game of the Eyes Variant
    ----------------------------
    With the Game of the Eyes Variant, the CTF changes in several ways:
    - Only flags planted in pairs, neighbouring each other, by the same
      city, gain points.
    - The first flag in any pair goes in the usual/standard planting locations
    - The second flag in any pair must be precisely one room distant from
      the flag already planted.
    - Only the main flag, and one neighbour, may be planted in any vicinity
      of a standard planting room.
    - One point is scored for each pair of flags properly planted, for each
      scoring time period.

• HELP CTF?

The Game of the Eyes Variant
    ----------------------------
    With the Game of the Eyes Variant, the CTF changes in several ways:
    - Only flags planted in pairs, neighbouring each other, by the same
      city, gain points.
    - The first flag in any pair goes in the usual/standard planting locations
    - The second flag in any pair must be precisely one room distant from
      the flag already planted.
    - Only the main flag, and one neighbour, may be planted in any vicinity
      of a standard planting room.
    - One point is scored for each pair of flags properly planted, for each
      scoring time period.

• edited September 2013
    The reason why I asked is because we had a question about whether you have seven or fourteen flags to plant. Also, this seems like a good thread for tactics if any are inclined.

ETA- It's fourteen.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Yeah, history on the first Game of the Eyes, hidden away in the musty recesses of Cyrene's libraries says double the number of flags.

I think it'd be more awesome if there was only seven, though. Fewer resources means more fighting.

And let's face it, that's what we want, right? Fighting instead of sitting around for two hours at Delos waiting for someone to maybe attack the hill? (or Shastaan or the Base of the Southern Vashnars)
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Pretty sure the last CTF was two hours of a solid adrenaline rush.

• In the Game of Eyes, you win or you die.
  • You can also both win and die!
  • Who won the last one? What was the prize, and/or the purpose? How deep of a landslide was it?
    ~
  • edited September 2013
    Ashtan won the last, and only(edit: all the information I can find seems to imply that the only GotE was played during the Vertani event) GotE. Eleusis got second, Hashan third. The prizes were part of the Vertani event, I doubt they still exist today. They might... but they were some sort of silver statue figurine thingies that had something to do with resurrection powers.

Who knows how much of a landslide it was.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • If I remember what I read correctly (and I could be way off base), those prizes were destroyed because the Vertani weaponized them.
  • In addition to resurrecting corpses like the tree, they were basically like trojan horses, filling the city with monsters a while later. I don't remember all the details either though.
  • I hope this will be the case again!
  • How do the tactics differ from a regular CTF? Not that you've forgotten but remember I'm a total noncom.
    ~
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice

Jonners said:
    How do the tactics differ from a regular CTF? Not that you've forgotten but remember I'm a total noncom.
    If it moves, kill it. Even if it looks like an ally. It could be a traitor.

• Fitz said:

Jonners said:
    How do the tactics differ from a regular CTF? Not that you've forgotten but remember I'm a total noncom.
    If it moves, kill it. Even if it looks like an ally. It could be a traitor.
    He asked how the tactics differ, not how they are the same.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Need even more starbursts. Need to stock up on inks

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Sena said:
    In addition to resurrecting corpses like the tree, they were basically like trojan horses, filling the city with monsters a while later. I don't remember all the details either though.
    Yeah I recall wanting to move Hashan's to a secure location when they started to spew monsters, they didn't spit them out to fast, so could have been a nice little bashing machine, but noooooo....
  • I might have a log of that game if you want it. I started logging everything at some point in my Achaean life and maybe was lucky enough to have captured the Game of Eyes.