Xbox One Or PlayStation 4?

edited September 2013 in The Universal Membrane
If you were or plan to buy one, which one would it be? Why?

Comments

• I have had a Sony games system ever since I bought a PSX for final fantasy 7. It will be a bit before I worry about purchasing, but Micro$oft cannot back pedal enough to win a lot of list customers over at this point.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    No wii option, so I went with what made sense!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Anaidiana @Riley We will play together often and rule the gaming world and represent Achaea! -rally-
  • I agree that PCs are superior to either, but of the choices listed..
  • PC is not listed because this isnt "What game console do you like best", its about the next generation PS4's and Xbox Ones
  • Console or not, PC has always had and will have next generation stuff compared to consoles. We're able to play all the same games as you all, on higher settings resulting in better graphics, and we're able to support higher play counts in severs IE BF3 where we had vast more people on servers than y'all.

PC gamers if they choose to are able to use the controllers for consoles as well. 

Lets go look at Shadowrun for instance!

Cross gaming platform for 360 and PC. PC owned them xbox player so hard they had to give the xbox players tons of buffs to try and combat against PC players and still got wrecked ;)

PC gaming will always be superior :D
  • We're XBOX people. Ours is like... 2 years old and is on almost all day, so we're good
    meh

• if Achaea goes console especially with eye camera functionality then I will consider buying PS4. Til then PC still beats Mac Consoles!  :-)
  • edited September 2013
    xbox. I can't stand playing on those shitty ass playstation controllers. But I would have converted to Sony if Xbox didn't revert their decisions etc. 
  • PS4 assuming it has Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts. I haven't bought one of these things since 2002 so I may be a little behind.
  • @strata couldn't agree more
  • playstation 4

• Steambox

• I wish I could afford to turn my comp into a good gaming PC :(
  • @Sultani Kingdom Hearts 3 confirmed in production for the PS4, but it won't be a launch title. Final Fantasy is releasing for both I think.

• Had I the currency, I would avail myself of a gaming PC, a Playstation 4...and an XBOX 360. I do not know of this ONE you speak of. 

• @Strata, I'll take honest peasant mud over your "master race" fake tan and bleach-blonde hair thanks :)

My gaming laptop currently running Final Fantasy 14 does look nicer than the PS3 equivalent, but Sony own my soul
    ----------
    I play  -Enrai-  -Luhar-
  • PC master race

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Since Division is coming to PC, there's no need to use a console. 
  • My console chronology:
    Sega Genesis
    (insert GameBoy Color somewhere)
    Sega Dreamcast
    PlayStation 2
    PlayStation 3

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    You cant play minesweeper or freecell on a ps4 or an xbox one. Talking about backwards progression.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Everyone who voted Achaea is a super nerd.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Ideally, I would like to focus on the PC this generation. However, my preference for Japanese games over Western ones will probably push me towards a PS4 in the future.
  • On the one hand, I've spent enough money on my playstations over the years that I really ought to own a share in Sony. On the other hand, they have seriously pissed me off with the problems with Disney Infinity. Not quite badly enough that I'ma reach for the corporate lube and jump into bed with Microsoft. But damn I've considered it.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.

Silly Ps4 and XBOX users, still think you have a chance against the PC Master race!
  • The graph on the left covers quite a small period in time, particularly given that the last eighteen months of it are projected (but not actually labelled as such).  Particularly, the estimate that XBox One will see a decrease in software revenue next year seems unlikely, to me - I'd be interested to see the basis for that (unfortunately, DFC want to charge me $3500 for the report).  I'm also not a fan of area graphs generally: I don't find them to be particularly effective in communicating information.

The right-hand graph frustrates me for a few reasons.  First, I don't particularly like the use of "Developer thinking of Space Invaders" as a representative of "10% of developers" device - but that's personal preference.  Of greater concern to me is that I have no idea what each percentage means.  Is this platform-exclusive development?  If a developer works on different platform-exclusive games for XBox and PSX, do they "count" for both platforms - or neither?  In addition, it's an utterly pointless metric without more information.  Of course more developers develop (at least initally) for PC: it's an open platform, with far fewer hoops to jump through: you don't have to get your game "licensed" for it, for one thing, and with the (admittedly flawed) greenlight, and numerous websites which give a lot of coverage to indie games, PC is the natural choice.  The graph also tops out at 77%: where are the other 23%?  If that's mobile gaming, then it's a significant contender that should be included in the metrics.  If it's "other", I'd be interested to know just what that covers.  If it's "non-exclusive developers", then again I think it's a significant statistic and should be included.

To answer the original question, I have a PS3.  If I were to buy one of the above, it would probably be a PS4 - but given how infrequently I play games on anything other than my PC, it's unlikely to happen for a while.

@Aedin: I realise that your post was tongue in cheek - and I imagine (hope!) the graph was meant in a similar tone... but bad infographics frustrate me.  Here are some more, for anyone with similar feelings (because I shouldn't be the only one to suffer!)