Earrings of Sinope

13»

Comments

• All of my earrings are with men, if you exclude Silas's.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Rangor, didn't know Meph was a girl.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    @Rangor, didn't know Meph was a girl.
    I don't have earrings with Meph :)
  • Yeah @Kyrra, those looks of true love are something else entirely.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I can already tell that this is going to be flamed the hell away, but worth a shot.  As it is, earrings are the most abused artefact in the game aside from -maybe- veils.  Just make it so someone can only have -one- EoS instead of the half dozen that they do now.  Honestly.

<Insert Dunn's earring list here>

Honestly.  This is just bloody ridiculous and excessive.  It essentially guarantees that they can't be fought unless they want to, and they can attack with impunity so long as they're smart and have a single other person online.

I am of the opinion that earrings are operating more or less exactly as they are supposed to - they go on your ears. That said, there are several other classes that more or less cannot be fought unless they want to stand their ground.  - Serpents can and will run and slip out of most things until they find a wormhole. 
    - Plenty of individuals have wings where the only restriction to escape is being outdoors. 
    - Runelorists have a renewable "Get out of troublesome situations quick" card that functions unless there is a monolith sigil at either location. 
    - Necromancers can use blackwind to get away. 
    - Devotionists have/had deliverance, but I admit I don't know how quickly that works any longer or its restrictions. 
    - Jesters can use tarot cards (Hermit) to get away or a puppet, both of which have light restrictions. 
    - Occultists can use tarot cards, astralform, pathfinder (unless how that works was changed), etc. 

Everyone else has legs.  If they don't want to fight at a disadvantage and are capable of curing themselves enough to keep on moving they'll probably get away.  Earrings generally don't allow someone to attack with impunity, either.  Most classes, simply by attacking, open themselves up to retribution.  The ones that don't immediately open themselves up to injury are the ones with abilities that can be used throughout the area - so they didn't really need earrings to engage you that way to begin with. 

Earrings are sort of balanced by the fact that they don't work at all and only serve to make your character look prettier if the other half of the earring pair isn't online (or happens to be incapacitated, dead, or they took the earring off).  Can you negate this?  Sure, purchase multiple pairs of earrings like people have been doing.  It'll cost you, but you're paying for the privilege.  That's more or less what artefacts do, right? 
  • Okay, having finally gotten a pair of earrings myself (with someone it makes RP sense for) and seeing the first person message, I have to laugh at the combatants who get them just for combat. That's worse than the third person one.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Katzchen said:
    Okay, having finally gotten a pair of earrings myself (with someone it makes RP sense for) and seeing the first person message, I have to laugh at the combatants who get them just for combat. That's worse than the third person one.
    What is it?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.

• Sylvance said:
    Katzchen said:
    Okay, having finally gotten a pair of earrings myself (with someone it makes RP sense for) and seeing the first person message, I have to laugh at the combatants who get them just for combat. That's worse than the third person one.
    What is it?
    You think of your true love, <Name>, and travel to him.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Wrap around couches in my crib, Xeno.

• Dunn said:
    Wrap around cooches in my crib, Xeno.
    >_>
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.