August London

Comments

• I'll see about digging out my tennis racquet. It's getting on for 12 years old, but I think it still has at least one string...

Any idea about the time or specific location? Hyde park kind of big and, based on previous experience, people tend to blend in with the public.
    ----------
    I play  -Enrai-  -Luhar-
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I will carry a big sign around that says "I'm not a terrorist" that way you can see who i am and the police won't arrest me for my beard.  

I will also collect phone numbers. 17th august, around noon?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Okay if you are going, i'm going to try and set the meet for around 12-2pm depending on sleeping pattern habits at one of the london stations, either London Euston, Oxford Street (because i know where this is lik a homing pigeon) or King's Cross/St Pancras.  

The date will be 17/08/2013

If you guys want to PM me phone numbers of just text me your name on 07830385351 so I know who for definite is coming and also preferences on activities (me and Jovolo will probably be playing tennis for 90 minutesish at some point too), that would be cool. 

I know I can't drink but I am fine if other people want to (as long as you guys remember ingesting alcohol will kill me), and suggestions for places to eat would be cool too. (we could always default to pizza hut if we are all boring).  I will be in London all day saturday and up until around 3pm on sunday.

So far I have confirmed @Sybilla, @Jovolo, @Azuhi, @Milenka, @Beya.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    *notes down number* *continuously sends pictures of her cat*

• We're going to bring our laptops and play fifa all day sorry guys @Carmain
  • Oh noes, if Beya is going then my secret identity will be revealed! (no-one will care :) )

I'm still a maybe, will PM my number and confirm on the day because maybe I will be overcome with laziness.
    ----------
    I play  -Enrai-  -Luhar-
    Ourania said:
    *notes down number* *continuously sends pictures of her cat*
    cats everywhere :O

-

As drawn by Shayde
    saturday midday queensway station

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    May it not rain on your tennis and tea.

• That has to be the most British blessing I have ever heard.
  • I was dahn Lundahn on Wednesday. The streets are not paved with gold. It's Werther's Originals wrappers. Disappointing.
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • Xli said:

I was dahn Lundahn on Wednesday. The streets are not paved with gold. It's Werther's Originals wrappers. Disappointing.

One of the posh bits then, left over from the Olympics. Before, they were paved with chewing gum and cigarette ends.
    ----------
    I play  -Enrai-  -Luhar-
    Funnily enough when Ourania posted, teh forecast from saturday changed from light shower to partially cloudy. HMM

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • HMMMMMM
  • Ourania IS a goddess after all.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    Om nom nom

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Less people calling in sick next time please!
    Hanging out with @Azuhi, @Milenka and @Mishgul made for a fun day. I promise not to be such a penniless loser next time
    ----------
    I play  -Enrai-  -Luhar-
    @Enrai asked me to take this photo for you @Beya!

-

As drawn by Shayde

Since this meet was like cancelled on at the last second by about 9 people and we ended up with 4 (who I am glad turned up, lots of fun was had) i propose a next time.

Because i want to meet more people and also I've never had money before >(

How do people feel about either mid November or late January? if London is too expensive/difficult we could try somewhere else (in england.)

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • I know I had to cancel this time around, but mid November is genuinely a great time for me to make it down there. I'll talk to you in PM's, it'd be really great if we could have a meet then. 
  • I'm really sorry I missed you guys, was bad timing on my part and didn't expect London to screw me over and that I'd be so exhausted coming back from airport :( Still not properly in the swing of things D:

Glad to hear it was fun though, and would definitely be up for a next time! I'm currently in limbo until I finish exams and graduate, but should, as far as I know, still be in London around November. Sorry again :(
  • MAYBE I WILL BE THERE! :O
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    well i have most of your numbers now. If I can get @Enrai, @Beya, @Eilona, @Azuhi and @Milenka with 3ish days off I will probably come down for a 4 day weekend this time. 1 day in london is definitely not enough!

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • November is too cold! I'll try to make next years summer meet-up.
    November is practically summer over here. Its usually warmer in dec thanit is in april.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Good time of year for me. If we're doing a few days, I'll see about staying in the city
    ----------
    I play  -Enrai-  -Luhar-
  • It was fun spending time with you guys and glad to finally meet you in person @Enrai.
    Getting 3 days off in December will be rather difficult for me, would prefer November.
    @Nemutaur I'll get you a blanket and/or absinthe. Unless you come up with a better excuse, I'm expecting you to visit London soon.