Whom Have You Met Through Achaea?

Comments

• Well, @Tania, I knew of you through the Achaea forums long before I started play WoW. ;)

• I have never met anyone I knew through the internet in the real world.

If I have my way, I never will.

I don't like people ¬_¬

Unrelated: I -do- like Coffee Crisp. Best chocolate bar NA.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • edited July 2013
    To be fair it looks like about five minutes worth of editing went in to make that happen. I've had similar issues with quoting. Someone needs to start a Dais thread about that.

Adalie said:
    I really meant for the topic to be about real friendships you've gained through the game, rather than just a list of people you were around at a meet once.

In other news, I have two really good friends from Achaea though we haver never met in person, love you both @Nixxe and @Lynara! I have met a small handful of Achaeans in person otherwise. I also have a handful of other people I know ooc and consider half-way between acquaintance and friend.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • EldEld
    edited July 2013
    Jonners said:
    To be fair it looks like about five minutes worth of editing went in to make that happen. I've had similar issues with quoting. Someone needs to start a Dais thread about that.
    Unfortunately, a Dais thread is unlikely to be at all helpful, as the quoting issues are presumably problems with the forum software, which is not IRE created or controlled. Best they're likely to be able to do is file bugs with the vanillaforums people and hope things get improved.
  • edited July 2013
    All this coding power at their fingertips, they should just host their own forum platform I say.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • I grew up with August and Ranzou, I won't bother tagging them since both are very much retired from Achaea.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Jonners said:
    To be fair it looks like about five minutes worth of editing went in to make that happen.
    My editing was to resize the gif. :(
  • Adalie said:

Well, @Tania, I knew of you through the Achaea forums long before I started play WoW. ;)

Oh, sure, we knew of each other. But I don't think we ever really spoke before WoW!

I miss our arena games. :(
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited August 2013
    Aww @Ephram. That's one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me. I had no idea you were jealous of that picture! I've lived near the beach my whole life, so I suppose I take advantage of the beauty of it. I always loved the ocean though. You freaking ran into the ocean in WINTER and got your JEANS wet, you freaking crazy woman. Jesus.

Good news! I'm almost sure I have those pictures somewhere. Not entirely sure where, but I'll look around in a few places - I think they're on the boyfriend's computer, hmm. But, PM me your email and I'll send them all along when I find them. I miss you. <3

We need to hook up again, since I can actually drink this time, haha.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Krypton said:
    Jonners said:
    To be fair it looks like about five minutes worth of editing went in to make that happen.
    My editing was to resize the gif. :(
    Kudos then sir, that was well executed.
    ~
  • EllodinEllodin Hawaii
    edited August 2013
    directly or one step away from it, i've probably introduced more people to achaea than most people in this thread have met (destar, karlyt, kakon, khaz, naisar, eldin, kartas, bonaduce)

and met is also a large number, let me think in no particular order (aerek, wessux, mayapple, alemiorri, yrael, rynn, zaric, xeirt, boz, runa, cinya, calleis, trici, eschilde, dontarion, erudite, taril, telendrieth)

i might have missed people but it's a lot

wtf qq
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • PainePaine Prime Material
    edited August 2013
    Okay, let's see, going down memory lane here...

I've met the players behind characters such as: surt, euronymous, hataru, soopay, katoreos, darknight, berenene, saria, aerek, taril, ainia, skarash, kopriana, kaiya, synthesis, aneila, exalus, van, vinceres, aegis, valnurana, neuroi, sunamon, kariana, machiavelli, nynae, larali, hergyle, saidie, ata, arcrisius, keryth, goryllin, gregg.

I've probably missed some people... still a lot more I wish I had gotten to meet up with but never did. mind you this is all from 2008 or previous. sorry if I forgot you!

• Guys if any of you steps into Milan, Italy, I have two beds free. Probably, I am the only Italian player here.
    Light prevails, always
  • I've only met Reznik in RL, but I've become RL friends with a few folks over the years. Even when I'm not playing I keep in touch with Amunet, Imyrr, etc, etc.  Oh, and one time Santar sent me a lab coat and some candy and a puppy and whatnot.
  • Tania said:
    Hmm, @Adalie, I think it's more accurate to say we met through WoW after you started dating @Latus and he made you start playing, since he and I were friends. But I guess since you and he met through Achaea, and he and I met through Achaea, Achaea is the root of our friendship.

But if you ever want to send me some vanilla Coke, that would be cool. We don't have it anymore. :(
    Aww, come on, Vanilla Coke? I'm sort of glad they removed these, it felt like drinking diabetes.

• Siduri said:

Tania said:

Hmm, @Adalie, I think it's more accurate to say we met through WoW after you started dating @Latus and he made you start playing, since he and I were friends. But I guess since you and he met through Achaea, and he and I met through Achaea, Achaea is the root of our friendship.

But if you ever want to send me some vanilla Coke, that would be cool. We don't have it anymore. :(

Aww, come on, Vanilla Coke? I'm sort of glad they removed these, it felt like drinking diabetes.
    It made the best coke floats!
  • @Tamia point granted. Mhh, coke floats!

• I met @Webby, because he naaagged and was passing through for some football team he chases around the country. And I have met @Deeva a lot.. to the point I'm one of the few people she trusts to babysit her kid. I should meet Mhaldor's terrorist one day, though we have probably passed on the train station on numerous occasions. And I met @Almondus, because I was in the area vistiting family, though he larps now, so I shall likely beat him to death on a field in the near future. 
    I think that's it... I'm an antisocial bitch at the best of times. 
  • i met my cousin.....
  • edited August 2013
    wrong thread
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I met my best friend, Odhrin, and Marina. Along with uhh.. shit, what was his name... Some Sentaari dude. Necrid maybe? I'm not sure. I live near(ISH) to @Melodie but she hates me and won't come visit!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Pffft, I'm more poor than you, dude!

Come down to visit and we can definitely chill, though. If you don't mind a glaring boyfriend sitting nearby, pounding his fist into his other open palm threateningly the whole while. ;)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I haven't met through Achaea, but I do know Koradhil (sp? I always get his character name wrong), and Zelious outside of Achaea.
    Just a Grook, member of House Mojushai and proud citizen of Cyrene.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • Daslin said:
    I met my best friend, Odhrin, and Marina. Along with uhh.. shit, what was his name... Some Sentaari dude. Necrid maybe? I'm not sure. I live near(ISH) to @Melodie but she hates me and won't come visit!
    Wait Odhrin's just right up the road from me, where are you?
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

I have met @Milenka @Azuhi @Eilonaand I know @Pluvialis. I might have met someone else.

@Katia owes me a visit at some point! And @Seftin does also.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited August 2013
    Can't really say I've officially 'met' any Achaeans, but I have a good share of players on Skype, who are some of the chillest people I've chatted with. I have one on my cellphone, and one who lives in the same state as I (New Jersey meet someday? Let's go to Camden!)