Minor Traits

Do you think it would be "alright" for people to be able to buy extra minor trait slots?  If so, would it be alright to allow the purchase of one or two, but not more, or are they minor enough that it really wouldn't matter much if someone wanted to buy nearly all of them?  Would there be anything overpowered in that?  If it wasn't "a big deal" it certainly gives people extra goodies to buy - would encourage me to buy some of the "sillier" minor traits.     

Comments

• With a lot of the min/max minor traits removed when the trait system was last overhauled, I don't think it would be a terrible thing if it could add more flavor. Maybe the RP traits could be classified and it be limited to them strictly.

• @Jules, I think that this post would fare better in the Golden Dias since you are preposing creating a form of artefact like permit.

Though I full hearted agree with @Antonius that 'traits' are what define us by nature. Im not opposed to seeing some of the indifferent, non combat traits opened up to permit with a max of 1 or 2 so everyone cannot have them all so to speak.

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• edited August 2013

Agreed - I wanted to put feelers out on it because I really can't tell how the community is going to react.  @Cardan could you move to Dais for further consideration?

Hmm.  Either I'm doing this wrong or Cardan is tired of people tagging him and has disabled the feature...

• Clean Freak is a necessity for infiltration. Just saying.

• Arditi said:
    Clean Freak is a necessity for infiltration. Just saying.
    You could also try, like, paying attention.
  • edited August 2013
    I'll have you know that the Naga is the cleanest house in Sapience. Even our dust is phased.

• Good thing the Naga don't hold their meetings while phased...oh wait.

Look on the bright side - in sPHASE, no one can hear you cough your lungs out.

Yes, I made a pun. 

• edited August 2013
    test:  @Jules  

EDIT:  Hmm, I read up on this on Vanilla Forums' site... It's not supposed to be tricky, and I've tried it in two browsers. 
  • Just put the @ symbol before my name as it mentions in their guidance... @Antonius.
  • Yeah, I know, was wondering how you managed to break it... I wonder if you can't @ yourself.
  • edited August 2013

Hmm... maybe @Ourania could move it, or @Tecton?  But not @Cardan :)

@Jules

EDIT:  !!!  Vanilla Forums

• Apparently not, but at least my alt account for Cardan is now working...
  • Traits were designed to be limited. I could maybe see a single additional minor slot being purchased for like 100cr or so.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Yay, it got moved.  Thanks admin folk.  Right, because they are limited, I, like probably nearly everyone else, chose only the minor traits that are the most "utilitarian" for my purposes.  I'd only ever choose some of the "just cool" or "just fun" or "slightly utilitarian, but less so" traits if I could do so without losing the top picks.  The way I think of it is that a lot of those traits that someone took the time to develop are probably being completely wasted right now, because almost no one (or perhaps even absolutely no one) is choosing them.  
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jules said:
    Yay, it got moved.  Thanks admin folk.  Right, because they are limited, I, like probably nearly everyone else, chose only the minor traits that are the most "utilitarian" for my purposes.  I'd only ever choose some of the "just cool" or "just fun" or "slightly utilitarian, but less so" traits if I could do so without losing the top picks.  The way I think of it is that a lot of those traits that someone took the time to develop are probably being completely wasted right now, because almost no one (or perhaps even absolutely no one) is choosing them.  
    Making it so that everyone can just shell some credits in exchange for extra traits its a bit of missing the point, I think. Ironically, I think this is specially so for the the ones with rpg flavor. If you can't be bothered to pick one of those with your normal slots, then perhaps your character just does not have that trait at all.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Not like any of them is really worth taking. Sitting with last 4 empty because there's nothing of worth to put in them

• So you only have one minor trait Veldrin?  Also, thanks for answering Tecton, I'd rather know as soon as possible if things are being considered or are a non-starter. 
  • trait list known
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Racial:   Amphibious
    Level 20: Brilliance               
    Level 30: Master enchanter         
    Level 40: Master contemplator      
    Level 50: Aim to kill              
    Level 60: Empty
    Level 70: Empty
    Level 80: Empty
    Level 90: Empty
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Key: Major Trait  Minor Trait

The hardest choice I had was between 'Aim to Kill' or 'Lucky'. Before the trait reset I had them all filled out

• Use the rest to fit your RP. There are like 20 drunk ones, a few social ones, sailing ones, things like that. Not everything has to be min/maxed - this system is to promote character development without it coming at the cost to character performance, and that is a really good thing. Although it might be nice to have a few more non-drunk RP ones, not everyone is a drinker!

i'm a rebel

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Not everyone is a crafter or has karma/devotion/sunlight either.

If I wasn't interested in crafting I probably wouldn't bother with traits simply because none are really useful for my character.

Miss triage, health/mana weaver and other useful traits :/
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• There's tons of minor traits that are useful for combat or raiding so it's good there's a limit.

Devout, Soothsayer, Truth Seeker, and to a lesser extent Green tender.

Master contemplator is great during raids or post raid for telepathy monks and anyone sanctioning rooms and raising shrines.

Fully fit, well I guess you could sleep after worldburning since you didn't have the decency not to burn.

Blissful ignorance, lovely against monks, devotion users and occultists. Keeps that armour on longer and lets you tumble, well better than usual I guess.

Improved metabolism - not the greatest one, but helps if you need to scarf down that mutton chop against hunger attacks.

Marksman - amazing raiding trait right there.

Airborne - quite nice if you are flying a lot in combat and need to group up there.

Harpooner - for anybody who loves sea combat I guess

Admiral - see above

Salty - see above

Glass shatterer - combatants forget their mounts elsewhere too.

Knife thrower - great for monks, jesters, occies, (not sure on sentinels)

Meticulous care - not really great while in combat, but amazing because you don't have to spend as much time reinking that crap and risk forgetting that you have no tats in a fight.

Sooo, if you give me more trait slots I'm sure I could fit in more stuff that I could use. Even the slightest chance at an advantage in combat is all we always want, but shouldn't get in this case.

• Tesha said:
    Use the rest to fit your RP. There are like 20 drunk ones, a few social ones, sailing ones, things like that. Not everything has to be min/maxed - this system is to promote character development without it coming at the cost to character performance, and that is a really good thing. Although it might be nice to have a few more non-drunk RP ones, not everyone is a drinker!
    I thought I made it quite clear that none of them fit, that's why I haven't picked any of them.

• So we have minor traits for Certain Classes:

Alchemist: Master Metallurgist
    Apostate: Truth Seeker
    Druid Green Tender + Master Harvester
    Infernal: Truth Seeker + Master Forger
    Magi: Master Enchanter
    Occultist: Soothsayer
    Paladin: Devout + Master Forger
    Priest: Devout
    Rune Warden: Master Forger
    Sentinel: Master Harvester
    Serpent: Master Milker
    Sylvan: Green Tender + Master Harvester

But nothing for: Bard, Blademaster, Jester, Monk, Shaman
  • Traxtin said:
    So we have minor traits for Certain Classes:

Alchemist: Master Metallurgist
    Apostate: Truth Seeker
    Druid Green Tender + Master Harvester
    Infernal: Truth Seeker + Master Forger
    Magi: Master Enchanter
    Occultist: Soothsayer
    Paladin: Devout + Master Forger
    Priest: Devout
    Rune Warden: Master Forger
    Sentinel: Master Harvester
    Serpent: Master Milker
    Sylvan: Green Tender + Master Harvester

But nothing for: Bard, Blademaster, Jester, Monk, Shaman
    Jester+Monk - Knife thrower
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • edited September 2013

Kyrra said:
    Blademaster and Shaman need That Time Of The Month: increases bleeding and reduces clotting.
    Damn near pissed myself laughing

Anyway:

Blademaster: Living Legend - removes all crap adjectives from Murad's RNG.
          Storied Blade - shows your Brokenstars even to people without deathsight on.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • @Traxtin: Those classes don't have trade skills or unique resources, which is why they don't have class specific traits.