Trade Skill - Pyrotechnics

2»

Comments

• I dislike ASCII art in Achaea.  It's not fundamentally different than a .jpg- it's just an image created under especially tight restrictions, which usually means you end up with something looking really crappy.  I don't want pictures inserted while I'm reveling in Achaea's writing, especially not ones that look as horrific as low-dimension ASCII.  I also suspect that it will just highlight Achaea's visual paucity to newer players as well.  Stick to your guns.

Oh, and there's a huge spam issue here as well.  I do not think this will be implemented and I'm happy about that.
  • No, definitely not. There is no way to make ascii art look good across clients due to the fact that some use monospace and some use variable width fonts. 
  • Sarapis said:
    No, definitely not. There is no way to make ascii art look good across clients due to the fact that some use monospace and some use variable width fonts. 
    Does anyone actually use a variable width font? It makes HWHO/CWHO and other formatted displays look like hell.
  • Yes, virtually every single genuinely new player does, via the HTML5 client. Most of the common table-formatted displays are flagged to come out monospace though....and I guess the same could be done with ascii art, come to think of it. (Not sure why that obvious fact didn't occur to me earlier.....)

Still, unlikely to be done. Ascii art is just annoying for the most part, and we definitely do not need more things that require admin approval, as this certainly would.
  • Could ban ASCII imagery that is an actual picture instead of a firework. I.e. only patterns, not pictures.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Or just accept the No.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

This discussion has been closed.