Occultist Classlead

Comments

• Harvesting truenames and having a list of them is the cool/unique aspect. Any sort of unique prerequisites besides valid syntax while on balance/equilibrium contributes to an abilities coolness factor.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Zeon said:
    Harvesting truenames and having a list of them is the cool/unique aspect. Any sort of unique prerequisites besides valid syntax while on balance/equilibrium contributes to an abilities coolness factor.

That aspect of it would still be there if it didn't do ridiculous damage or couldn't be used twice in a row, though.

• edited August 2013
    (I don't think truename will get nerfed as long as soulspear is around. By all means, continue the sewing circle.)

Nerf soulspear, thornspray and uh... hmm. Chipotle burritos. Yeah. Nerf those.

• Idc if it gets nerfed or not. I'm just pointing out the flaw in the "it's unique" argument.

• edited August 2013
    Do tell me another ability that contains burst damage + aeon.

Let us have a moment of silence for old truename that used to strip all defenses on top of its current effects.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    can we delete disrupt while we are at it.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I just finished a Chipotle burrito. OP nerf.

• Valdus said:

Seriously. You take away all the cool abilities like Truename and you will make the game severely boring.
    What is this "Puppet Obliterate" of which you speak?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Besot imo.

• I'm all about bringing forth awesome and wickedly powerful skills. Bring Oblit, Besot, and Shake for puppetry too. We all need game changing abilities that send our foes home screaming about how unfair the world is.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Occies use tarot, shamans are better with dolls and I don't remember there being a third skill that does anything useful. What a joke?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Terra - if you read the log of @Dunn chaining all the truenames the end result is simple. Dont die 4 times before without having him use them. Then he wont be able to blast you.

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• edited August 2013
    Yeah, no. Obliterate can stay away. Would be nice if Puncture could be a bit less underwhelming though.
  • edited August 2013
    Everything should require a lit firecracker. (especially fishing)
  • Oh my god that was fking perfect. I will forever treasure my logs of the Twins tourney in the year 600.

• Hey now, play nice. No one cures heartseed.
  • Yeah because there's no one to give it anymore.

• I tried to bring back the combat relevancy of firecrackers by having the blast make bomb-giving invisible for short duration. Didn't go through.

I drop them during combat anyway.
         -----------         
        |   BOOM!   |        
         -----------         
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Svo gag.
  • edited August 2013
    Dunn said:
    A lot of running on Hecate :|

Well, it's the only counter from what I understand. From my discussions with people about the class, it doesn't seem there is any counter to hecate other than running.

Though, I think there is one balancing factor to hecate, if I'm being informed correctly.

The class has pretty fierce momentum now in 1v1. Seems like the afflictions are impossible to tank for very long.

• At least you have tentacles to help prevent them from running. :( How do you like the changes so far?

i'm a rebel

• Most fun 1v1 class ever.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    that's a lie, druid is the best 1 v 1 class

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae