Combat Training

I thought that this had been done, but I guess not. This is meant as a continuation of http://www.achaea.com/forum/combat-training. Basically a place for people to post logs and ask for advice. I don't have any handy to start off with, but maybe I'll find one a bit later.

Comments

• there should be/ is there? a help file on ALL FALCON COMMANDS.

• Outside of the AB files, there's just the general loyal commands listed in HELP DENIZENS, as far as I know.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    All the falcon commands can be either found under HELP DENIZENS like @Sena said, or specific Chivalry AB files if you have access to those abilities.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• From memory:

FALCON REQUEST
    FALCON SANCTUARY
    FALCON FLEE
    FALCON RECALL
    FALCON HUNT
    FALCON FEED
    FALCON SLEEP
    FALCON ASSESS
    FALCON TRAIN [IN STAT]
    FALCON GLANCE
    FALCON CIRCLE
    FALCON LAND
    FALCON OBSERVE
    FALCON SLAY
    FALCON FOLLOW
    FALCON TRACK
    FALCON RETRIEVE
    FALCON DELIVER
    WARHAWK

then

DROP FALCON
    GIVE FALCON TO [TARGET]
    ORDER FALCON PASSIVE
    ORDER FALCON KILL [TARGET]
    ORDER FALCON FOLLOW [TARGET]
    GET X FROM FALCON
    THROW X TO FALCON

Can't think of any others.
  • edited August 2013
    That is from memory?  

wat
  • How do I score reave kills in 1v1?

Go.
    *Animated Signature*

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Mizik said:
    From memory: FALCON REQUEST FALCON SANCTUARY FALCON FLEE FALCON RECALL FALCON HUNT FALCON FEED FALCON SLEEP FALCON ASSESS FALCON TRAIN [IN STAT] FALCON GLANCE FALCON CIRCLE FALCON LAND FALCON OBSERVE FALCON SLAY FALCON FOLLOW FALCON TRACK FALCON RETRIEVE FALCON DELIVER WARHAWK then DROP FALCON GIVE FALCON TO [TARGET] ORDER FALCON PASSIVE ORDER FALCON KILL [TARGET] ORDER FALCON FOLLOW [TARGET] GET X FROM FALCON THROW X TO FALCON Can't think of any others.
    Good list off memory, here's a few you missed though

FALCON STARTLE
    FALCON REPORT
    ORDER FALCON MOVE (DIRECTION)

• Achilles said:
    Mizik said:
    From memory: FALCON REQUEST FALCON SANCTUARY FALCON FLEE FALCON RECALL FALCON HUNT FALCON FEED FALCON SLEEP FALCON ASSESS FALCON TRAIN [IN STAT] FALCON GLANCE FALCON CIRCLE FALCON LAND FALCON OBSERVE FALCON SLAY FALCON FOLLOW FALCON TRACK FALCON RETRIEVE FALCON DELIVER WARHAWK then DROP FALCON GIVE FALCON TO [TARGET] ORDER FALCON PASSIVE ORDER FALCON KILL [TARGET] ORDER FALCON FOLLOW [TARGET] GET X FROM FALCON THROW X TO FALCON Can't think of any others.

FALCON STARTLE
    FALCON REPORT

wasn't there also a FALCON RETRIEVE <item> FROM <adjacent location> ? 

thanks for the help!

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Teaching combat via forums so hard. Best way to do it is to get a buddy or five with some sort of combat sage overseeing and just duke it out while getting on the fly advice.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Vicious said:

Achilles said:

Mizik said:

From memory:

FALCON REQUEST
    FALCON SANCTUARY
    FALCON FLEE
    FALCON RECALL
    FALCON HUNT
    FALCON FEED
    FALCON SLEEP
    FALCON ASSESS
    FALCON TRAIN [IN STAT]
    FALCON GLANCE
    FALCON CIRCLE
    FALCON LAND
    FALCON OBSERVE
    FALCON SLAY
    FALCON FOLLOW
    FALCON TRACK
    FALCON RETRIEVE
    FALCON DELIVER
    WARHAWK

then

DROP FALCON
    GIVE FALCON TO [TARGET]
    ORDER FALCON PASSIVE
    ORDER FALCON KILL [TARGET]
    ORDER FALCON FOLLOW [TARGET]
    GET X FROM FALCON
    THROW X TO FALCON

Can't think of any others.

FALCON STARTLE
    FALCON REPORT

wasn't there also a FALCON RETRIEVE <item> FROM <adjacent location> ? 

thanks for the help!

No. You'd have to ORDER FALCON MOVE into the adjacent room and then FALCON RETRIEVE as two separate commands. You could always alias it though.
  • edited August 2013
    The soulspear machine. Just put get body from falcon in your soulspear alias. Though since our breakup it's in the offer corpse alias (or immolate, if that's your thing).

Also triggering team deathsights to track retrieve.
  • Zii said:
    How do I score reave kills in 1v1?

Go.

• Tempering 3 ... somethings?
  • What should be the best way to go about finding out limb breaks as Blademaster? As every other class (excepting maybe monk) it has been prettyy easy for me -- get a chart of every opponent I face, how many hits it took to break a limb, and tada. But with arm/legslash and then each of the individual compassslashes, I'm having a tough time figuring it out how to best go about it. Every time I start to think about it, I just go "Meh... Back to League!"
  • be sure to DROP FALCON before ORDER FALCON MOVE

• Chord said:
    What should be the best way to go about finding out limb breaks as Blademaster? As every other class (excepting maybe monk) it has been prettyy easy for me -- get a chart of every opponent I face, how many hits it took to break a limb, and tada. But with arm/legslash and then each of the individual compassslashes, I'm having a tough time figuring it out how to best go about it. Every time I start to think about it, I just go "Meh... Back to League!"
    I haven't found a good answer to that yet either, but be aware that every stance+attack-type is different, where attack type is drawslash, limbslash (my nickname for arm/leg/centreslash - those three, at least, seem to be the same), and compass slash.
  • Ashuran trade secret.
  • Chord said:
    What should be the best way to go about finding out limb breaks as Blademaster? As every other class (excepting maybe monk) it has been prettyy easy for me -- get a chart of every opponent I face, how many hits it took to break a limb, and tada. But with arm/legslash and then each of the individual compassslashes, I'm having a tough time figuring it out how to best go about it. Every time I start to think about it, I just go "Meh... Back to League!"
    on my alt I just compass'd until each limb was 1 away then used legslash/armslash to double break. 
  • Just use Dorn's counter, which is linked somewhere on the forums. Very accurate, does all the math for you.
  • Just use Dorn's counter. Compassing one from break and then slashing is unreliable, and there's not much point risking it when there is something out there that guesses accurately and tracks limb health as a BM.
  • Counter's are for losers.

Where can I download his counter?
  • www.Ashura.com

Just get a lv 3 band and set his counter to lv 2 band.

Worked great for me.
  • Jovolo said:
    Just use Dorn's counter. Compassing one from break and then slashing is unreliable, and there's not much point risking it when there is something out there that guesses accurately and tracks limb health as a BM.
    Not to mention it's slower than alternating limbslashes.
  • https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1xVCQsUL63rajlPRUM0QWhFcDg/edit

This ought to be it - I can't remember if that's the one which I fixed the compass mistake on or not, though.

Easy test if it's the latest version - if it offers you an 'optimal prep path' it's the latest one.

I'm not a BM anymore so I'm not going to be giving a huge amount of support to this, but if anyone wants to modify it, feel free.
  • edited August 2013
    It is the latest version, there's just something wrong with compass-slash that I'll figure out after work. Thanks Dorn, you da best. :)
  • If I recall correctly it's a multi-line trigger not set to be multi-line.

I'm not sure why. I uploaded that thing three times after 'fixing' it and every time that seems to unset itself.

...Though I'm not ruling out the possibility I just uploaded the same damn file three times without the fix.
  • One of the compass triggers had a line missing - pretty sure it didn't have the function bit on it to update the visuals. It still tracked correctly but just didn't show it on screen.
    I don't remember exactly cos I was using as a training aid for something else, so it was kind of butchered when I found that.
    ----------
    I play  -Enrai-  -Luhar-
  • ...See, if you butchered it, I have no idea what could possibly be wrong with it.

And I don't use the script anymore because I'm a Magi, so.

...Good luck?