CTF

2»

Comments

• I Looooooved it. So much FUN, and no stress of losing XP to death too.

God I would love more events like this, I was rushing on adrenaline the entire time :D.
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    This CTF was an absolute blast for me, all pun intended.  I'd been planning it for weeks, 500 of each bomb wasn't even enough.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    The next CTF will be an earring/bomb/lupine fest now. Who even needs class skills.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited August 2013
  • Sabiru said:
    Was great fun from what I remember, yeah.

Hey, for next time though can we switch dark blue up for something else as a city colour? I was having a hard time reading any text at all, but Ashtan's names were especially rough. I'd even go as far as to say they may have won solely because of this.

Also, invincibees :O

My bees were awesome. You kept killing them!

• Sabiru said:

Hey, for next time though can we switch dark blue up for something else as a city colour? I was having a hard time reading any text at all, but Ashtan's names were especially rough. I'd even go as far as to say they may have won solely because of this.

Given how drunk you were, I could see this as a possibility.

• Sabiru said:

I have to agree with this. I cant count the several times I was squinting at the screen trying to read a name in dark blue
  • Rangor said:
    (Party): Rangor says, "Changed target to Rangor."

Good thing we were gonna suicide holobomb anyways!
    Suicide...Mice, For next CTF! *begins scheming*

100 mice rush into the room leaping onto Rangor. I love it
  • edited August 2013
    Sabiru said:
    Ditto. This was a huge advantage for Ashtan. There were several times that people were in my room and I couldn't tell who they were because of dark blue on my black mudlet background. I even searched for a config option halfway through to turn off name coloring. Nothing that I could find.

The only way I could pick out targets was waiting for them to be called on PT. I thought it might have just been my eyes/my settings, but guess not.

It was a pretty obvious advantage for Ashtan. Like 90% of people at least probably use a black background. I didn't have any trouble seeing any names except for Ashtani.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited August 2013
    Pit should really not work in a CTF. It can remove participants for far too long.

Overall it was really fun though, my first one, and I enjoyed it. :)

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• 90% of people probably use SVO and  NameDB, so it doesn't matter what their background is.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I had fun, but I really cannot protect myself. I thought I was sort of ready, but I was not, clearly. I kept singing this:

Frustration in the night....exchanging glances,
    @Dunn within my sight, I have no chances,
    I'd just love to land a blow, before the night goes through.

The rest you all know.

Damn, it is hard.
    Light prevails, always
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I found the colouring of names kept turning on and off depending on what actions people were doing.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I noticed the same thing. Sometimes colored, sometimes not.

• Shibumi said:
    I had fun, but I really cannot protect myself. I thought I was sort of ready, but I was not, clearly. I kept singing this:

well hun if you are frustrated, there are certain remedies we can talk about late >>
  • Asmodron said:
    Shibumi said:
    I had fun, but I really cannot protect myself. I thought I was sort of ready, but I was not, clearly. I kept singing this:

well hun if you are frustrated, there are certain remedies we can talk about late >>
    Any remedy would help...I think I have to redo my whole offensive again. I noticed the same color shifting in names, though. I am sure it was just this issue which got me killed several times.
    Light prevails, always
  • Santar said:
    Sabiru said:
    Ditto. This was a huge advantage for Ashtan. There were several times that people were in my room and I couldn't tell who they were because of dark blue on my black mudlet background. I even searched for a config option halfway through to turn off name coloring. Nothing that I could find.

The only way I could pick out targets was waiting for them to be called on PT. I thought it might have just been my eyes/my settings, but guess not.

It was a pretty obvious advantage for Ashtan. Like 90% of people at least probably use a black background. I didn't have any trouble seeing any names except for Ashtani.
    I just left svo's ndb on and disabled highlighting enemies. I could tell who was from where pretty easily off my own highlights. I figured it was worth the slow-down risk early on, because I couldn't tell who was who when I completely paused it. I'd rather have my familiar highlights than try to figure out what city each colour was.

I mean, looking at CTF, I was baffled by Cyrene being bright green. I was like, "Why does Eleusis have a flag planted at our two hills. I mean, I'm at one of them, when the hell did they sneak an uproot and replant here?" (going by the coloured asterisks by the hill denoting who has it captured)
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.