What class would you consider being the warrior type?

edited October 2012 in North of Thera
I'm a blademaster and though it might work as a warrior but I'm not too sure.

Comments

• Infernal, Monk.
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Runewardens, Paladins, Infernals, Monks, Blademasters all work.  If you mean the tanky type then just the first 4, BM is more the stealthy rogue/guerilla warfare type.  
  • Honestly, every class has aspects of that.  But, the three Knights, Monks, and Blademasters along with Dragons hit it the hardest.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Runewardens, Paladins, Infernals, and Monks are the out-and-out brawlers. Blademasters definitely fall into the "warrior" category, but they incorporate more ninja-esque flavor into their style than the others, as Achilles mentioned.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited October 2012

Aerek said:
    Runewardens, Paladins, Infernals, and Monks are the out-and-out brawlers. Blademasters definitely fall into the "warrior" category, but they incorporate more ninja-esque flavor into their style than the others, as Achilles mentioned.
    I've always pictured Blademasters as being more samurai-ish as opposed to their stealthier counterparts.

Edit: Evade is sneaky but still, reminds me of fleet-footed samurai warriors from animes I've watched.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Blademasters used to deal massive damage. They now deal less than half of what they used to.
  • Mizik said:
    Blademasters used to deal massive damage. They now deal less than half of what they used to.
    Wonder why...
  • I'd include sentinels as well.
  • What exactly do you mean by warrior? Depending on what you're looking for, there could be any number of answers (including "none" or "all of them").
  • Sentinel, in an animalistic way.
  • I think that House really needs to be factored into the question behind the OP.  As has been said, if we're just talking classwise, it's practically impossible to answer as is; the RPG tropes don't fit Achaean tropes too well, which is a mixed blessing imo.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • I mean like sword wielding warriors but I found the class. (which was Blademaster after all..)
  • There's also the knight classes (paladin, infernal, and runewarden), which all dual-wield swords.
  • If I don't like BM later on.. ill try one of those.
  • Keep in mind that Paladin and Infernal are aligned classes, and have RP restrictions. There are some cities that they can't join.
  • Delphinus said:
    Keep in mind that Paladin and Infernal are aligned classes, and have RP restrictions. There are some cities that they can't join.
    Part of the excitement - and it in turns 'forces' some RP into your gaming style - which is a big part of Achaea. Though of course, a warrior doesn't have to be a sword-wielding type - it all depends on how you decide the role and the personality of your character.

• Coeur said:
    Delphinus said:
    Keep in mind that Paladin and Infernal are aligned classes, and have RP restrictions. There are some cities that they can't join.
    Part of the excitement - and it in turns 'forces' some RP into your gaming style - which is a big part of Achaea. Though of course, a warrior doesn't have to be a sword-wielding type - it all depends on how you decide the role and the personality of your character.
    I detect French in your name, good sir.

It all depends on your preference for RP, really. Good RP can still be found in a more passive environment and zealotry doesn't necessarily suit everyone's playing style.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • "Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there (war), eighty are nothing but targets, nine are real fighters… We are lucky to have them…  They make the battle.  Ah, but the one, one of them is a Warrior… and he will bring the others back."

So... Tanris.

• Man, now I understand all the earrings.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Real warriors don't wear earrings.  They wear rings in secrets..