Roleplaying in Mhaldor

2»

Comments

• Firstly, I apologize for the necro!

I just made my first character on Achaea. During the city selection process, I read about the city Mhaldor and decided that it sounds like a place I might enjoy role-playing in. Anyway, my character name is Keres and I just wanted to introduce myself to the other players in Mhaldor and put it out there that I am pretty much a newbie to Achaea. I do have some experience playing MUDs but this one seems quite a bit different than the other ones I have played.

I have not picked a class or House yet because I don't really know what fits with the city. I am going to read up about the classes a bit more before making that choice, and probably the Houses as well. It sounds like a good idea to join a House. I would really appreciate any discussion or feedback from other members of the city before I make my choice. If you think a particular House or class would be a better place to start, I would love to hear why.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to playing with you all!
    "Under all that we think, lives all that we believe, like the ultimate veil of our spirits." --Antonio Machado
    "The belief that becomes truth for me is that which allows me the best use of my strength, the best means of putting my virtues into action." --Andre Gide
    "It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."  --Rene Descartes
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Keres said:
    Firstly, I apologize for the necro!

I just made my first character on Achaea. During the city selection process, I read about the city Mhaldor and decided that it sounds like a place I might enjoy role-playing in. Anyway, my character name is Keres and I just wanted to introduce myself to the other players in Mhaldor and put it out there that I am pretty much a newbie to Achaea. I do have some experience playing MUDs but this one seems quite a bit different than the other ones I have played.

I have not picked a class or House yet because I don't really know what fits with the city. I am going to read up about the classes a bit more before making that choice, and probably the Houses as well. It sounds like a good idea to join a House. I would really appreciate any discussion or feedback from other members of the city before I make my choice. If you think a particular House or class would be a better place to start, I would love to hear why.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to playing with you all!

Welcome to the Naga~ *hint, hint*

But yeah, you are right, joining a House in Mhaldor is a specially good idea!~ 

:P

Seriously thought, any of the accepted classess fit very well with the city, so what you need to ask yourself is what fits with your character. Is Keres an honorable evil knight? Or a dishonorable evil bastard? That sort of thing. I personally don't think one class is better to start than any other. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Ebon Fist is a monastery. We aim for well-roundedness and we're big on being a brotherhood of warriors in Evil. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Thanks for all the info! I am excited to meet you all in-game, when I figure out why this client won't connect.
    "Under all that we think, lives all that we believe, like the ultimate veil of our spirits." --Antonio Machado
    "The belief that becomes truth for me is that which allows me the best use of my strength, the best means of putting my virtues into action." --Andre Gide
    "It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."  --Rene Descartes
  • @Daeir - good advice! I know because that's exactly what I have done and I am loving it already. Everyone has been super helpful and encouraging and the RP around it all is fun and stimulating

shhhh tho don't tell everyone or they'll all want in ;)
  • i'm stuck (in)
  • edited May 2013
    I wish I were truly GOOD at playing a Mhaldorian. If only I weren't a coward, and utterly stupid where combat is concerned.

Edit: added the purple words
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Boosteya said:
    I wish I were truly GOOD at playing a Mhaldorian. If only I weren't a coward, and utterly stupid where combat is concerned.

Edit: added the purple words
    I am nowhere near good at combat either, and that has not deterred me. You just need to find a way to be useful, thats all.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• HataruHataru Midwest USA
    @Boosteya I'm rubbish at combat and I've still done plenty even in the Maldaathi - if you have a talent and you push for that talent to be used, it will get used.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Apologies for the necromancy, but I am curious as to whether current Mhaldorian players perceive raids and raiding as crowding out other IC initiatives?  Mhaldor's small playerbase relative to other cities naturally mitigates in favor of an all-hands-on-deck approach to combat.   In my experience, combat was very often happening or being contemplated during the prime hours of player activity.  How is the current leadership accomodating a variety of gaming styles within the strictures of established Mhaldorian roleplay?        
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    It's slow. The segregation is appearing, which can be good, but there are still fights where everyone gets dragged into it. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Just wanted to send a shout out to the bros and shos roleplaying on the other side of the monitor. You is who you is. 
  • As a newbie, I have found striking up polite conversation with the higher officials of the city to be rather easy. A bow in greeting, and a polite "Hello" are really all it takes. At least, from my experience.

And about the mentor, I actually had a mentor find me, and take me in. It was actually weird, because I had thought I had to go looking about for a mentor.

But, I simply said hi, my (almost) mentor was telling me what I needed to do, and then *poof* I was a disciple!!

But in all honesty, there is a fine line between being buddy-buddy and speaking to a superior or inferior.

Show respect to get respect, is how I go about it. And it's pretty easy, and people open up too.
  • edited October 2014
    I just kill the superiors and say Hail Sartan afterwards.

Works so far

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.