TinTin++ setup?

I am trying to get a good TinTin++ setup for mudding, would anyone like to share their setup? I cannot figure out the #prompt command.

Comments

• For bizarre reasons that I've since forgotten, I've never been able to get #prompt to work with Achaea's prompt. I was planning on investigating it, but I've since become extraordinarily busy, so I haven't ever actually had a chance to look into why it doesn't work.

I ultimately got prompt info by GMCP and #actions.

Also, I was eventually planning on making a general TinTin++ system, but then aforementioned busy happened, so it only has a few basic things. x_x The one I used was very customized and hacked together as I learned the details of how Achaea and TinTin++ worked, so it would probably not serve as a good example!

• Honestly, anything would be a help
  • I am also struggling to understand gmcp in Tt++. I get that it's a data structure that is updated in the background by the mud. But Tintin doesn't really explain how to implement it in scripts.
  • CardanCardan The Garden
    For GMCP in Tintin++ try this forum post. Talks about implementing a GMCP automapper for IRE games. It's a little old, but looks to be a good starting point. Here
  • Also, while it's not especially active, the tintin++ forum is still an incredibly useful resource in general.

That said, if you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them - but I haven't logged on Achaea in months. u_u

Also, a basic summary of GMCP: It's sent as a telnet command might be. The data is sent as JSON, though tintin++ knows how to convert this into tintin++-style mapped variables.

If that went over your head, you'll be happy to know that the code @Cardan linked should still work just fine, since that code was basically how I learned how to use GMCP too!

• I understand what GMCP is, I just don't understand how it works with tintin and how you interact with it, I will take a look at @cardan's link and see if it makes sense.
  • I haven't gotten the prompt command to work with colour, but I have prompt and split working, and also a semi-functioning Do Queue. Once I have it a bit more... settled, I will post it here.
  • Someday, I'll totally make a system for tintin++. Not like the poorly coded, difficult-to-extend, and very Nim-specific one I have now, but something general.

That said, I've been working on it for a year with minimal progress, so I wouldn't hold my breath. >_>
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Nim said:
    Someday, I'll totally make a system for tintin++. Not like the poorly coded, difficult-to-extend, and very Nim-specific one I have now, but something general. That said, I've been working on it for a year with minimal progress, so I wouldn't hold my breath. >_>
    Another year has gone by. Anywhere close to a system, or another year of minimal progress? ;)