Message Inbox Quality of Life Improvements

Can there be a CONFIG option to allow the listing of messages starting from the most recent instead of the default "oldest messages first" view? Something like CONFIG RECENTMESSAGES ON or an appendable command for MESSAGES/MSGS/MSG LIST such as RECENT(as in MSGS RECENT) to accomplish that?

Example of normal MESSAGES:

******************************[ Message Summary ]******************************
 [Msg#]  [From]       [Date]      [Summary]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p     1  Kakotas      9/29/9:08   blah blah
p     2  Lenneth      9/30/10:14  words words 
p     3  Lenneth      10/05/18:56 summary of some message here
p     4  Lenneth      10/27/14:39 etc etc etc
p     5  Lenneth      12/02/11:43 oh gods make the exposition stahp

While MESSAGES RECENT would instead display... 

******************************[ Message Summary(Most recent) ]******************************
 [Msg#]  [From]       [Date]      [Summary]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    269  Antidas      7/28/1:23   oh gods not more words
    268  Carmell      7/28/1:19   words words words
    267  Achaea       7/28/0:40   oh, i see how it is
    266  Achaea       7/28/0:40   having all these words must mean one thing...
    265  Achaea       7/28/0:40   you must have a fetish for words, eh Synbios?

Comments

• Why do we need a config option for this? Just change it!
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • @Jonners: Because I'm sure not all players may want the 'most recent messages first' mode(not sure who wants it, though). Still, the opposite could be made possible - make the 'view most recent messages first' be the default, and the 'view oldest messages first' be the alternate CONFIG option.

• If we need the config option (which we do because of change-whiners) then I wholeheartedly support this option. I might actually start managing my message inbox if this was the case.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited August 2013
    I prefer seeing my oldest messages first but having an option to view my most recent first would be far easier for cleaning up unwanted messages.

Right now it's easier for me to check messages on the website and delete certain ones because I dislike having to delete, renumber and keep checking through different lists of numbers.

Edit to fix a typo.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    I prefer seeing my oldest messages first but having an option to view my most recent first would be far easier for cleaning up unwanted messages. Right now it's easier for me to check messages on the website and delete certain ones because I dislike having to delete, renumber and keep checking through different lists of numbers. Edit to fix a typo.
    Kyrra saves all of my messages to look at when she is feeling blue.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    True that.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Whilst we are at it can we config it so that more works with messages too have it toggleable so can either do message number or just more till you get the one you want please?
  • CardanCardan The Garden
    As with my comment in the credit limit thread, I've coded up a MSG LIST REVERSE command that will list the messages in reverse order (newest first) and it'll be loaded up sometime shortly after the CTF.
  • I wish you could do this for any of the various channel history commands too.
    ~