Remove the 180cr daily limit on Credit - > Lesson conversion.

Simply put, this is an archaic method that was put in place many years ago and one that has been removed in at least two of the other IRE Muds (and perhaps all of them) without any detrimental effects whatsoever.

I feel it serves no purpose these days and I for one would like to enjoy greater freedom in my Credit and Lesson based activities.

Viva la Bluef.

Comments

• Agree.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Thanks, boss.

Viva la Bluef.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Challenge accepted.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Can anyone explain why they felt it necessary to restrict our purchases? This limit used to be at 60 per irl day as I recall.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Man...I just transcended all my alchemist skills.
  • Jonners said:
    Can anyone explain why they felt it necessary to restrict our purchases? This limit used to be at 60 per irl day as I recall.

That limit goes back to almost the beginning of Achaea. I put it in limit the ability of newbies to be instantly competitive (was a lot easier to be competitive back in the day), which was a pretty much universal desire from the pbase at that time. No longer relevant though.
  • Sarapis said:
    Jonners said:
    Can anyone explain why they felt it necessary to restrict our purchases? This limit used to be at 60 per irl day as I recall.

That limit goes back to almost the beginning of Achaea. I put it in limit the ability of newbies to be instantly competitive (was a lot easier to be competitive back in the day), which was a pretty much universal desire from the pbase at that time. No longer relevant though.
    We all wanna be superstars too you know! Cut us some slack. Bring back the the age-old  "autobash to win"
  • ZiiZii
    edited July 2013
    Can this change come with a free trait reset?

Just because? (I'm being greedy, I know)
    *Animated Signature*

• edited July 2013
    Jonners said:
    Back in the day people didn't want others to become instantly powerful. I'm not gonna say it was RP to limit credit conversion, but some people considered it that way and thought learning should be very limited.

Edit: Sarapinja'd.

• It used to be a much stricture limit. Could convert far less per day. I remember that because I started converting in advance of being able to learn my third skill set in order not to be delayed further.  My guess is that the restriction is so somebody cannot show up one day and be fully transed the next. I do understand that from an RP pov.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Hmm, I recall the days when one could only use 3 lessons at a time (rather than 15). At that time I thought the credit conversion limit was to stop people from driving themselves bonkers by learning for 20 hours straight.

• Azor said:
    Hmm, I recall the days when one could only use 3 lessons at a time (rather than 15). At that time I thought the credit conversion limit was to stop people from driving themselves bonkers by learning for 20 hours straight.
    We should bring that back,.. in fact, you only learn 1 lesson at a time and eating a myrrh allows you to learn 3. Once this change has been made, then allow them to convert as many credits as they want!
  • If you want to REALLY go back, you'd get lessons for just being online.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Sarapis said:
    If you want to REALLY go back, you'd get lessons for just being online.
    I remember the days of playing First Age where this happened. Approximately 3 lessons per hour was the rate you gained them at.

I first heard about Achaea when I learned that you'd bought the rights to the engine.

Viva la Bluef.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sarapis said:

Please no. I have lessons accumulating just from Iron Elite and I have no way to get rid of them and I am trans everything.

I know it would likely get abused but I'd love a way to transfer lessons to other people.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Valdus said:
    Sarapis said:
    I remember the days of playing First Age where this happened. Approximately 3 lessons per hour was the rate you gained them at.

I first heard about Achaea when I learned that you'd bought the rights to the engine.
    Worst piece of shit engine you've ever seen. Did not even have local variables. (Coders amongst you - I'm not making that up.) The owner (Genesis) also helpfully included a backdoor for himself that allowed him to watch all incoming input to the game. Total scumbag whom I haven't talked to since the day I discovered the backdoor and immediately set about finding a replacement engine (which also sucked, but sucked less than the original one. We developed Rapture ourselves.)
  • edited August 2013
    Kyrra said:
    Please no. I have lessons accumulating just from Iron Elite and I have no way to get rid of them and I am trans everything. I know it would likely get abused but I'd love a way to transfer lessons to other people.

That was not a serious suggestion, for the record!

And lessons will never be transferable for obvious reasons.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Yeah I know. I'll probably drop class someday and pick it up again when I have enough to tri trans all at once.

Or hope we get another crafting skill to spend lessons on!

• ValdusValdus Australia
    Sarapis said:

Valdus said:
    Sarapis said:

Worst piece of shit engine you've ever seen. Did not even have local variables. (Coders amongst you - I'm not making that up.) The owner (Genesis) also helpfully included a backdoor for himself that allowed him to watch all incoming input to the game. Total scumbag whom I haven't talked to since the day I discovered the backdoor and immediately set about finding a replacement engine (which also sucked, but sucked less than the original one. We developed Rapture ourselves.)
    Yeah, Genesis wasn't the best bloke I've ever met, that's for sure, but that sounds like an absolute nightmare, haha.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we're glad you developed Rapture in house.

Viva la Bluef.
  • I lived with the guy for 9 months. He was a nightmare.

• Sarapis said:
    And go back to when artefacts where only offered in auctions, for the 30 people that were online during peak PST times.

And then Tylin and Isildur would get them all anyway.

• It'd be nice if you did acquire lessons (Not necessarily at the rate of Iron Elite, which is essentially 630+ lessons a month), but rewarding long-time consistent play with allowing easier transcendence of skills for people that have been actively playing and maybe hey, even contributing to the environment for everyone else would be great!

Shameless plug of easier skill acquisition.

I have not much to say on the actual topic, it's a good idea. It should be implemented, Sarapis has already agreed. Done deal.
  • Kyrra said:
    Yeah I know. I'll probably drop class someday and pick it up again when I have enough to tri trans all at once. Or hope we get another crafting skill to spend lessons on!
    Just save them for the crafting skill change. If they separate them all like they're talking about, you might be able to learn them all!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• It's a losing proposition. Iron Elite will earn lessons faster than IRE will push out new skills. There should be some way to convert lessons to bound credits.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited August 2013
    I have a difficult time seeing a scenario where you could ever directly convert lessons, gold, herbs, runes, dead mobs, or anything else that wasn't purchased WITH credits into credits. Super unlikely to ever happen. 
  • ValdusValdus Australia

Sarapis said:
    I have a difficult time seeing a scenario where you could ever directly convert lessons, gold, herbs, runes, dead mobs, or anything else that wasn't purchased WITH credits into credits. Super unlikely to ever happen.

Good, because the value of credits are maintained purely because nothing else can become credits.

Just thinking about the mayhem that would rock the in game economy if the value of other currencies/items were able to be translated into credits directly scares me.

Viva la Bluef.
This discussion has been closed.