Goodbye

2»

Comments

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    I don't know about bashing for gold, I'm still level 92 and I still quest where I can and get most of my monies from that. When I was playing a forestal and the prices weren't so low, I was able to tritrans in less than an IRL year without any OOC credits at all. Of course, consistent city and house credit sales helped loads, but yeah, it's doable. 

Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited May 2013
    I miss Mhaldor credit sales, though @Sanna should be able to get city credits from Ashtan as well.

Tailor's license, jeweller's license, master shopkeeper's license, wyvernskin pack, assorted non-decay items, gem of cloaking, serpentine keyring, customized L2 bow, customized L1 crit pendant, a couple other minor artefacts/SoW items, and the only reason I didn't tri-trans way earlier was because I am not only a terrible hunter but I spent my lessons in other places and am far too fond of non-decay. I was a House leader at least an RL year before I tri-transed, probably more, so I can definitely say you don't need that to be involved in politics.

Never bought OOC credits. I didn't buy all of the items I listed either, but you don't always have to.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Well @Jiraishin Ashtan only sells city creds to raiders + position holders + >CR4 etc. (the system is merit-based) not everyone in Ashtan can buy city credits in every sale like in Mhaldor.

Honestly in this day and age it is much harder to do things without being trans because it is so easy for people to trans, but I went 9 IRL years on Hat - and I did raid on her and such (minus my what... 3 year dormancy?) without being trans survival or vision. Granted I was a minor back then before my longest dormancy and elite didn't exist and people didn't go above like level 80 for the most part so credits weren't exactly flowing - I think I bought them twice in high school after I got my first job to tri-trans shaman cause trying to do anything as a Shaman was terribad without tri-trans. (stillbitteraboutoblit)

If you're really concerned about getting tri-trans and doing it quickly I always recommend going one of the harvesting classes (so sylvan, sentinel, druid, alchemist) getting your bashing skill and putting the rest in the 'sell'able skill because if tri-trans is all you're worried about because you want to "get involved" and think its necessary its the best way - not only do you meet people through your sales and make it easier to gain a reputation at least for that (which still helps if you want to get into the politics side of things) but you gain a lot of money.

CFS is <large amounts of curse words here> ridiculous right now though and I refuse to buy credits over 5k because that's just stupid - call me old fashioned whatever.

Bottom line for this whole post is really that you can't play a game like Achaea, expect notoriety or gain of any sort and not put the time in.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    @Hataru I know. I said that from observation of Sanna. She's more likely to get city credits than I am.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    @Jiraishin Maybe at some point - but my point was merely to make a note that even if she could get city credits its going to take the time and effort she doesn't seem to want to put in.

A person who has that mindset likely won't get to the point of earning merit-based credits unless they're one of the healing classes and that sort of requires doing the harvesting grind that people with that mindset also tend to not want to do.

Or alternatively just get over the fact she'd die in raids and earn the right to them that way which is the 'fast' way to do it.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • The new setup is perfect, and we'll see it very soon.

It will give credits in a city sale format only for people that fill in a minimum number of hours per week. Don't worry, everyone still wins. The people that deserve the credits get them more frequently, and the slackers get the thin air owed to them. I can't get someone to log in to check messages, but the moment the word 'credit' is mentioned, they dump their elderly mothers in a whorehouse rather than a rest home, in their frantic hurry to vampire our own version of social care.

Given the fact the city Patron expects each citizen to perform better than the everyman, like a Refugee's lips to a crackpipe, this expectation fits us like a glove. Expect frequent sales. If any of the gypsy grifters have a problem with it, I'll show them the amazing contraption I've put together: a comment box that connects to a dysentery patient's chamber pot. 
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • edited May 2013
    Hataru said:
    @Jiraishin Maybe at some point - but my point was merely to make a note that even if she could get city credits its going to take the time and effort she doesn't seem to want to put in.

A person who has that mindset likely won't get to the point of earning merit-based credits unless they're one of the healing classes and that sort of requires doing the harvesting grind that people with that mindset also tend to not want to do.

Or alternatively just get over the fact she'd die in raids and earn the right to them that way which is the 'fast' way to do it.
    I did get over the fact I'd die in raids and participated in two of them over the span of a few days while level 60, with no realization I would get access to credit sales. So I do find this line " even if she could get city credits its going to take the time and effort she doesn't seem to want to put in." rather offensive. I never asked for cheap or free credits, and it turns out I could.
    Edit: Oh and also
    "Bottom line for this whole post is really that you can't play a game like Achaea, expect notoriety or gain of any sort and not put the time in." 
    I do not expect any such thing. I'm just saying that the time put in is not worth the progress for me currently. 
  • @Sanna Sad to see you go. If the gold stealing was the major factor in this I could have replaced it for you. Hope you come back to play some time!
  • Sanna said:
     currently. 
    Highlighted the problem. Took me real-life years to get anywhere, and I'm still not anywhere is a lot of circles. Game's still hella fun, though.

Sorry to have lost your interest. I honestly hope you choose to come back some day.

(I can't decide if a heart-smily or a happy-smily fits better here, so pretend it's whichever one you prefer.) :)
  • Considered her stolen to a game where skills only require xp to learn, and the only way you get xp is via rping. Welcome to the fold Sanna. Now, let us convert these shallow excuses of rpers.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Tahquil said:
    Considered her stolen to a game where skills only require xp to learn, and the only way you get xp is via rping. Welcome to the fold Sanna. Now, let us convert these shallow excuses of rpers.
    Considered, or consider?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I assume at some point you would stop considering at some stage. I'm not that cruel to ask you think about her being usurped to greener pastures for all your life. Good god, what kind of cruel beast do you think I am?!?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Tahquil said:
    I assume at some point you would stop considering at some stage. I'm not that cruel to ask you think about her being usurped to greener pastures for all your life. Good god, what kind of cruel beast do you think I am?!?
    I won't attempt to unravel that, but merely say I was just going to ask if you were referring to that game you mentioned some good time ago in another thread.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Hmm, depending on which one you are remembering, yes or no.
  • edited July 2013
    When I purchase things like globes or artefact packages, do my city and house get credits for those purchases?  Also, what percentage of city and house credits come from player artefact/credit purchases?
  • edited July 2013
    @Sanna, I have but one question.

How many games have you ever played or even heard of that, the creator( @Sarapis ), will address a question or concern personally?

There as a large chunk of the human population that Achaea is not for. I, for one, am not convinced you are part of that chunk. There are dozens of people that want nothing more than to help novices blossom into the next @Tanris (may he code in peace). If I could, I'd suggest giving it another shot, but feel more welcome to utilize the camaraderie that comes with being a part of a city.

• edited July 2013
    Jules said:

When I purchase things like globes or artefact packages, do my city and house get credits for those purchases?  Also, what percentage of city and house credits come from player artefact/credit purchases?

No, cities and houses only get credits from credit purchases (elite counts toward this as though it were a 100cr purchase each time it renews).
    Houses get 5% and cities get 3%
    You can often READLOG and see credit purchases, though readlog is sometimes permission based.

EDIT: Occurs to me that you might not have meant the % of the credit purchase that the org coffers increase by.
    If you were asking about how many of the org's total credits come from players, I'm pretty sure it's all of them. Most from purchases on the website, but unbound can be donated in-game at a bank.