So the problem is..

Well the problem is I am (again) trying to get back into the game and want to start anew but every time I make a new character I know I have a fully tri-transed character with arties and full riding and everything else.. Coupled that with Achaea's rules that you can not help a alt what so ever. (Never did understand that rule..in fact just writing it makes me double think my even coming back to the game..) Anyways. Which would be more feasible to you guys start completly anew and try to get back into the game or start over with the old character and try with him? 

Comments

• Unless I had both time and money to burn, I'd stick to one character.  Even little things, like never, ever being able to buy a monocle would piss me off.  
  • I would guess that it really depends on what you want. I mean, starting a new character can be pretty cool. You've got no ties, no history, it's a completely blank slate to make yourself into whatever you want to be. You certainly can't get the same freedoms to do new things as anything but a new character.

At the same time, there are a huge number of causes in the game that an older character could dedicate themselves to, so you can still pretty much do what you want' you'll just have a past to go with it. Which can still be cool

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Well, it depends. Was your character active back in the day? Was he well-known? If the answer is no, you can get many of the same benefits a new character would have, while still retaining all your previous investment. Even if he was well known, you just need creativity to go trough any hoops you may find. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I give it 2 days before we see a legendary post.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I have an easy solution that only requires a few steps:

1. Enjoy your character get them to be well known.
    2. Do something that really upsets the Garden
    3. Get Perma-shrubbed

Now you have the perfect reason to start over, and the thought of going back to your other character is completely voided.

While this method may seem very extreme, it works extremely well.
  • Hail Neroes!
  • Water is overrated.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited July 2013
    Oh is -this- who made the "Hail Neroes!" thing popular?

I've got my eye on you. :>
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    I would suggest starting over with one of your old characters. One: you spent a lot of time and money on them. Two: I know many many people who have come back to their old character and got back into it. Though...from what people are saying, you get mad at the game and players. Return if you feel you can remain patient and not take things so seriously. This is a game, and it being a game means you should have fun. If you don't have fun. Don't play it. I am neutral on this because I don't know you. We can all give you advice. But the person to make the decisions is ultimately you. I mean no disrespect in what I have said thus far. Just trying to answer your question in the best way I know how.

• edited July 2013
    Horuce said:
    Coupled that with Achaea's rules that you can not help a alt what so ever. (Never did understand that rule..in fact just writing it makes me double think my even coming back to the game..)
    @Horuce - I'm curious; can you not see the reason that this rule is in place?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Jonathin said:
    I give it 2 days before we see a legendary post.

Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.