Whom Have You Met Through Achaea?

edited July 2013 in The Wander Inn

@Antonius, @Cinya, @Kard, and @Searnla are all people I've met through Achaea and have loved getting to know OOC over the years. Who have you met through Achaea that has become a big part of your life? 

My favorite example of an Achaea-created long-distance friendship probably has to be my friendship with @Tania. I sent her a ridiculous book (Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson -- totally worth reading!) and she replied with a gift of her own.

We have never met, but we have been friends online for years and years now due to a shared love of the same video games.

One day, she sent me a package all the way from Canada (I live in America).

What could be inside?

White thing! (We'll get to this later.)

And ... a tissue?

Not cool, Tania.

Ohmygoodness it's candy. Lots and lots of Canadian candy!

And she included the receipt?

She wanted me to know exactly how valuable I was to her as a friend, probably.

But whocareslookatallthecandy!

The white thing from earlier was a lab coat!

So now I am a super serious scientist.

With super serious experiments to conduct.

But who wouldn't be excited to find the answers to these hard-hitting questions?

My dog, Roxie, wanted to be a scientist too.

Step 1: Eat some candy.

Step 2: Decide step one is taking too long.

Step 3: Eat all the candy at once!

On to experiment number two.

Subject seems indifferent. Researcher extremely pleased (and possibly has diabetes now).

Clearly Achaean friendships are the gift that just keeps on giving! Haha.

So who is important in your life thanks to the game?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    No one. I am forever trapped in 2D-world.

ADDENDUM: Also, confectionery gifts are best gifts. 

• Well... Corinth got me hooked, met my husband through it, I know Corinth's RL wife through Achaea... but that's really it :/
    meh

• I know none of you, and I plan to keep it that way.

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Be offended!

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I've met waaaay too many great people through Achaea, haha.

The only person I got to meet face-to-face so far has been @Ephram. We drove around, went to the beach, got lost, ate at a diner, and had a great time. :)

Hopefully one day I'll get to extend that list!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Santar said:
    I just..I don't know what to think about this topic.

I feel like I stumbled into someone's blog.
    I just noticed she in fact has a blog. You win Santar.
  • edited July 2013
    Achimrst said:

Santar said:

What does he win? Do I get a piece? Seriously, though, Santar's known about my blog forever and it's linked in my signature... so not really much sleuthing required on your part there for that one. How about staying on topic?

Edit: Actually now I really wish I could find my old blog post about @Santar. I sent him a package once too. He still hasn't sent anything back. :(

• I've met @Valden and @Guhem in person! Also @Illyose, but that happened before Achaea-- he's the one who got me to start playing.
  • Adalie said:
    Santar said:

What does he win? Do I get a piece? Seriously, though, Santar's known about my blog forever and it's linked in my signature... so not really much sleuthing required on your part there for that one. How about staying on topic? Edit: Actually now I really wish I could find my old blog post about @Santar. I sent him a package once too. He still hasn't sent anything back. :(
    When's your b-day?

• edited July 2013
    Never actually met any Achaeans in person, but @Tvistor and @Jurixe are probably the closest things I got to good friends from here :P

Also @Santar cuz he harassed me on skype till I mentioned him too

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Achimrst said:

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Forgive me, but what on earth does this mean? I've seen it everywhere, and Google isn't very helpful with telling me what it means when I copypasta it.

Anyway, I haven't met anyone from Achaea IRL, but would like to meet @Vicious and @Harmonia sometime since they live within reasonable driving distance of me and are both Mhaldorians. Harmonia, especially, has become a very close friend through the BC.
  • Nizaris said:
    Achimrst said:

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Forgive me, but what on earth does this mean? I've seen it everywhere, and Google isn't very helpful with telling me what it means when I copypasta it.

Anyway, I haven't met anyone from Achaea IRL, but would like to meet @Vicious and @Harmonia sometime since they live within reasonable driving distance of me and are both Mhaldorians. Harmonia, especially, has become a very close friend through the BC.
    It's a complicated emoticon of a little dude flipping a table.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited July 2013
    Haven't met much Achaeans (yet. I can't wait to meet my fellow Mhaldorians @xer + @jurixe + @vrah next week in Singapore!) but I have met a few, including @Aepas, @Arlanda, @Skye and someone else when I was young. Hades, I think.

I think I hung around@Aepas a lot more than the rest, mostly because I was the designated tour guide. Also, he is a better DDR dancer than I am. And he's WHITE. We were friends before he came down and now we talk a lot.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Mhm, I had a great time with @ruth and it should be fun to go back and school everyone in DDR. Can't wait to meet Xer, Jurixe, Vrah and see Skye and Arlanda again.

Besides that I've met Tanaros, Soujirou, Kairuni, Arelas, and Anouk.

Have yet to meet someone from achaea I did not like, and big thanks to the ones that show me around when I go to different countries.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I've met several heaps of Achaeans, first during the Orlando meet and then again during a Queensland meet.  There was even a time when I was in queensland for work and a couple of Achaeans, including @Trance ambushed me in my hotel.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Everyone I have met has ended up hating me for being a c-nut, also a terrorist. Also mass facial hair. Also having no balls.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Santar said:
    Adalie said:
    Santar said:

What does he win? Do I get a piece? Seriously, though, Santar's known about my blog forever and it's linked in my signature... so not really much sleuthing required on your part there for that one. How about staying on topic? Edit: Actually now I really wish I could find my old blog post about @Santar. I sent him a package once too. He still hasn't sent anything back. :(
    When's your b-day?
     It just passed on the 24th.

• Eld said:
    Nizaris said:
    Achimrst said:

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It's a complicated emoticon of a little dude flipping a table.
    Yeah, like this! *flips the table*

Yimage
    “There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• Adalie said:
    Santar said:
    Adalie said:
    Santar said:

When's your b-day?
    PM me your address and you -might- get a late birthday present!

• I met Musicia when I was still on Okinawa.  That girl crazy, but awesome ;)  
  • Triak said:
    Santar said:
    Adalie said:
    Santar said:
    Adalie said:
    Santar said:

When's your b-day?
    PM me your address and you -might- get a late birthday present!
  • I have only met @cenadrak, @xeirt, and @alexandrite

• edited July 2013
    Does @Jovolo and @Carmain having a contest to see who could spam me with more nudes count as knowing them?
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    The list of people I've met is getting pretty long at this point (after ironcon).  I couldn't even make a list in fear I'd forget someone.

• I went to school with Shadowled (he's been gone a looong time now) and college with Vlarto.

Also met ten-ish people at a London meet once, but I was using a different character as my forum skin back then. Meets are good, there should be more
    ----------
    I play  -Enrai-  -Luhar-
  • Mathonwy, Cinya, Boz, Lukis, Tamsyn, and She Who Must Not Be Named.

• Haha. I actually forgot to mention @Cooper. He's one of my favorite internet friends too! I've met a pretty large number of Achaeans myself, but I really meant for the topic to be about real friendships you've gained through the game, rather than just a list of people you were around at a meet once.

• The hell did I just spend <x> amount of minutes reading... I've yet to figure all of it out...
  • Hmm, @Adalie, I think it's more accurate to say we met through WoW after you started dating @Latus and he made you start playing, since he and I were friends. But I guess since you and he met through Achaea, and he and I met through Achaea, Achaea is the root of our friendship.

But if you ever want to send me some vanilla Coke, that would be cool. We don't have it anymore. :(