A Primary Example of Bad Alchemist Roleplay

AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
So, a troll came into Fire and Spice earlier. We thought we might have some fun with it:

That having been shared, even though this one was pretty obviously trolling, I'm getting a little tired of seeing the attachment of random animal parts as valid alchemical roleplay. It wasn't amusing when people were using "chaotic experiments" as an excuse. Changing the response to "failed transmutation experiment" isn't going to alter the reception. Go be catgirls/foxgirls/rabbitgirls/dolphin-men somewhere else, please!

My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!

Comments

• Amunet said:
    So, a troll came into Fire and Spice earlier. We thought we might have some fun with it:

That having been shared, even though this one was pretty obviously trolling, I'm getting a little tired of seeing the attachment of random animal parts as valid alchemical roleplay. It wasn't amusing when people were using "chaotic experiments" as an excuse. Changing the response to "failed transmutation experiment" isn't going to alter the reception. Go be catgirls/foxgirls/rabbitgirls/dolphin-men somewhere else, please!

as I read this, I was hearing British voices in my head, ala Monty Python.

Still Lol'd

• Troll, probably, but I will go on and assume you editted out the part where you told him that's in not acceptable RP and if he didn't change all he would ever get is scorn. Even if he meant to use it to open future alchemical RP with attempts to change him back the premise of the situation is just silly.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    edited April 2013
    Troll, definitely. It came back on another alt, with the same motto, after having suicided that one. Truth be told, I have never met a true newbie with a description that stupid. I've seen demon eyes, sure, or kitten ears, or devil tails, but a complex amalgam of dolphin heads and human arms is probably too ambitious for someone who isn't blatantly trying to be a dick. Couple that with the fact that I complained on an OOC clan the other day about certain alchemists using their alchemy as an excuse to sport cat tails and serpent tongues, and the entire charade was pretty obvious. I figured I may as well post it so people can have a laugh.

Edit: Forget the rest; not the time or the place.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • edited April 2013
    I don't hate you. Wtf?

The reason I'm pointing it out is, well eternal optimism. They could have heard all the kitty-tails stories and thought it okay to kick it up a notch. It's all well and good to point and laugh as some walks down the hall with toilet paper stuck to their shoe but in case they didn't know, it's polite to go up to them and quietly mention it so they can rectify it.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    That was really amusing to read 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Yea, I gave momentary pause in wondering if it was a true noob. But then - No true noob has a description like that, no true noob has such handle on their skills already. Basically, anyone who has Achaea figured out to the point that this kid seemed to have figured it out should know better than to wander around acting like... well, a giant fucking two-headed dolphin.

• The really puzzling thing was that he was magi.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • So...a Magi pretending to be an Alchemist that does an Occultist's Chaosrays.

We need to go deeper.

• Wow.. that's just sad..I wonder what he was thinking of trying to conjure up that idea.
  • I want to know, if this is a primary example, what do the secondary examples look like?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I was going to even say, Kill it with fire! Well done.

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    I had this moment of...is this even real? It is....dear gods. I loled so hard on that. Thanks for sharing that. Freakin hilarious.

• Would have preferred for you to quietly bear the pain of having witnessed this, instead of forcing me to read it too.

I rarely come to this section, then when I do, this is what I get.

-1 Amunet. -1

• Why all the Troll hate? What did trolls ever do to you?

We Want Racial Equality in Achaea!
  • was so pissed off when you guys killed me, was just trying to embrace RP more. Damnit.
  • TuroiTuroi Missouri :(
    That made my morning! Thank you for posting.

"Slowly disappear. Never really here."

• This makes me feel all warm and judgy inside, even though I don't even lift...