Collar of Lupus

MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Yeah, yeah, mount threads seem to be in-vogue these days.

Someone suggested this in one of the previous threads, but it didn't get mentioned again, so I thought I'd try it this way. Pardon for me not quite remembering whose post it was.

It would be very lovely if the Collar of Lupus was changed to allowed to be detacted/re-attached to fall more into line as Blademaster bands have recently been changed. This would allow several things - for one, the collar becomes all that more desirable for anyone intending to purchase a non-artefact mount. Secondly, it allows people to "upgrade" onto new/better mounts as their skill rises, without fear of losing the mount forever. It could even encourage the sell of more mounts to change between, providing further reason to sink gold into them.

If deemed necessary, I would not be against a small (perhaps fifty?) credit charge to detach a collar. I don't feel it's outright needed, but I won't whinge about it, either. Re-attaching would be free, of course.

This would allow a greater ability to customise and use mounts more often, I feel!

Also, considering the mount has to be collared to be customised via the in-game command, I would say it should be impossible to remove collars from mounts that have been customised at all.

Feedback welcome!

Edit: Errr, somehow I posted this in the wrong section. Feel free to move this to the Golden Dias, one of you fabulous moderators. :)

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I thought collars were effectively destroyed once they were attached to a mount? It wasn't that long ago that mounts/loyals with collars got the line stating that it had them on though, so perhaps it might eventually be an option.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    This thing still needs to get moved, whenever someone has a second.

@Ourania, @Cardan, @Scarlatti?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    I wouldn't think to bother you with something so minor! :P

I will make my burnt offerings to a shrine of Tecton in short order however. Thank you kindly, O Terroraformer!

• No offerings for me?  Time to dump this in the Rants section!
    edited July 2013
    Hmm. Would you also prefer burnt offerings, or shall I de-rust my woefully lacking skill in poetry?

Scarlatti the Bard,
    He who tempts maidens afar
    Into His warm embrace.

Take care, my lovelies,
    For within His charming eyes
    Lies your fall from grace.

Yeah, 5:30am poetry is shameful.
  • That was deep. 

As for the OP I remember -someone- posting it in one of the 42 mount threads out there. I completely agree with it with one minor exception.
    The cost to remove a collar should be in gold, not credits.
    I would participate in this market and would be willing to pay several hundred thousand gold for the ability to do so.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
    Gold works for me, too. No idea how much. I'd think it'd be good to keep it 100k or under, though.
  • Well, Tecton didn't immediately say no, so I'm thinking...

• Not gonna be using mounts for a long time, but I feel like the cost of having to buy a new mount(especially a legendary) is already gold-sinkey enough without charging for collar removal.

Unless there's some way to abuse constant transferral of collars between mounts, then I'd think that the gold cost would be justified.

• For me a big part of the appeal would be the possibility to buy or pass on rare/discontinued mounts.
    Polite bump since some things seem to be getting poked at!

I still think this'll turn mounts into a real market. :)