Exploration Questions

Two quick questions regarding exploration for @Tecton and company, though if anyone else knows, an answer is welcome:

1) What happens to rooms in Achaea that are ostensibly destroyed IC in regards to elligibility for explorer ranking? I'm thinking of the Ivory Temple, rooms in El Jazira, Shallam, etc. My concern is that I have heard rumors that they are merely kept removed from the accessible world but nevertheless preserved (because a lot of them had cool descriptions, items, or denizens that you wouldn't want to delete because some God/Celani worked on them for a long time). That preservation is totally reasonable, but it strikes me as slightly arbitrarily biasing the rankings in favor of older explorers who just happened to be around for those areas when they were available. 

2) Are monocles ever going to be offered again in the Shop of Wonders?

Comments

• I don't really see it as arbitrary that having explored an area that no longer exists would still count towards your explorer ranking.

• My understanding is that it is a metric to determine who has seen the most of the currently existing known world. There are already plenty of other advantages to having been around to explore when older, like getting into the Parthren Gare before it became dragons-only, accessing Nirvana/Inferno/Grove of Isolation before they became user-only, or having been around when estates were prism-able. Does the deck need to be stacked in this way, too?
  • Assuming the deck is stacked in that way, and that the rooms aren't recycled/removed from the rankings calculations, I still don't see it as an arbitrary bias. One of the things you pick up as an explorer is knowledge of the world, new and old. Not having intimate knowledge of an area you can no longer access would rank you below somebody who does.

• I don't think we're likely to offer details on how the exploration system works to be honest. 
  • One more question then @Sarapis @Tecton:

Tecton announced in #3914 that most doors could no longer be locked by citizens. Does this mean the ones that were locked before the announce happened are not going to be unlocked until the cities decide to do so? What is to stop them from leaving a bunch of previously locked doors locked, well, forever?
  • Have you checked to see if previously locked doors are still locked?

• Talonia said:
    One more question then @Sarapis @Tecton:

Tecton announced in #3914 that most doors could no longer be locked by citizens. Does this mean the ones that were locked before the announce happened are not going to be unlocked until the cities decide to do so? What is to stop them from leaving a bunch of previously locked doors locked, well, forever?
    New thread?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited July 2013
    I don't really see any of those other things as being deck stacking...

Bash to dragon.

Don't have 3 rooms.

Get a Serpent friend. (I've been a member of 3 Houses, I've been in 16 House Halls, and given a few people access to the Halls I've gotten) <- Edit: 0 of these were prismed into

Even if they don't discount removed rooms, I don't see it as an issue, as Silas stated prior.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Talonia said:
    One more question then @Sarapis @Tecton:

The respective city patrons should have cleaned these up, yes.