Is this ok for the artisans?

Hi!

The image below is a photo-manipulation. Are they allowed to be entered into the Artisans? The picture is of a Grook magi.

Comments

• I only ask because everything in here has been massively altered from the original, nothing you can see looks anything like the originals, so I have made everything that you see. Dozens of images have been employed to make this as well and none of the images used are in breach of copyright.
  • I think the problem with these is that to assure that they've been sufficiently altered (i.e., not plagiarized) the judge would have to be provided with all the source images, and then compare each against the final image--and that's before they even get to the merit of the entry. It's a lot of extra work, and that's why the rules (HELP ARTISANAL) are pretty clearly against this kind of thing. Interesting image though!
  • Not allowed to use photo manipulations as mentioned by @Azor. Basically, best way to think of it is this: Your character in Achaea wants to create an artwork for the artisanals, would they have access to photography, channels, gaussian blurs and such? Probably not. So if you can think of the pieces that way, you'll be able to come up with an appropriate method for your art style.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Ah, ok. Thanks! That makes things much clearer.
  • Well, @Wysteria, I don't think that's the issue so much. CGI images have won the Artisanals before, it's just that they were made from scratch.
  • Azor said:
    Well, @Wysteria, I don't think that's the issue so much. CGI images have won the Artisanals before, it's just that they were made from scratch.
    I guess if you think of the Cyrenian Bell Tower one. I just use the IC analogy as it makes it a lot more easier to explain -why- you can't do photo manipulations as an entry. That, and I always figured it's kinda the only pseudo IC method of expressing oneself via a visual artform we can get.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."