New emote system

2»

Comments

• Nim said:

A newbie whose name began with "Rat" died twice when a more senior adventurer tried to teach him ratting. People were wtfing at this adventurer for it happening, but it's hard to blame him when you tell the game you want to kill a rat, and it decides you want to kill an adventurer instead.

The novice soon after changed his name to something safer, but I personally think it's dumb that that would even be an issue.

Just because I clicked 'Like', please don't think I didn't utterly piss myself laughing.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Jiraishin said:
    Man for Mannimar?

What was that man thinking when he made that character. I guess no one will ever know...
  • Nim said:

A newbie whose name began with "Rat" died twice when a more senior adventurer tried to teach him ratting. People were wtfing at this adventurer for it happening, but it's hard to blame him when you tell the game you want to kill a rat, and it decides you want to kill an adventurer instead.

The novice soon after changed his name to something safer, but I personally think it's dumb that that would even be an issue.

Curious who this happened for, because the same thing happened for me while trying to teach Ratch ratting...but he never changed his name. And I bugged it, but was told this was an intentional feature. All fine and dandy, but give me an easier way to target rats than finding the numbers for all of them when they come into a room, plz.
  • You can try targetting rat. (with the period). That should turn off partial matches for players, so targetting somebody whose name is the start of another person's name won't make you hit the wrong person.
  • Targeting rat. won't work*, that's only for adventurer names.

*It will accomplish your goal of not hitting the player, but it also won't hit the rat.