Chess

2»

Comments

• edited July 2013

Jonners said:
    BUGS
    ~Help Chess~ This needs to be updated to include the new syntax for starting a game (namely colour choice), and the new match history syntax.

Have you checked this file recently?
    ~

I did just before I posted yes. Glad it's all shiny though. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Jonners said:
    ~Optional Clock~ I'd like to see a Chess Clock added as an optional choice when starting a match. When each player makes a move they would stop their clock, and start their opponents. This helps spot stallers in tournaments, and can be used to give each player a time limit (eg. 2 hours for 40 moves). Hand in hand with the clock is a timer. Setting the timer to a certain interval in seconds, like 60, would allow for speed chess.

Is this a way of measuring the time taken for each move or more of a countdown for each move that will have a forced concede if they don't move in time?
    ~

Both. @Keneanung covered this pretty nicely. The timer option, seperate from the countdown clock, would force a concede if you let it hit 0 as well.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Jonners said:
    The timer option, seperate from the countdown clock, would force a concede if you let it hit 0 as well.
    This timer will reset with each move made, right? I haven't played this form of chess yet (only Speed chess with a total of 2-4 Minutes, which is rather hectic)

• Also at the bottom could we have the total number of moves listed? And finally instead of showing '%" to denote a side conceding could we have it said more descriptively? 'Dark: Jonners concedes' would do I'd think.
    Don't forget an update to match history too please!
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited July 2013
    Keneanung said:
    Jonners said:
    The timer option, seperate from the countdown clock, would force a concede if you let it hit 0 as well.
    This timer will reset with each move made, right? I haven't played this form of chess yet (only Speed chess with a total of 2-4 Minutes, which is rather hectic)
    Yes it does. This is like speed chess but rather than a total time for the game being fixed, a time for each move is established so there's no hour long plus ponder over the board. Presumably there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use both options, one, or neither for any game.
    ~