Twilight, the Dark Father

2»

Comments

• He has no feet.
  • Along with no humanoid body at all!
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I love this!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Must be a real bitch trying to hurry that cloak through a closing door; I'm betting he's not a huge fan of Key sigils.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Or revolving doors.
  • Xith said:
    imageimage

Twilight, Heir of Slytherin
    That comforts me in the idea that Lord Twilight looks more "Evil" than Lord Sartan... Of course, I do not complain about how Lord Sartan looks, but the way Lord Twilight is portrayed is exactly how I imagined Lord Sartan before I seen the pictures.

• God so sexy....

Although I admit...I pictured him to have more substance. Perhaps at the least a torso and legs with a hidden face. Currently it seems his portrait is just a cloak with red eyes and those two adorable hounds.
  • I like it =).

The Hounds are awesome!

• Orzaansyn said:
    Xith said:
    [images here]

That comforts me in the idea that Lord Twilight looks more "Evil" than Lord Sartan... Of course, I do not complain about how Lord Sartan looks, but the way Lord Twilight is portrayed is exactly how I imagined Lord Sartan before I seen the pictures.

Stop linking things from TVTropes. Also you forgot this.

• Nim said:
    Orzaansyn said:
    Xith said:
    [images here]

Stop linking things from TVTropes. Also you forgot this.

I disagree.
  • Ourania said:
    A few answers to questions.

It is there to give a feel of the God, not just an aid to how hot he is.

Blasphemy!!!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I'm torn...I want this to be my background, but Ourania is my background...make a wall paper of them together? Please? :D
  • Originally I saw this and laughed because I thought it was so terrible. I then remembered the different aspects and interactions I've had with Him and decided that this really captures the essence of Twilight.

As far as the wings go on that statue, I always imagined them as more of an all enveloping cloak rather than physical wings like Vastar has. I would have liked if those hounds were more Egyptian Anubis looking hounds rather than Dobermans though.

• Pah, stupid Twilight, where's my Thoth!
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Vayne said:
    I'm torn...I want this to be my background, but Ourania is my background...make a wall paper of them together? Please? :D
    I temporarily removed my Apollyon desktop in favor of this picture. That's how much I like it.

Ourania and Twilight's portraits are definitely the best of the pics in my opinion. You Hashani are lucky.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
    edited July 2013
    Solution found, Ourania will remain on my desktop and Twilight will grace my laptop!

@Jiraishin their pictures barely scratch the surface of their divine awesomeness.
  • Jiraishin said:
    Vayne said:
    I temporarily removed my Apollyon desktop in favor of this picture. That's how much I like it.

Ourania and Twilight's portraits are definitely the best of the pics in my opinion. You Hashani are lucky.
    You have an Apollyon pic? o.o. Would have loved to see an Apollyon rendition by the artist. Such a shame he is gone.

Also dont forget Valnurana :P.
  • Pretty dull in my opinion. The dogs faces could be redone to look better as well. Haven't seen the twilight desc recently though so, meh
  • I think the portrait would have come off better with Nurazar in the background, or barring that, Darkenwood. The portrait comes off as plain, though it's exactly as I picture him, so no particular criticism from me on Twilight himself, even though its a bit underwhelming.
    Having the hounds with him makes it remind me of his signature room without the other landmarks.
  • Vayne said:
    Having the hounds with him makes it remind me of his signature room without the other landmarks.
    The fireplace was there in the first version of the picture, but it detracted from the overall coolness of it so we took it out.
  • edited July 2013
    Jacen said:
    I think the portrait would have come off better with Nurazar in the background, or barring that, Darkenwood. The portrait comes off as plain, though it's exactly as I picture him, so no particular criticism from me on Twilight himself, even though its a bit underwhelming.
    Agreed.

I can so picture Twilight standing with the awesomeness that is Darkenwood.

Darkenwood for new forest community Org for 2014!

Sarapis said:
    Vayne said:
    The fireplace was there in the first version of the picture, but it detracted from the overall coolness of it so we took it out.
    I see you nixed the smoking jacket, pipe, and glass of gin too. Hey, he's got to keep up appearances.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Not bad but... I don't know. I can't really picture him as rendered here without it looking terribly cliched and unintentionally funny in my mind. I blame all the shadow-cloaked red-eyed villains thorough the years.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Not bad but... I don't know. I can't really picture him as rendered here without it looking terribly cliched and unintentionally funny in my mind. I blame all the shadow-cloaked red-eyed villains thorough the years.

This animated human ruined it for me. FOREVER.

• Looks like spawn.
  • First rule of Twilight is you don't talk about @Twilight

I expected a lot more glitter.