Twilight, the Dark Father

With his trusty (and very large) Hounds, Daybreak and Nightfall!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    wow..  

I like the way you can see everything very easily, yet it still looks very very dark. There's probably an art term for that, but it's a cool effect.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• EiredhelEiredhel California
    I kinda want to be a Darkwalker now... THOTH FORGIVE MEEEE.

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• In the words of Leeloo from the 5th element "Amazing.  Multipass!"

This is what Twilight is supposed to be, take note Meyer.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Wings or bust!

Hot pic, though
  • Twilight doesn't typically have wings.
  • Not very Twilight-ish, in my opinion.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Lacking in abs but phenomenal artwork.

It's so vastly different to how a lot of the other Gods are portrayed. I didn't really picture Twilight like this even though I never had a firm mental image. I really like it.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited July 2013
    Based on the one description I saw of Him, and had laying around it looks rather spot on. I dig it.
  • edited July 2013
    I think He'd look kind of lame with wings, just never seemed the feathery type to me. Or at least, if He did, they wouldn't look like normal wings but more insubstantial. Maybe thats part of all those dark wisps behind Him.

Shadows swirl around your body, enveloping you in silken darkness. When the shadows dissipate, you find yourself in new surroundings.

A comfortable fireside.
    Daybreak, Hound of Darkness looms here, silent as a shadow. Nightfall, Hound of Darkness
    prowls the ground here. There are 2 black onyx chairs with a covering of silk here.
    Twilight, the Dark Father stands here, wreathed in swirling, black mist.

<3 Twilight. Even though He used the 'sparkle' emote at me once.
  • Would totally oppose as an agent of the Light.

[spoiler]
    That was a compliment.
    [/spoiler]

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Synbios said:
    11/10. Would rape furiously.
    :-bd
  • Mizik said:
    Black feathers?

Man, Google it. I think I know a little bit more about the Gods you created than you do. 
    Twilight's description hasn't changed in years. No wings there!

I suspect you may be referring to one of a couple of statues of Twilight around, in which the sculptor added wings.
  • So.. are those his diamond dogs or...? Twilight=The Sovereign
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Krypton said:
    Synbios said:
    11/10. Would rape furiously.
    :-bd

My eldritch physiology does not permit that. 

• The lack of any humanoid figure under his robes is a little off-putting, as well as the way his cloak seems to either expand infinitely outward or just meld into the ground. However, it's off-putting in a really cool way. He very much looks like some eldritch entity that only dresses in a vaguely humanoid shape, and even then doesn't care to actually limit himself to that shape.

Having read forum logs of dialogue involving him speaking almost mundanely about relatively mortal affairs, I think, adds to his general coolness.

He's my favorite so far :3

• Neat. The glowing red eyes of menace/unseen features thing is a villainous cliche, but I like it, and it really fits here. I like how stylised it is. I tend to imagine Achaea's gods as forces of nature personified as humanoid - but not too human - beings of power beyond measure, and this rings that bell. The way his cloak emerges from the surroundings gives a great impression of looming menace, while making it seem, quite illustratively, that he could perform the reverse, collapse within his cloak, and reappear elsewhere in an instant. I really like the the smoky wisps of darkness too.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Not how I envisioned Twilight at all, but Daybreak and Nightfall are awesome on their own. Trust me, never try to pet them...
  • imageimage

Twilight, Heir of Slytherin
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • And I still like this one.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    edited July 2013

Zeon said:
    ...there's probably an art term for that, but it's a cool effect.

Sfumato?

edit: still learning to forums

• Well, the dogs are good. 
  • The problem with calling him the Dark Father is that I just imagined by male parental unit this whole time. 

I'm still not entirely convinced he isn't under there, trying to reason with the dogs despite the fact they don't speak English, as is his custom.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Yes

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Those huge dogs make him look so deceptively small. Like a dwarf. It's perfect.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"