Housing stables add-on

MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
During a discussion on a clan about housing, it came to my attention you could spend credits (25 I believe) to make a single pet reset to a room in a house. I reviewed the stables add-on again to compare, and at 8 room credits (and double that for out of subs), it just seems awkward and useless to have it set so only the owner of the house can use it.

A few suggestions:

1) Like permissions to doors, you could grant permissions to use the stables. Not sure how difficult this would be to code, but from a player standpoint, it seems the cleanest solution.

2) Make it so only your ALLIES can use it. Awkward, but it keeps the list limited so you can't suddenly decide to run your own stables (not very well, anyway).

3) Allow anyone who can get to the stables to have access. This would mean if you want to restrict it, you'll need to put in a door. Not the best way to do it, but definitely better than the current situation.

Overall, it would just be pleasant to have a use for such an interesting add-on. I also wouldn't mind looking at getting the price reduced a small bit, but I have less reason to believe that would happen.

Thoughts?
And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby

Comments

• edited July 2013
    We've already had this thread before, pretty much as soon as that housing add-on was announced: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/263/stable-upgrade
  • Yes, yes we did. And I still think it's a good idea, with workarounds available to the issues raised by @Tecton there. For instance, allowing the ability to UNSTABLE <mount> from anywhere, returning it to your inventory directly, as well as having 'loyallist', which lists all denizens loyal to you (mounts/pets/etc), with the type of loyal (legendary steed/minipet/pet/whatever). Those two things would address the issues brought up, I believe.
    (The Midnight Crew): Cain says, "You on your period lynara?"

(The Midnight Crew): Micaelis says, "Lynara coded periods out of his DNA."
  • I'm curious, though - any data on how many paddock upgrades have been purchased since they were released?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I had stables in my house in Cyrene.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited July 2013
    I don't really see the point of personal stables.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    A place to have mounts reset that isn't your inventory.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    A place to have mounts reset that isn't your inventory.
    But you can pay 25cr (that's what the OP believes anyhow, and I don't have info contrary) to make individual mounts reset to an elsewhere other than your inventory. Why would you want to pay 16x that for the stables?
    (The Midnight Crew): Cain says, "You on your period lynara?"

(The Midnight Crew): Micaelis says, "Lynara coded periods out of his DNA."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Why would I spend over 5k credits on text rooms and upgrades period? It's pretty much for aesthetic quality. I had a library with newsboard access, a kitchen despite owning a portable stove, a variety of gardens and ponds to grow my own plants.

To my character's mind, why would I pay agistment fees when I could have my own stables which happen to fit very nicely off my house and could double as a forging room when I win the next personal forge out of the auctions?

When you're spending credits in the first place, I'd rather an option that makes sense for my character. Stables are awesome.

• Those poor mounts. I can't believe you'd make them live in a sweltering forge.  =((
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't own a forge so it's a moot point.