Commissions available

edited May 2013 in The Blank Canvas
Hello ! 

Being a fellow mudder myself (but new to Achaea) I thought I would post my site here for anyone who might be
interested in some character art :) I've only recently begun freelancing again, but use to do character concept art
for other muds in the past. My site is at:

www.manicsheepie.com

Mystical menageries! ^^

Feel free to send me a message here, or email with any questions, or go argwarg thats all terrible art! ;)

Rach

Comments

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Gorgeous work, but I'll never be able to afford it - at least, not in the detail I would like. Hopefully you'll be able to draw the attention of some of the combatants with expendable income. Good luck!
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Holy crow. I must gain an expendable income for this... Amazing work.
  • Thank you!!! 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Wow. I have to ask - would you accept the credits worth of the prices described, per chance? Unfortunately I'm one of those Achaeans who don't have expendable OOC income, but I would very seriously consider saving up a bit for something via credits.

The detail is amazing, and I've been wanting to get a new portrait of Mel since her race change, and good lord, your stuff is drool-worthy.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • ! :D I'm so glad so many people like it, wow! Lol, wasn't expecting this response ^^ I do not have much use for credits as of yet (as i'm still a super nooble. Why, hello old crone and your glorious tree! ^^)!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Mamoa, that's some pretty cool stuff. I was wondering if we would ever get an artist in here offering something like this. With it being commissions offered for Achaea based characters and atmosphere, I was wondering if you have the intention of sticking around and playing Achaea.

With your site being set up only a few days ago, and what seems like only very recent offerings in different forums, I can't say that I'll personally commission anything, but I did enjoy browsing your gallery and enjoyed the artwork. my favourite being the Bacloth Warrior. I wasn't able to find anything about the Bacloth from the SoI, so not sure what alignment it falls under but it looks pretty battle-hardy and versatile. 

• Hello! 

Yes, i've only recently began to do commission art again on a freelance basis and built my site. It took me forever to come up with 
    'manicsheepies mystical menagerie of art' too! Caught between hamsterfurballs, tokkelosie and a variety of oddities.

I now have an enormous amount of free time - and well... this type of art has always been my favorite! 

Achaea is rich with fantasy, and it is a world with races like few other muds have! It is also hugely magical, so the type of portraits should be
    entirely different to anything done before. 

-Kresslack

Yes! They were a hardy race, although spelled Balchoth officially! (Liked their bronze / or leather scale armours ) and hated Gondor! On the
    shaman picture you should see bits of the gondorian flag laying in littered remnants around the fire ^^. My username on Soi was Mikiara. (The
    mud has partially expired and was rather low fantasy though) -.-

• P.s

Thank you again for the wonderful responses. I feel like a complete noob when it comes to feedback from people, so actually discovering people
    like my art is amazingnesses!! 
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Your art is beautiful, though I regret to say that much like the others, I don't unfortunately have the disposable income necessary (also 100 of your currency is 300 of mine) to commission any. If I did I would though!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Question : I just quit achaea (Sadly) and it would be nice to have some sort of memorabilia from it. If I requested one of the $100 commissions, are these things painted onto a canvas and mailed out? Or do I just get a digital image?
  • Hi there. Canvas printing is a whole other thing (you have to use RGB ink printing, not CMYK, otherwise the colours come out washed or bleached since they use a different colour profile for the CMYK stuff).

Everything you get is digital files. Which is the final end result, and several sketches that led to its composition - that mostly entail different views of the scene that you chose at different angles. All art is done in 300DPI (print quality if you did want to get it canvas later on - and I can help you find someone who does that), and is a very, very large final image ^^
  • Love your work, @Mamoa. I wonder if you would work for credits?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Can we see an example of your character done Mamoa? I'd really like to see something Achaea specific.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Once you get the credits bug (and trust me, if you stay around you will), check out the monthly Bardic contests.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Not monthly anymore, sadly.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    Not monthly anymore, sadly.
    To be clear, I'm agreeing on your clarifying that it's no longer monthly. That it's no longer monthly is a good thing.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.