A little golden snake

2»

Comments

• EldEld
    edited July 2013
    Daeir said:
    Knights can envenom arrows for 1 application of venom per 10 arrows, iirc.

Don't really see a need for this - enough Serpent class skills are artefacts as is. All we need now is a prismatic toering of evasion.
    Anklets of Evasion
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Bracers of Sniping, Earrings of Eavesdropping, Hula Hoop of Weaving...all coming soon!
  • Tvistor said:
    Sena said:
    Eld said:
    Serpents can't envenom arrows with vials, though, can they? Don't they have to have the appropriate ability in venom?
    I'm not sure. "envenom arrows <colour> <venom>" seems to require the ability to secrete that venom, but there may be some other way I'm forgetting.
    You need to be able to secrete the venom you want to put on the arrows.
    Phials sold separately? I love this idea. But mostly for the little gold serpent.  :P
  • edited July 2013
    I agree that taking another class skill and making it an arte, giving everyone else the ability, is a bad idea. The only people who would need this are classes without bowmanship that buy arte bows, since a serpent and a knight are going to envenom their's on their own. I've made gold several times envenoming arrows for people. In my opinion, it takes away from RP, economy, and class-specific features. We already have enough class-skills being made into artes.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I want a pocket serpent for milking and traveling around. Much more fun than vibrating sticks.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Actually, we need some rattling dentures: Allows you to speak and understand Rattle.

Offer a package with an earring of hearing and a Cane of the Quickening, for anyone who wants to actually roleplay that they're over the age of eighty.

• Kyrra said:
    I want a pocket serpent for milking and traveling around. Much more fun than vibrating sticks.
    To be fair, you also think totems are more fun than vibrating sticks. Size queen :D

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited July 2013
    Trey said:

Kyrra said:

To be fair, you also think totems are more fun than vibrating sticks. Size queen :D

Psh.

Quoting on my phone makes me unhappy.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited July 2013
    An artefact that lets you travel between totems that belong to you? Totem travel?

Or you could call it "Totem Jump"

Kyrra grabs onto a totem with both hands and starts to spin around it wildly, legs flailing out into the air. Gathering speed rapidly, she finally lets go, hurling herself off into the distance.

At the target location:

Kyrra comes flying in from the distance, her trajectory leveling with a nearby totem. Arms extended, she grabs ahold of the totem at high speeds, spinning several times around it to slow herself, before finally dismounting and sticking the landing.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Wut

• I think that knights should perhaps get the coloring skill, but I think is should just be given to them as a long boring process that takes inks to do.

This way, you still have serpent superiority while giving another class the ability to make their bows a bit more worthwhile. Plus, we all know them knights are great at scripting, just look at those rapiers. It would be no problem at all for them.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Wait, what? We can already colour our arrows. Why would you take that away? Bows belong to four classes, not just serpents. It would make no sense to give us a skillset with heaps of bow skills in it, and take away colours.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• ab chivalry quivers

Syntax: ENVENOM ARROW[S] [number of arrows] <colour> <venom>
            INSPECT QUIVER
            DYE <number of arrows> ARROW[S] <colour>
            SWITCH <colour>

• Had to look back at what I said, but just ignore the first part.

Knight coloring should be vastly inferior. but that's just been my thoughts since they let knights begin coloring and envenoming.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    how about just adding a "Quiver of the Tsol'aa" which just envenoms arrows with loki in it.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited July 2013
    Would buy for less than 1000cr.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    1000cr is fine. I think bows are too cheap personally. Lupine should be at least 2k without shoot.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • The briefness of the OP and fact that someone with 2148 forum posts knows serpent arties aren't going to get made... leads me to believe this is a troll thread.

But obviously no. And who would be stupid enough to get this for 1000cr anyway? You only have to find a serpent once in a while and I thought there were quiver capacity improvements coming anyway.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    I would buy it for 300 dollars. The average beggar apparently earns more than that week.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited July 2013
    Mishgul said:
    I would buy it for 300 dollars. The average beggar apparently earns more than that week.
    Blind ones earn twice as much. Ones with babies earn three times as much. And the really lucky ones escape the slums altogether and win big on gameshows.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Xith said:
    I thought there were quiver capacity improvements coming anyway.
    If those are on the same kind of timescale as Knights getting the ability to envenom arrows, we're looking at another four or five RL years.
  • This is a good idea, even if it is just to enable the inevitable little snake jokes.

i'm a rebel