Valnurana, Goddess of Sleep and Dreams

edited July 2013 in North of Thera
Valnurana in the Dreamrealm!

Comments

• Amazing :D. It really gives me a kick back to the Night days.

Although...where are the amethyst eyes? :(

Part of Valnurana lore were that Sartan stole her eyes and they were replaced later by amethysts.
  • Yeah, absolutely nothing I can say against this picture. Pretty much spot on in every way. Has the ethereal quality of a goddess, and the detail in the background is breathtaking.

Huge knockers again too.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    There's ... uh ... a lot going on here. So much crammed into one picture!

It's the Dreamrealm so the warped perspective/50 foot high herd of nightmares I can understand. The background is a little distracting from the focus on Valnurana though.

Great symbolism.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • My favorite part of this is the flowers just above her.  Those look fantastic.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I like the sky whale. The black swan and the butterfly though. Fantastic touches and symbols of her realm.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited July 2013
    Eld said:

I do like the sky whale.

And the flower she's wearing does look remarkably like a petunia...
  • edited July 2013
    Really beautifully done, every detail is astounding and there is so much to look at. I cannot imagine how long something like this would take. This is one of my favorite pieces, by far. Thanks for commissioning this!

(also, it is a violet orchid! She gave one to Tesha. I nondecayed it. So worth it.)

i'm a rebel

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    So beautiful. Everything from Valnurana to the background just blends together so seamlessly.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• How many of the Gods have wings, anyway?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Vastar, Valnurana and Scarlatti from memory.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Yeah, that's all I could think of, but I'd forgotten Valnurana was on that list before this came up, so figured I might be missing others.
  • lovely piece, however, I do remember Lord Sartan tearing out her eyes at some point.
  • Divine are remarkably adept at changing their appearance more or less at will.
  • You know I just remembered something, shocking cause I remember nothing. Isn't Valnurana a healing goddess? That could explain the eyes!
  • Sarapis said:
    Divine are remarkably adept at changing their appearance more or less at will.
    Much like adventurers!
  • It's dreamy!

how has no one said this yet, I am disappointed in you all! :<

• edited July 2013
    Achimrst said:
    You know I just remembered something, shocking cause I remember nothing. Isn't Valnurana a healing goddess? That could explain the eyes!
    No, the Gods in Achaea generally dont have determined roles other than their realm and alignment.

Although if you really did want to specify, the Gods who had skills in healing were Tarah and Oneiros (look where that got them >>)
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    One of my favorite god pictures.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Achimrst said:

You know I just remembered something, shocking cause I remember nothing. Isn't Valnurana a healing goddess? That could explain the eyes!

Actually, Mithraea was more of the matron of healers! Sun, growth, etc.

Looooove this picture though. One of my favorites by far. :)

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Actually, Mithraea was more of the matron of healers! Sun, growth, etc. Looooove this picture though. One of my favorites by far. :)
    Hmmm, I am sure I read something about her being associated with healing because of how sleeping heals you. I don't remember from where I read it though...that would take some looking up.
  • Nice. I actually like this one. 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
  • Uh... uh....

Hmm...

Boobs are a little bit to spherical they verge on the edge of fakies. Nose a little to straight.

I think bandaged eyes would have added a nice dramatic  touch to the picture. Make it a bit more intriguing as well as a tip of the hat to history.
  • I was pretty damned scared about clicking after Lorielan. But I'm glad I did. This is wintastic :D  She looks far more appealing than the former due to her demure expression, tasteful posing and understated attire.

I would.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Is there a high res version posted anywhere? How much is something like this, like $3k or something? It must take weeks, too. 

i'm a rebel

• Excellent work!
    Light prevails, always