Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Valnurana, Goddess of Sleep and Dreams

SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff
edited July 2013 in North of Thera
Valnurana in the Dreamrealm!

SilasAsmodronTrillianaVerilyMishgulTeshaKaraiSaibelAzuhiRuthAdetKorbenZeonKyrraDavioEchaldMannimarMelodieExelethrilAnaidianaWessuxCesarinaAchillesTuroiLachlanBereneneSylvanceOrzaansynAaricChryenthTukioWysteriaDartegaJhaeliKyriellaBluef

Comments

• AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 3,074 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Amazing :D. It really gives me a kick back to the Night days.

Although...where are the amethyst eyes? :(

Part of Valnurana lore were that Sartan stole her eyes and they were replaced later by amethysts.
    Bluef
  • SilasSilas Member Posts: 2,549 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah, absolutely nothing I can say against this picture. Pretty much spot on in every way. Has the ethereal quality of a goddess, and the detail in the background is breathtaking.

Huge knockers again too.

MazothTvistorArador
  • HalosHalos San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,473 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There's ... uh ... a lot going on here. So much crammed into one picture!

It's the Dreamrealm so the warped perspective/50 foot high herd of nightmares I can understand. The background is a little distracting from the focus on Valnurana though.

Great symbolism.

• NaisarNaisar Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    My favorite part of this is the flowers just above her.  Those look fantastic.
    Wysteria
  • RuthRuth SingaporeMember Posts: 2,700 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I like the sky whale. The black swan and the butterfly though. Fantastic touches and symbols of her realm.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

AsmodronWysteria
  • AdetAdet Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited July 2013
    Eld said:

I do like the sky whale.

And the flower she's wearing does look remarkably like a petunia...
  • TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,938 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2013
    Really beautifully done, every detail is astounding and there is so much to look at. I cannot imagine how long something like this would take. This is one of my favorite pieces, by far. Thanks for commissioning this!

(also, it is a violet orchid! She gave one to Tesha. I nondecayed it. So worth it.)

i'm a rebel

ZeonMazothEiredhel
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,864 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    So beautiful. Everything from Valnurana to the background just blends together so seamlessly.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

TeshaAsmodron
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    How many of the Gods have wings, anyway?
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,864 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Vastar, Valnurana and Scarlatti from memory.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Yeah, that's all I could think of, but I'd forgotten Valnurana was on that list before this came up, so figured I might be missing others.
  • MordricMordric Member Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    lovely piece, however, I do remember Lord Sartan tearing out her eyes at some point.
    AsmodronAchimrst
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff
    Divine are remarkably adept at changing their appearance more or less at will.
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You know I just remembered something, shocking cause I remember nothing. Isn't Valnurana a healing goddess? That could explain the eyes!
    Sarapis said:
    Divine are remarkably adept at changing their appearance more or less at will.
    Much like adventurers!
    AchimrstSarapisYae
  • NimNim Member Posts: 2,015 @@ - Legendary Achaean

It's dreamy!

how has no one said this yet, I am disappointed in you all! :<

Anaidiana
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 3,074 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2013
    Achimrst said:
    You know I just remembered something, shocking cause I remember nothing. Isn't Valnurana a healing goddess? That could explain the eyes!
    No, the Gods in Achaea generally dont have determined roles other than their realm and alignment.

Although if you really did want to specify, the Gods who had skills in healing were Tarah and Oneiros (look where that got them >>)
  • WessuxWessux ChattanoogaMember Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    One of my favorite god pictures.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
    KyrraAnaidianaAaric
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,094 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achimrst said:

Actually, Mithraea was more of the matron of healers! Sun, growth, etc.

Looooove this picture though. One of my favorites by far. :)

• AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Melodie said:
    Actually, Mithraea was more of the matron of healers! Sun, growth, etc. Looooove this picture though. One of my favorites by far. :)
    Hmmm, I am sure I read something about her being associated with healing because of how sleeping heals you. I don't remember from where I read it though...that would take some looking up.
  • RheveRheve Member Posts: 33 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Nice. I actually like this one. 
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,539 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    MelodieAchimrstKyrraMazoth
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,403 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Uh... uh....

Hmm...

Boobs are a little bit to spherical they verge on the edge of fakies. Nose a little to straight.

I think bandaged eyes would have added a nice dramatic  touch to the picture. Make it a bit more intriguing as well as a tip of the hat to history.
    Orklanishkal
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I was pretty damned scared about clicking after Lorielan. But I'm glad I did. This is wintastic :D  She looks far more appealing than the former due to her demure expression, tasteful posing and understated attire.

I would.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Mazoth
  • TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,938 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Is there a high res version posted anywhere? How much is something like this, like $3k or something? It must take weeks, too. 

i'm a rebel

• ShibumiShibumi Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Excellent work!
    Light prevails, always
Sign In to Comment.