class help

Can anyone suggest a class that scales well when artied out, is good at 1v1 and is good at killing ppl that run away?

Comments

• Also not interested in monk
  • edited June 2013
    Occultist

Also blademaster but why do that
  • edited June 2013
    oops, you do not want monk! Um. You can try occultist, that is pretty good at 1v1, tentacles are great for chasing, star/warp is good damage. And if you start losing you can pit.

i'm a rebel

• Are occies one of the classes that scale well with arties? Is there a lot of room for innovation with them (finding creative ways to kill ppl)
  • edited June 2013
    Zedsdead said:
    Hello. Where is Monk?
    Occultist
    Magi
    Alchemist, surprisingly, fits your criteria
  • I kind of want to try Alchemist now. That homunculus is like super mega fly stopping tents.

Order humunculus go e;throw concussionbomb e

mind blown
  • Zedsdead said:
    Are occies one of the classes that scale well with arties? Is there a lot of room for innovation with them (finding creative ways to kill ppl)
    Yeah. Almost all their damage is magical and/or int. The former you can increase by 20% and the latter you can get +3 intelligent artifacts. A lot of their damage is also passive, and you can use your own balance to hinder and damage. Tentacles have a 1/3 chance (roughly?) to prevent movement out of the room. If a person is standing outside, even in their own city, you can basically kill them no matter what due to star tarot + area warp (Both scaling with artifacts) by going to a room without guards.
  • Is occie bashing horrible even with arties?
  • It's not horrible (especially not with arties)
  • Nothing is horrible with enough arties.
  • Isn't warp actually pretty powerful? Maybe not compared to Monk stuff but I think the damage is pretty decent. Occultist recieves great benefit from the Collar as it effects quite a few of their abilities.
  • Does BM not fit my criteria? Aren't they good at 1v1 and hamstring for runners?
  • Mizik said:
    I kind of want to try Alchemist now. That homunculus is like super mega fly stopping tents.

Order humunculus go e;throw concussionbomb e

mind blown
    If you're talking about torso (movement blocking), it's supposed to only work when alchemist is in the room with it. Dunno how it works in actuality.
  • Zedsdead said:
    Does BM not fit my criteria? Aren't they good at 1v1 and hamstring for runners?
    Blademaster is strong 1v1, and yes, hamstring is good for preventing people running. As for arties, I guess it depends on what you mean by "scales well". Bands are great, but there aren't many other artefacts that make any bigger difference for blademasters than they do for any other class. So the difference between no artefacts and lots of artefacts is smaller for blademaster than for a lot of classes.
  • Eld said:
    Zedsdead said:
    Does BM not fit my criteria? Aren't they good at 1v1 and hamstring for runners?
    Blademaster is strong 1v1, and yes, hamstring is good for preventing people running. As for arties, I guess it depends on what you mean by "scales well". Bands are great, but there aren't many other artefacts that make any bigger difference for blademasters than they do for any other class. So the difference between no artefacts and lots of artefacts is smaller for blademaster than for a lot of classes.
    That said, the difference between, say, an unbanded and a lv3 banded BM is pretty sick, though he's still gotta know what he's doing.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Zedsdead said:
    Can anyone suggest a class that scales well when artied out, is good at 1v1 and is good at killing ppl that run away?
    Shaman.  :)
  • Zedsdead said:
    Is occie bashing horrible even with arties?
    Occie bashing is one of the fastest in the game, especially when artied.

• We really need someone to sit down and crunch the bashing numbers on each class.  Speed / tankiness / artie scaling.  Actually now I think of it this forum could really use a FAQ.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    yeah sena, the forums could really use an FAQ

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Naisar said:
    We really need someone to sit down and crunch the bashing numbers on each class.  Speed / tankiness / artie scaling.  Actually now I think of it this forum could really use a FAQ.
    If you just want DPS with base stats (12 str/int depending on class) and average weapon stats, that shouldn't be too hard. Artie scaling a little trickier, but probably not too bad if, again, you just want to know how much faster you can bash with whatever arties will benifit you. Don't know how you would quantify tankiness, though, as there are so many potential contributions to it.
  • Santar said:

Zedsdead said:

Is occie bashing horrible even with arties?

Occie bashing is one of the fastest in the game, especially when artied.

Lolno

Assuming unartied, otherwise Serpent/Jester bump up over Occie. Priest is balls no matter what, and Decay is a joke, comparatively.

Only taking tanking into consideration with comparable abilities (Staffcast, Warp, Iron), but reflections > improved crits.

Monk
    Bard
    Blademaster
    Runewarden
    Infernal
    Paladin
    Shaman
    Sentinel
    Druid
    Sylvan
    Magi
    Alchemist
    Occultist
    Priest
    Serpent
    Jester
    Apostate

Occultist one of the worst. Then factor in tanking etc
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sylvan bashing is sooo slow. I don't really want to fork out credits for aldar wassits just to speed up equilibrium a bit.

I'd honestly put garotte above thornrend, but I'd be garotting with a level 3 lash and that's like dsling with SPs. Thornrend just sucks :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Thornrend is very fast eq.
  • JamethielJamethiel Adelaide
    Occultist / Dragon - hunt as dragon. Kill in both depending on your mood :)
  • But bash to dragon in like... Monk. You could always just go Occie and raid to dragon. That's what I did and it was good fun.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited July 2013
    Psssh. That's cheating, Dunn. Lrn2priest. Uphill both ways. In the snow.

And excommunicated from 92-100.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited July 2013
    Nvm.

• I was truedisfavoured for a week when I got dragon. (Thanks, Tanris)

• edited July 2013

Kyrra said:
    Sylvan bashing is sooo slow. I don't really want to fork out credits for aldar wassits just to speed up equilibrium a bit.

I'd honestly put garotte above thornrend, but I'd be garotting with a level 3 lash and that's like dsling with SPs. Thornrend just sucks :(
    Um... Thornrend is like 2.8 without a Diadem... :|

Silly willpower, on the other hand.

• Just join mhaldor and city raid when targossas is asleep to get dragon.