A little golden snake

Basically you 50 applications of venom in it, and select a colour, then shove your quiver in it to envenom your arrows.

-1000cr

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae

Comments

• Mishgul said:
    Basically you 50 applications of venom in it, and select a colour, then shove your quiver in it to envenom your arrows.

-1000cr

How does this differ from what Subterfuge: Colours does?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited July 2013
    Aepas said:
    It doesn't. It's so the rest of us can envenom our quivers properly by whoring out more serpent skills as arties.
    Thanks. That's what I thought. As a free-standing idea, then, there is not anything wrong with this. But please, please, please no more class-skill artefacts. It won't be long before there is literally no point in rolling a Serp.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Isn't that what knights are for?

Envenoming arrows is fun!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• We are actually slowly turning all serpents into half-snake/half-machine artie-cyborgs to bring about the total supremacy of VastarNet.
  • Tvistor said:
    We are actually slowly turning all serpents into half-snake/half-machine artie-cyborgs to bring about the total supremacy of VastarNet.

Well if people don't tell me these things, how am I supposed to know? +1 OP in light of new intel.
  • edited July 2013
    Sylvance said:
    Aepas said:
    It doesn't. It's so the rest of us can envenom our quivers properly by whoring out more serpent skills as arties.
    Thanks. That's what I thought. As a free-standing idea, then, there is not anything wrong with this. But please, please, please no more class-skill artefacts. It won't be long before there is literally no point in rolling a Serp.

While I mostly agree with you, the difference is that Knights also get access to archery as part of their skillset. However, they're only given access to 75% of Archery thanks to their reliance on Serpents for actually getting them off the ground with it. It might be easier to just let Knights also be able to use Colours/envenom their quivers properly than sellout the entire ability to anyone that wants to buy it, but it doesn't really seem like to big of a deal. It's less taking something away from Serpents and giving it to everybody, and more allowing Knights to use the whole of an ability that they already have.
  • edited July 2013
    Jovolo said:

While I mostly agree with you, the difference is that Knights also get access to archery as part of their skillset. However, they're only given access to 75% of Archery thanks to their reliance on Serpents for actually getting them off the ground with it. It might be easier to just let Knights also be able to use Colours/envenom their quivers properly than sellout the entire ability to anyone that wants to buy it, but it doesn't really seem like to big of a deal. It's less taking something away from Serpents and giving it to everybody, and more allowing Knights to use the whole of an ability that they already have.
    Personally I think that Serps should be better at Archery than Knights, but, sure give Colours to Knights.

ETA: Knights can't wield Darkbows, right?
  • edited July 2013
    They can. 

Serpents ARE better at archery. They firstly can obscure their name associated with the arrow hitting you, and they also have far greater accuracy than Knights. They could stand to do a little more damage, but they are technically better than Knights.
  • edited July 2013
    Jovolo said:
    They can

<Then he added some more stuff>
    Okay, then I'm voting your idea in preference to OP.
  • Also, Lupines' is a 1000 credit artifact for them. Worth every single penny, or so I've been told.

• Arditi said:
    Also, Lupines' is a 1000 credit artifact for them. Worth every single penny, or so I've been told.
    I thought that was for anyone who could already fire a bow (i.e. Knights too)?
  • Sylvance said:
    Arditi said:
    Also, Lupines' is a 1000 credit artifact for them. Worth every single penny, or so I've been told.
    1000 if you have the 'snipe' command, so Serpents only.

• Arditi said:
    Sylvance said:
    Arditi said:
    Bows:  These shoot more quickly, do more damage, and hit more easily than a
           darkbow. The damage and to-hit percentages aren't possible to give
           because they are only one of many factors - suffice it to say that
           the more expensive bows are more accurate and do more damage.
      Note: The base price of bows is based on having the DARKBOWS ability.
            Should you not have this class ability, you can purchase the
            "shooting" option via the ARTEFACT command, which grants the
            owner the ability to use the SHOOT command:
               SHOOT <adventurer> <direction> -or-
               SHOOT <adventurer> WITH METEOR.
       Ranger's Bow:  250 credits ( 7% faster) - Shooting: +100 credits
       Velocity Bow:  550 credits (14% faster) - Shooting: +250 credits
       Lupine Bow:   1000 credits (22% faster) - Shooting: +500 credits
  • Eld said:
    Arditi said:
    Sylvance said:
    Arditi said:
    Bows:  These shoot more quickly, do more damage, and hit more easily than a
           darkbow. The damage and to-hit percentages aren't possible to give
           because they are only one of many factors - suffice it to say that
           the more expensive bows are more accurate and do more damage.
      Note: The base price of bows is based on having the DARKBOWS ability.
            Should you not have this class ability, you can purchase the
            "shooting" option via the ARTEFACT command, which grants the
            owner the ability to use the SHOOT command:
               SHOOT <adventurer> <direction> -or-
               SHOOT <adventurer> WITH METEOR.
       Ranger's Bow:  250 credits ( 7% faster) - Shooting: +100 credits
       Velocity Bow:  550 credits (14% faster) - Shooting: +250 credits
       Lupine Bow:   1000 credits (22% faster) - Shooting: +500 credits
    Just to say in a semi-derail, I really do not get the part in green, and never have.
  • edited July 2013
    It probably means that they'd have to give a complicated formula with lots of other factors in order for it to be at all meaningful, rather than just a single number like weapon stats or a simple percentage bonus.
  • Sena said:
    It probably means that they'd have to give a complicated formula with lots of other factors in order for it to be at all meaningful, rather than just a single number like weapon stats or a simple percentage bonus.
    Okay, thanks. Well confused as to why it would be more complex, but even if someone did explain it I prolly wouldn't understand.
  • Jovolo said:
    It might be easier to just let Knights also be able to use Colours/envenom their quivers properly than sellout the entire ability to anyone that wants to buy it, but it doesn't really seem like to big of a deal. It's less taking something away from Serpents and giving it to everybody, and more allowing Knights to use the whole of an ability that they already have.
    I'm a bit confused, I thought we already had Quivers to allow us to envenom arrows?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Antonius said:

Jovolo said:

It might be easier to just let Knights also be able to use Colours/envenom their quivers properly than sellout the entire ability to anyone that wants to buy it, but it doesn't really seem like to big of a deal. It's less taking something away from Serpents and giving it to everybody, and more allowing Knights to use the whole of an ability that they already have.

I'm a bit confused, I thought we already had Quivers to allow us to envenom arrows?

We do.

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I thought knights couldn't envenom their own arrows though?
  • Knights can envenom and dye arrows with the "Quivers" ability in chivalry. The only archery-related things serpents have that knights don't are snipe and the ability to envenom arrows without a vial.
  • EldEld
    edited July 2013
    Serpents can't envenom arrows with vials, though, can they? Don't they have to have the appropriate ability in venom?
  • Eld said:
    Serpents can't envenom arrows with vials, though, can they? Don't they have to have the appropriate ability in venom?
    They pretty much envenom the same way knights do, except they have the extra option of secreting venom unto their arrows(I think).

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Eld said:
    I'm not sure. "envenom arrows <colour> <venom>" seems to require the ability to secrete that venom, but there may be some other way I'm forgetting.
  • I originally read this as an artefact that gives you one special artefact color (gold - I dunno if it's already usable, but I assumed not) that can only be accessed via the artefact, but the artefact can be used by anyone, making it "in addition" to serpents rather than outright replacement. (So even serpents could use it, if they happen to use more venoms than they have colors for!)
  • Knights were given the ability to envenom arrows a while back iirc.
    Pretty sure this suggestion is just giving non-archery classes the ability to envenom at the cost of 1000 cr. I like.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Gold is an available arrow color, actually.
  • Sena said:
    Eld said:
    I'm not sure. "envenom arrows <colour> <venom>" seems to require the ability to secrete that venom, but there may be some other way I'm forgetting.
    You need to be able to secrete the venom you want to put on the arrows.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Please no, there are too many bows as it is. :(
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Don't forget the pauldrons of shrugging and the phase-cloak.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."