Lotteries

Does IRE have these lotteries once in awhile or is this a new thing that could go on forever?  I was going to buy a ton of credits but if these lotteries are a new thing wouldn't I be better off just buying a few every week?  With 260,000 credits going into the market every year I'd just need a couple weeks where people didn't buy many and I'd be bound to win some of the lotteries.  Plus I'd feel like a chump if I spent thousands on credits when some guy could buy 20 credits and get lucky and win 10k+.

Comments

• The lottery is a new thing they're trying out, though there's no guarantee that it will continue forever. If you're planning on buying credits, buy them anyway - maybe spread them out across several weeks if you think it will increase your chances of winning.

10k credits may sound like a large number but it really doesn't go that far when you start buying the higher level artefacts. I currently own about 31,000 credits worth of artefacts, and my (far from complete) wish list would still be another ~16,000 to finish buying.
  • Antonius said:
    I currently own about 31,000 credits worth of artefacts, and my (far from complete) wish list would still be another ~16,000 to finish buying.
    Damn, and I thought I was one of the fatter cats.

But agreed, I wouldn't count on winning the lottery on its own. If you buy enough tickets to have a good shot at winning, you probably have a fair number of credits already.
  • Kleose said:
    Does IRE have these lotteries once in awhile or is this a new thing that could go on forever?  I was going to buy a ton of credits but if these lotteries are a new thing wouldn't I be better off just buying a few every week?  With 260,000 credits going into the market every year I'd just need a couple weeks where people didn't buy many and I'd be bound to win some of the lotteries.  Plus I'd feel like a chump if I spent thousands on credits when some guy could buy 20 credits and get lucky and win 10k+.
    Depends. You get less for your money, substantially, by buying a few credits at a time. Beyond that though, you don't really have any way to effectively calculate the difference in the risk/reward ratio for the lottery every week as you don't have any way of knowing how many tickets are being purchased.  

• Do tickets role over monthly or is july now a new bracket?
  • Seftin said:
    Do tickets role over monthly or is july now a new bracket?
    New bracket, since the winnings were handed out. Just check your tickets with IRE LOTTERY ingame.
  • I got 2000 credits and gambled and won a veil. Its a win win situation. if you want the credits get them the lottery is a bonus.