Tekura

2»

Comments

• Tvistor said:
    Imagine the horrible repercussions of people attributing four year old code to Denex instead of you. It is a good thing you stepped in when you did. Coincidentally, I designed Achaea and Sarapis stole the code (that fiend).
    I have a problem with someone saying something is theirs when they didn't come up with the idea or the implementation of the idea, and just copied someone else's work (in a different scripting language with possible minor tweaks).

You should have seen the shit storm in the thread I posted 'my' scripts in (the ones Reyn built and gave to me to change and release after he left), there was pages of bitching when I forgot to credit him properly for the datamining script I posted :)

• Would have done 

1 = left leg 
    2 = swk/rhk (toggle?)
    3 = right leg
    4 = left arm
    5 = torso
    6 = right arm
    7 = bbt
    8 = head
    9 = axk

so that it makes a stick man on your numberpad. Fun for the whole family.

• The original reason I made that was because I was on a laptop without a keypad, so that's why I set it up the way I did.

My script (and I'm assuming Denex's) would be pretty easy to change to that setup though. Just a few macro changes and you'd be good to go.

• Toiyo said:

My beautiful thread! :(

I have found that aliasing my offense gives me HUGE flexibility in what I want to do. The only combo I have macro'd is my bashing combo. I might macro my curing in a later date.

Sample aliases that I have are arl for a right arm combo, dbl for a leg doublebreak, and gg for backbreaker.

You bitch, you stole my offense.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Just because you say gg when you bbt, does not mean he stole it @Mizik bro.
  • Cooper said:
    Tvistor said:
    Imagine the horrible repercussions of people attributing four year old code to Denex instead of you. It is a good thing you stepped in when you did. Coincidentally, I designed Achaea and Sarapis stole the code (that fiend).
    I have a problem with someone saying something is theirs when they didn't come up with the idea or the implementation of the idea, and just copied someone else's work (in a different scripting language with possible minor tweaks).
    You just have this amazing gift to post everything in a tone I find mildly obnoxious. Upon sending it to a lab for analysis, they confirmed it was due to the precision-implanting of 'lols' and various other smileys. Further results are pending.

In other news, it turns out making a monk offensive is actually more confusing than serpent if you aren't counting illusions. Who woulda thunk it?
  • edited June 2013
    Cooper said:
    Tvistor said:
    Imagine the horrible repercussions of people attributing four year old code to Denex instead of you. It is a good thing you stepped in when you did. Coincidentally, I designed Achaea and Sarapis stole the code (that fiend).

You should have seen the shit storm in the thread I posted 'my' scripts in (the ones Reyn built and gave to me to change and release after he left), there was pages of bitching when I forgot to credit him properly for the datamining script I posted :)
    Woah woah, turbo. 

I'm not sure how much of an ego-stroke you're wanting here, but here's why I stated it is custom code and not yours:

You. Didn't. Write. It. Maybe we're not on the same page at all here, but as far as I know, literally writing up the entire code for Mudlet (using a completely separate structure system from your old zMud keys) when there was none existent makes it not only custom, but my own unique code.  I know for absolute certainty that you had zero involvement in anything related to this in Mudlet.  

You did originally give me the very first set of keybinds on zMud I ever used. I switched over from Aliases, cleaning things up a great bit. I tweaked that code a fair bit, and eventually scrapped it when switching over to Mudlet, coding my own with a bit of help of Vadimuses and Lynara. I don't know if you missed my old post or what have you, but I really am not sure what you're soo upset about? Allow me to quote it below for easy reference.
    Denex said:
    The script in question was a modified version of Cooper's I got about 3-4 years ago that was built on zMud.

Since then, I've had to recode the whole thing for Mudlet from the ground up with the help of Vadimuses and Lynara, adding a lot of perks, and it works flawlessly now!
  • So much anger. Lol@turbo
  • I've hosted the offensive system online for Tekura. It can be seen here. 

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1495/mudlet-monk-tekura-system?new=1
  • Mizik said:
    First thing I ever set up as a newbie was leg combo, so..

left : left leg combo
    right : right leg combo
    rarm
    larm
    axx
    ww
    jjr jpk right
    jjl jpk left

dd was my knight double slash, then Sentinel handaxe throw, so

drarm
    dlarm
    dright
    dleft
    dww
    dto

Which are now my RHK combos

dri for single punch after rhk
    dle
    dra
    dla

Billions and billions of aliases
    Turns out we fight exactly the same Miz XD
    Honestly the only keybindings I even have are F1 - hunting attack, F2 - sip health, F3 - sip mana, F8 - inscribe tarot
    This might be due to the fact that I'm on a MBP and have to hit 'fn' to use my function keys.

But I have a library brain and honestly typing 6- characters before I get balance back is possible on most attacks. For things like daggers or puppet combos, I made a combo system for combos I activate typing things like 'pslowlock', 'cwdb 9', 'aestick'.

Given that the stuff you do in Tekura is way simpler than the stuff in jester, I can't see more than a few aliases. What Mizik listed is basically all you'd need.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I generally roll my face across the keyboard while kidney punching my numpad and hope for the best.

It usually works just fine.

• Monk sparring is tekura seasoned with telekai tricks.. Group combat is spam your telekai abilities until something dies.

• edited September 2013
    @Xith if you don't want to have to hit fn to use functions there is a way, I made that adjustment to my laptop... I just need to remember how so I can tell you