Deathknight disarm

In line with bladepunch and similar tweaks, it would be nice to change deathknight disarm from putting the weapon on the floor if it is not fisted/if you are not gripping. Putting it in your inventory produces the same effect, and I think just about everything else is that way already, too. 

i'm a rebel

Comments

• I'm not sure how a Deathknight could knock a weapon out of your hands, pick it up, open your pack, put weapon in your pack/inventory, then seal the pack up neatly again before jabbing you twice to death…if anything, they should be angry enough to take your weapon then stab you in the face with it to humiliate you.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Um. Not all that, disarmed as in the same effect as unwield, rather than what bladepunch used to be before it was changed.

i'm a rebel

• Curiously, what was the message for the deathknight disarm?

• "A steel-encased Death Knight pauses momentarily and emits a pulse of blinding, red light, taking away your balance."

i'm a rebel

• Alternatively, use gripping, which is a balance-free ability that costs nothing.

Or use a fist sigil like everyone else.

• I do use gripping, my first decayed on the rapier among other messages/decaying stuff. I never noticed it against epteth etc. because of the gripping. I dropped it when I decided to bash in dragon instead.

But the same argument applies to bladepunch, and that got changed. How is this any different?

i'm a rebel

• It's different because it can't be actively used by players for theft.
  • At the very least, the theft/bladepunch gave some form of interaction, a target for retaliation, and opened up avenues of roleplay. This offers none of that while keeping the same possibility for loss. I lost a 239 speed rapier, and it was due to my own mistake. That is fine - the rapier had low months anyway, I have multiple backups, and again, it was my mistake. 

The potential loss is much higher if it occurs with a good weapon and someone happens to pick it up, and while someone might return it or use it as an excuse to roleplay with you (I have returned really good weapons, personally) not everyone will. It seems more likely that someone will just find it and you will not hear anything about it.

It does not seem like a huge deal either way, but at the very least, can there be an added notification that X got knocked out of your hands?

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    "A steel-encased Death Knight pauses momentarily and emits a pulse of blinding, red light, taking away your balance."
    That's not the disarm.

• Dear Achaea,
    Can you make hunting easier for lazy people with no time for fist sigils? Thanks.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I'm actually curious why people are disagreeing. I don't care either way, personally, but the fact that you can use fist sigils or gripping doesn't seem like a reason for it to drop out of your inventory if you don't.

• edited June 2013
    I'd prefer blp to be reverted back to dropping the weapon on the ground. Don't maintain fist sigils or use gripping, you don't deserve the sword. Its not as though a Monk or Deathknight striking your hand or otherwise disarming you causes some desparately awkward juggling act that barely prevents the weapon from falling and ends with you precariously cradling it in your arms. Or if thats the explanation, I would like to have a room-wide flavour-text for that--at least it'd be amusing.

I guess I'll support this though.. but meh. No biggie. Its Underworld, baby.
  • Karai said:
    I'd prefer blp to be reverted back to dropping the weapon on the ground. Don't maintain fist sigils or use gripping, you don't deserve the sword. Its not as though a Monk or Deathknight striking your hand or otherwise disarming you causes some desparately awkward juggling act that barely prevents the weapon from falling and ends with you precariously cradling it in your arms. Or if thats the explanation, I would like to have a room-wide flavour-text for that--at least it'd be amusing.

Your inventory isn't 'what you're holding in your arms' though. Otherwise you can sure juggle a lot... it's just... there. Like the rift.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Karai said:

Yeah it was ok to make the person lose weapons, but the thing is monks became the best thieves since blp bypassed selfishness and you could make a person wield -all- their gold and then blp that out of their hands and onto the ground. So serpents were stuck stealing a portion of all gold in the inventory, monks could grab it all in one go.
  • In a game like Achaea, where nearly all player-owned items are impermanent, never assume that it's laziness. I've often had fist sigils decay in the middle of bashing, without my even noticing them.

That said, the denizens who loot your corpse are far worse. Best countermeasure there is to just walk around with a bunch of junk cluttering your inventory, lest you risk them stealing something useful.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    There difference is, as people have already stated, is that one is a player skill that was being used for theft, the other is just a mob effect. Pay better attention to your equipment and take the proper measures towards ensuring it is maintained rather than suggesting crutches for your inconvenience.