An "Agree" button should be added to the forums

2»

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Nim said:

It looks like they're CSS-side images rather than actual IMG tags, so if the CSS itself can be customized (which I am almost positive it can be, given one of the CSS files is called custom.css), then they can be modified too. It'd just be a matter of finding out all the things you'd actually have to modify (all the places that the spritesheet shows up, basically), and making a new spritesheet (or spritesheets, if there are secretly multiple).

Could even do it client-side, if you have a CSS injector thingy in your browser, and an alternative spritesheet.

If the custom spritesheet matches up, you wouldn't even have to change anything other than the img paths.

It is possible via CSS, but I don't have the time to play with it (at the expense of doing actual Achaea work). If someone is doing client-side styling and wants to post up the related stylesheet, I'll look at adding it!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I got so confused when I came back and saw this. I posted something and it had like 5 Agrees but they looked similar(due to scale) as Disagree's at a glance. O.o I like having an Agree though.

• NimNim
    edited June 2013
    Tecton said:
    It is possible via CSS, but I don't have the time to play with it (at the expense of doing actual Achaea work). If someone is doing client-side styling and wants to post up the related stylesheet, I'll look at adding it!

I could probably accomplish the CSS side pretty easily, but I'm no artist, so the sprite sheet itself might be a bit trickier for me to get right. >_>

ETA: After a bit of investigating, it looks like it only takes about three specifiers and two rules to change the sprites for every part of the site I was able to find in the short time I spent testing it. (It gets a little more complicated if you want to change other sprites/images though, but only a little :3 )

.ReactSprite,
    .SpEditProfile {
    	background-image: url("sprites-14-000000.png") !important
    }
    .UserReactionWrap .ReactSprite {
    	background-image: url("sprites-14-000-bordered.png") !important
    }

You'll need to turn those urls into valid URIs though, eg. file://c:/achaea/forums/sprites-14-000000.png or http://www.achaea.com/forums/images/sprites-14-000000.png. You can find the current sprite sheets here, for reference or whatnot: sprites-14-000000.png and sprites-14-000-bordered.png

Side note 1: I'm not totally sure what the SpEditProfile class is for. I can't find anything that actually uses it and is visible. Still, it referenced that sprite sheet.

Side note 2: It looks like one of the sprite sheets is on achaea.com already (although it may be a redirect), but the other one is just outright on vanillaforums.com, and both are used! (the 000000 one seems to be for buttons, while the 000-bordered one seems to be for avatar overlays)

ETA ver2.0f: I think I spent more time trying to post this edit than actually looking into the CSS. Back buttons are evil on forums T_T

ETA 3, return of the edit: I found out what SpEditProfile is! It's the Edit Profile button on your profile! I am very good at missing things when I am tired. u_u

• Options for the poll should have been:

Disagree
    WTF
    LOL