Tekura

How big of a percentage does it make of a monk's offense?

Low tier, medium tier, high tier, elite tier.

Does STR play a big part in this? 

Kthx

Comments

• First question- 90% ?
    Second- yes
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    If you're tekura monk, 95%, if Tele monk, 55%. STR affects your AXK damage, which can turn out nasty.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Speaking of Tekura. I didn't want to make a whole thread for this question, so this will work fine since the OP has been answered.

How do you guys have your tekura aliases/macros/etc set up? I've been racking my brain looking for ways to set this whole bit up so that I don't have 90 billion macros or a crap ton of different aliases for all of the different attacks.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Hotkeys on the numberpad. First key is either a kick or specifies axe throw. If axe throw, second key is target limb. The following two keys are punches. One key to send the combo.
  • edited June 2013
    Think Cooper posted somewhere custom combos, which seemed pretty neat, though I'm not sure why I never even tried it. I'll look into it later.
    Personally, I use macros (the F keys) for the main Tekura combos and aliases for the rest (I'm still missing a few useful aliases, but can't be bothered), the numpad for guarding and some combos (I vaguely remember putting bbt in there as well, not sure if I still have it, I use the alias anyway). Aliases are two letters generally-bb for bbt, zz-mind paralyze, xx-crush, kaib and nn are both banish (not sure why I have two), jj-jumpick combo and left leg, ll-jumpick combo right leg.
    It's a mess, but works so far.
    I've thought about rearranging it and even attempted to a couple of times, but I'd still use the old ones out of habit.
    Same as @Jacen, actually, I think it's a bastardized version of his.
  • First thing I ever set up as a newbie was leg combo, so..

left : left leg combo
    right : right leg combo
    rarm
    larm
    axx
    ww
    jjr jpk right
    jjl jpk left

dd was my knight double slash, then Sentinel handaxe throw, so

drarm
    dlarm
    dright
    dleft
    dww
    dto

Which are now my RHK combos

dri for single punch after rhk
    dle
    dra
    dla

Billions and billions of aliases
    @Mizik how do you function? That's insane. Not only does he have the looks, but he has the brains for that type of memory?! So unfair man. So unfair.
  • @Mizik I remeber you said you're writing novels during duels a while back. Well, nobody's doubting that now.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I myself use my F# macros. Press F1 gives a kick and sets kick to 0, if I press F1 twice, I punch left leg twice. F2 is my swk key, and also my punch right leg key, so on and so forth.

I need to get used to the F# keys on my laptop for more effective combos but I never got round to all the arena tests and spars.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I have two main things for Tekura. I have WASDZX set up, so that W is a head move, A left arm, S torso, D right arm, Z left leg, X Right leg. I can hit them in any order, and send it, and it will hit those limbs. For example SDW would kick torso, punch right arm, punch head. This is great, because when a kick misses, I can send a kick to replace it with two punches to the head to even out my limb count, if a punch misses, I could kick head, punch where I missed, and punch head. I only punch/kick head because the alias is set up so that it will only go through if there are three values. I hope this make sense, confusing to explain. My main combos are set up like this, I have no numpad so I use the numbers across my keyboard. They are keybindings.
    CTRL+1 Head combo
    CTRL+2 Torso Combo
    CTRL+3 Left arm combo 
    CTRL+4 Right arm combo
    CTRL+5 Left leg combo
    CTRL+6 Right leg combo
    CTRL+7 Double leg break + prone combo
    CTRL+8 Avoiding parry left leg combo 
    CTRL+9 Avoiding parry right leg
    CTRL+0 Double arm break combo

I have a few others that I rarely use, but those are my main ones. KCH is kai choke, ml is mind lock. Etc. Ill have monk scripts up on my website soon with it all set up :)
  • Jonathin said:
    Speaking of Tekura. I didn't want to make a whole thread for this question, so this will work fine since the OP has been answered.

How do you guys have your tekura aliases/macros/etc set up? I've been racking my brain looking for ways to set this whole bit up so that I don't have 90 billion macros or a crap ton of different aliases for all of the different attacks.
    You didn't want to make a whole thread, so you'll just hijack a whole thread? :/
  • To maybe clarify a bit more on my WASDZX set-up, its useful because if someone says kick left arm, punch right arm, punch right leg, and wants me to do that. instead of doing it manually, or having to try and remember the correct alias, I can take 3 seconds to enter ADX and I do exactly what they wanted
  • Oh, and I also have aliases for orbing ents that replace the kick/axe throw in the combo, and I can set a mind command force to be sent after the combo finishes, so that it goes through right after the pref axe.
  • XerXer Langley
    I do what Mizik does (for Shaman and Magi though - tons and tons of aliases). I also practiced typing out my aliases over and over committing them to muscle memory so I don't have to think to react in certain situations. I practiced whenever nothing important was happening and I like to move my fingers constantly to keep them warm (Starcraft II habits coming into play haha)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I just basically used macros to set mine up. When I had a desktop, I used the numpad with the 5 key being the torso. 1 and 3 were leg combos. 4 and 6 were arms with 8 being the axk combo. The other keys were taken up by the other combinations I used the most.

@Jacen I had to build mine in. Though, fun part, is setting up a variable/nother key for rhk instead of axe. Pure fun using numpad.
  • edited June 2013
    I use the numpad as a body.

7 8 9
    1 3

7 is left arm 8 is head 9 is right arm

5 is torso
    1 is left lef 3 is right leg as keys using control + key to fire the combo.

Then i added ctrl +alt + key for other things like sweepkick + combo or double break etc, then added 4, 5 and 2 as seperate keys for limb combos then things like / for enfeeble and the 0 insert key for bbt/hunting combo etc. Anything else is alias or manual.

Formatting on numpbad layout is weird But hopefully understandable.
  • I've heard a lot of people doing it the way Seftin does it  But my particular setup is closer to Miziks, were I just using a naming mnemonic to keep track of what I want to do..

arl = all right leg, ala = all left arm and on and on for that one and then moving to things like trl = two right leg and prl = punch right leg

as for kaido and telepathy its real similar

kc = kai choke
    ke = kai enfeeble
    mc = mind crush

Really just designed so I can think of what I want to do, and the first letters of it are my alias.

And yes it makes for a really long annoying list of aliases.

• I use the alias system too but only when i want to watch tv as i can just hold enter down and mangle.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Eld said:
    Jonathin said:

You didn't want to make a whole thread, so you'll just hijack a whole thread? :/
    I didn't hijack it. The thread was created and the question was answered, twice. So instead of let the thread die and fade into obscurity, I took advantage of the aforementioned facts and asked my question after the answers, thus giving the thread further purpose.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited June 2013
    '1' - left leg combo         '11' - left arm combo          'kc' - kai combos my kaitarget.
    '2' - right leg combo       '22' - right arm combo        'j1/2/3' = jpk left/right/both
    '3' - prone/both legs       '33' - both arms
    '4' - axk combo             '44' - head
    '5' - bbt                         '55' - torso

k(en / cr / tc / ch / he / bo / de) - enfeeble / cripple / trance / choke / heal / boost / deliverance
    -don't have telepathy, so didn't make those.

Meh.

• I have a bit of custom code for Monk on mudlet if any are interested... It works rather simply.

1=Left Arm
    2=Right Arm
    3=Left Leg
    4=Right Leg
    5=Head
    6=Torso
    7=SWK
    8=AXK
    9=BBT
    - = RHK
    = = JPK
    You work it by holding control for Combat mode, and pressing the corresponding key to fill a slot for offense.

I.E. CTRL-3/3/3 builds an entire combo for your left leg. CTRL-` (tilde) fires it, and CTRL-0 to reset.

So, you can effectively build any combo on the fly as so desired. Lemme know if you want it! (I've also introduced axe throws into the mix with F keys. 

F1=Curare, etc -- so you can CTRL-F1, 1, 2   to throw a curare axe, punch the left arm, punch the right arm.  

100% Customizable.
  • That's hardly custom code, lol, it's just my script converted to mudlet and switching alt to ctrl.

• Believe it or not, some people can independently develop similar code. I've been accused of stealing Denex's offense before.
  • Sure, that is true.

However, Denex personally thanked me many times years ago when he took my script off of the forums. I posted it nearly 4 years ago :)

• edited June 2013
    The script in question was a modified version of Cooper's I got about 3-4 years ago that was built on zMud.

Since then, I've had to recode the whole thing for Mudlet from the ground up with the help of Vadimuses and Lynara, adding a lot of perks, and it works flawlessly now!

If you want credit for it Cooper, you're more than welcome to it, I really don't mind one way or another. I just have the code if anyone wants it! Shoot me a PM on here or a Message, I'll get you hooked up!
  • As for stealing my offense, I really don't mind - I'll openly give my offensive setup to anyone that wants it. Its straight forward, and if it will help your play experience by having it all pre-coded, so be it! 

Telepathy is built off aliases with the syntax of : M(three letter)

So for Confusion, MCON -- Disruption? MDIS

Kaido's the same, KCHO, KHEA - Like I said, if anyone's wanting the code - let me know! 
  • My beautiful thread! :(

I have found that aliasing my offense gives me HUGE flexibility in what I want to do. The only combo I have macro'd is my bashing combo. I might macro my curing in a later date.

Sample aliases that I have are arl for a right arm combo, dbl for a leg doublebreak, and gg for backbreaker.