Removing BLOODLINE SHOW <thing>

As someone who loves family based things, I find that BLOODLINE SHOW is a huge inhibitor when it comes to starting a family. I completely agree that bloodlines should last for life and should never be removed, however I don't think it's necessary or relevant that everyone can see who your kids/parents/grandparents. 

I think it would be better for the game if it was scrapped you can only see who your parents and kids are with BLOODLINE, and you'd have to find out about grandparents/grandchildren/siblings etc. through word of mouth.

I guess this is just my opinion as someone who tends to get shunned for having a bit of a colourful background from when I was a lot more immature. I think it would take away something which I think is negative for people and the game.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae

Comments

• +1 to anything that makes less information about every damned person available. It's bad enough that, without ever having met or heard of somebody, I can tell whether or not they've brought song back to Bopolopia, but a full family tree? FML.

If this is implemented (which I hope it is), you should still be able to access these full records (for a fee?) at the place in Delos where you register bloodlines, though.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    that sounds alright. I would still like information to not be easy to come by, but if there is a need for it then sure.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited June 2013
    In the meantime, we need to make families relevant to Achaea. So if you're related to somebody, they shouldn't fill an Ally slot, and the cost of earrings between you should be significantly reduced.

[spoiler] No... I'm not serious... [/spoiler]
  • edited June 2013
    Nevermind rerread what you wrote again and does make sense.
  • EiredhelEiredhel California
    Then how am I supposed to make overly bitchy choices in who to finally pick for Eiredhel's family Mishgul?! 

But in all seriousness, this is a great idea... or make it so that the full information can only be accessed city records, like birth certificates or something like that. Much more immersive, then I'd have to pay off city officials to get all the dirt on who is who's daddy.

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• I like that everyone knows who is my mother.
  • Orzaansyn said:
    I like that everyone knows who is my mother.
    You're seriously gonna say something like that on these forums..?
  • Orzaansyn said:
    I like that everyone knows who is my mother.
    That one's pretty easy to deduce based on the surname and house affiliation, and that would be true for a lot of cases. 
  • I agree with making it only accessible from the bloodline registry for a fee (maybe 10k for BLOODLINE SHOW <person>, or only 2k to show the relation between two specific people (something that's not currently possible)), but not removing it entirely.
  • If it cost 10k and you had to be at the bloodline registry, it would be used so infrequently you might as well just delete it entirely.

• Then suggest a better cost?
  • tbh I love tracking bloodlines of people, I'd hate to see this gone

:(

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:
    I think it would be better for the game if it was scrapped you can only see who your parents and kids are with BLOODLINE, and you'd have to find out about grandparents/grandchildren/siblings etc. through word of mouth.

There's nothing to keep people from following it up the tree, in that case -- checking the parent's parent's parent's parents.
  • Orzaansyn said:
    I like that everyone "knows" my mother.
    Delphinus said:
    Mishgul said:

There's nothing to keep people from following it up the tree, in that case -- checking the parent's parent's parent's parents.
    no i meant, you could only see your own parents/kids, not other people.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:
    :(
    Hey man, you can't pick your family (more than once!). 
    i can hide them though D:

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Not in Achaea you can't! We have the magics.
  • Also, wouldn't this negate that one-off artefact (that they made three of) a few auctions ago?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I like being able to trace my family line. I was quite surprised when coming back from dormancy that Kyrra's great something granddaughter was in her order, and I only really picked up on that because I randomly follow bloodlines and saw my name at the very top of her tree.

Didn't change much regarding interaction or anything else besides a small pleasure that a lot of my family line followed Selene and wasn't super prominent like the Inamoras or Vorondils.

I don't think bloodlines should be hidden away. The families of Achaea are quite fascinating and there is so much history behind some of them.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I like the idea of having to travel to the bloodline office, and maybe pay a small fee to see it. No more than 1000g though. Those who bought the artefact could still be hidden from the bloodline registry office checks that way.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I like the idea of restricting BLOODLINE SHOW to the registry location. Seems simple.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
This discussion has been closed.