Seasoned Drinker and Quaff

With the increase of the Seasoned Drinker trait's effectiveness, though my tolerance was pretty reasonable before, it now takes me in excess of ten sips of absinthe to get Jonners drunk. As such, when I do drink to maintain and improve his tolerance level beyond what the trait gives it takes a considerable amount of spam to get him there. And sure while I could just walk a room a way and do it that kind of defeats the purpose of being a very public drunkard. So what I propose is that the Seasoned Drinker trait be modified so that those possessing it are able to quaff upto ten sips from any alcoholic beverage, regardless of whether there is more alcohol in the container. Currently an adventurer is unable to quaff from a container at all if it contains more than ten sips left.
This would reduce the amount of spam required to very little, and the flavour could be kept by adding quaff to one of the commands emotable through the spectacular new emote system.

P.S.- I find it hilarious that the tags I added are in the popular tags list.

P.P.S- Alternatively it would be great if CHUG would drain a container while QUAFF would only drink ten sips... just sayin. O:-)
~
You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.

Comments

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Quaff is already emotable.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited June 2013
    Oh good thanks @Jiraishin, now if only I could use it before my horn is down to 10 sips or below.

Edit- Ooops! This was supposed to go in the Dais, my bad.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited June 2013
    This just in! It's actually in excess of 20 sips of absinthe AND darkbrew to get Jonners drunk from full sobriety.

To put this in perspective before the change over it was like five or maybe six sips of darkbrew and ale to get Jonners to the same level of drunkenness.
    ~
    Maybe try not drinking for a while.

• I like the idea of making 'quaff' down 10 sips of the container. I don't see why this should be related to the trait... Chug should drink the entire thing, and quaff just takes a very, very large sip. 10, to be exact.
    (The Midnight Crew): Cain says, "You on your period lynara?"

(The Midnight Crew): Micaelis says, "Lynara coded periods out of his DNA."
  • puppet command chug restoration
    Flawless victory.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • And that's sort of why I put it as a Seasoned Drinker only trait. Firstly so newbies aren't dying by chugging a vial of well anything. And, so it would apply to drinking non-curatives only.
    ~
  • Xith said:
    puppet command chug restoration
    Flawless victory.
    If people were in the habit of just giving up a fight on seeing the "You wouldn't want to drink a salve." message, stupidity would be a lot more deadly than it is.
    I think the idea of quaff was that it drains everything in the container, with the ten-sip limit put in to keep people from putting 20 sips of absinthe in a vial and instantly killing themselves. The idea wasn't just to make a huge sip.

• edited June 2013
    As previously noted. Drinking twenty sips of absinthe without dying, or barely feeling the effects for that matter, is what got me into this in the first place. Though you did just point out for me why I think it should be Seasoned Drinkers only that have access to these non-forceable alcoholic drinking commands.
    ~
  • edited June 2013
    Jiraishin said:
    I think the idea of quaff was that it drains everything in the container, with the ten-sip limit put in to keep people from putting 20 sips of absinthe in a vial and instantly killing themselves. The idea wasn't just to make a huge sip.
    See, I dislike the idea of a hard-coded mechanism preventing people from being idiots. If that's what it was intended to do, then have it do just that... no limits. I could chug a bottle of moonshine IRL. It might be dumb, and I'd likely end up in the hospital. But I certainly COULD. However, 'quaff' and 'chug' are two different actions. Chugging drains a container (usually, unless the person tries to chug it and fails...), while quaffing some beer doesn't necessarily mean that you drain your stein, it just means that you took a nice, healthy drink from it.

I would also like to point out that these commands are able to be used on other drinkables... Tea, milk, take your pleasure. So why limit them just based on the fact that a few idiots out there might give themselves alcohol poisoning? It already happens, just not via this method, and the enhancement of functionality would be nice.

ETA:
    Eld - couldn'ta said it better myself.
    (The Midnight Crew): Cain says, "You on your period lynara?"

(The Midnight Crew): Micaelis says, "Lynara coded periods out of his DNA."
  • Xith said:
    puppet command chug speed
    Flawless victory.
    Better, nitpickers? Jeez...
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Looks like they fixed the benefit of seasoned drinker to not be quite so ridiculous. Now it's about seven sips of absinthe and darkbrew to get Jonners drunk. The OP would still be nice though.
    ~
  • Xith said:
    Xith said:
    Flawless victory.
    Totally a derail, but somehow this makes me want to play a character whose entire battle tactic is to get an advantage on their opponent by forcing them to drink alcohol until they're too drunk to fight.
  • Nim said:
    Xith said:
    Xith said:
    Flawless victory.
    Totally a derail, but somehow this makes me want to play a character whose entire battle tactic is to get an advantage on their opponent by forcing them to drink alcohol until they're too drunk to fight.
    Only the next class to be released is going to be Drunken Master.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    @Nim pretty sure drinking alcohol isn't forceable anymore.

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Man, Jonners, you just had to cry about it and ruin everyone else's fun, didn't you? 
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Amunet said:
    Man, Jonners, you just had to cry about it and ruin everyone else's fun, didn't you? 
    I have asked you to leave me alone. That includes out of character. Enough.
    ~
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Jesus, dude. I was just teasing. You take things wayyyy too seriously.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • edited July 2013
    And I wasn't teasing. You have no constructive information to contribute you're just trolling me @Amunet. It's beneath you, get over me, stop being so childish.
    ~
  • I laughed. Chill out.