Blademasters

13»

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

avoiding dying to a blademaster is much easier than avoiding death vs a monk/apostate/serpent. Blademasters do have a lot of leeway for error, but literally the only issue i have against blademasters is the ridiculous WP drain.

Limb counting as blademaster compared to monk/dragon/forestal is p. difficult if you are fighting someone who is smart, as is getting them down.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Have to disagree with you there. No matter how good your system is or how much passive healing you have or how much you touch shield it wont make a difference against a standard and easily repeatable and quick double leg to prone setup from a blademaster which is not momentum based to achieve its goal. Also unlike monks they have a guaranteed dismount and prone ability as striking doesnt miss, coupled with the fact that your truefavour/runes/armour/tumble behind icewall wont stop their ability to stack up bleeding to required levels thanks to evade/leap etc. Big difference unless you are implying the burst lock by apostate/serpent which is rather easily stopped by paying attention and touching shield/curseward/lucky rebounding forcing them to restart or just by switching a priority or having a good curing system.
  • Carmain is worst case, having Robes of Magi, high mana pool, and Gravehands to prevent the leap high/brokenstar or instant chase.

The other 90% gets helplessly smeared.
    I guess so. I find it easier to survive against mizik than i do against agathon or lothiac. I hate fighting magi or monk.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Cha'll the same once I bottom out dat wp
  • edited June 2013
    Mishgul said:
    I guess so. I find it easier to survive against mizik than i do against agathon or lothiac. I hate fighting magi or monk.
    are you still apo?  What's hard about non-Ashuran monks?

or did you trade in arties?
    Why does everyone think i had arties

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • you're trolling me smalls
  • Slightly artied and fairly mediocre BM kill me easier than omni-artied and highly skilled ashuran monk.

I'd say I'm probably doing something wrong tho.
  • or it's that 250ms handicap. The impale spam change did help quite a bit.
  • Can someone please explain to me the relative merit of PommelStrike vs ImpaleSlash? It's one of those things I still can't get my head around; sorry, I know it's BM 101...
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • What do you mean by PommelStrike vs ImpaleSlash? I thought they served different purposes, not to mention ImpaleSlash requires the target to be impaled anyway.
  • Yep, brainfail. Let me try again:

PommeStrike vs BalanceSlash
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Pommel is very nice for 1 v 1 setups whilst balancslash can be very useful in group combat. I also think balanceslash does more damage and can be infused while pommel stuns and does less damage. I know me and mizik whored balanceslashon someone and it worked a treat. Pommel can be used to gain the upper hand on herb balance for some interesting advantages.
  • @eld if I dont have wings, hermit, universe, astralform, blackwind or puppet travel or earrings, its very hard to run from a bladmaster who knows what they are doing