Your Legacy

Comments

• I'm not even sure what one thing I'd want to be remembered for, I do/have done too many things.  Eagles and killing everything I guess?  Youngest dragon at the time maybe, or dragon x8?  "He was the dragoniest of them all."  Yeah.  Winning the staff by a very significant margin at a young age when nobody knew who I was and nobody thought I could do it?  Staff telepathy? 

I'm not really sure what's most memorable overall really.
  • "Sounding like Samwise Gamgee."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Oldest mortal to reach dragon (397?).  Achilles took HGH to reverse the aging process.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    killing everything I guess?
    That legacy became available only after Asara became better known for cartography instead.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Now I miss Asara. Darn you. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Clearly Penwize killed *asara (RIP :().

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    What if we don't want to have our character remembered? Not gonna lie, I hate Daslin now.
  • Then we switch to other characters that we like more. I believe you mentioned a Naga.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I've been meaning to play around on him more... Just.. NONE OF YOU ARE ON EVER! How's a Nameless supposed to get help?
  • pff, @Jurixe and I are still around fairly frequently! No one else is though :(

• I am, just at unpredictable times and not on Jewish holidays.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited September 2012
    Now I miss Asara. Darn you. :(
    What do you mean, Asara never quit Facebo- oh, now I see.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    All of my projects and ambitions set aside, I just want to be remembered as a consistent character who held true to his roots and principles.

It's getting harder to find long-time characters that can serve as icons or rolemodels for young players because most of us have jumped Houses/Classes suddenly at least once. Even if it was for good reasons, it's hard to explain that to impressionable and ambitious youngsters, and it just sends the wrong message, I think.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Priest Knight, pah.

• edited September 2012
    Theft and shop theft
    The inferno week/fortnight
    Helping to put apostate back on the class relevance map
    Helping Mhaldor&Ashtan swing around from 0:7? icons to 7:0? in the span of one dutch christmas
    Raiding enough to get "The Talk" once or twice without making an enormous thread about it

I don't really mind if any of the other things are forgotten, since I can't really remember them either.

edit: grammar
    edited September 2012
    Silas said:
    Priest Knight, pah.
    No longer a Priest.  :)

It sure did take me a while to swing around, though.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I don't really mind if I'm not remembered by the populace as a whole. I just want to help make the game fun for others.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Aerek: With all due respect and recognition that the game definitely needs characters like that, I do want to point out that characters who switch factions aren't necessarily poor role models. While I agree that it's harder to send the 'right' message after a faction switch, I think it's definitely still possible to send it as long as your character is demonstrably consistent and well-motivated. It's just as important to send the message that characters can still switch factions and have very solid, RP-driven reasoning behind it (as opposed to combat-driven or "I want to win"-driven). 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
    Oh, of course. It's just hard for an organization like a Knight House to recount the epic tales of honorable Knights of yore, and have the novice ask what happened to these stalwart, ever-shining bastions of loyalty and valour. Then I have to be all, "Well, this one quit the city and house to go Occultist on a whim, this one left because he lost an election, this one got bored in Cyrene and left for Shallam to fight more..."

Even if the reasons for their leaving were honestly good, and even if they're still top-notch characters, it's difficult to instill a sense of awe and aspiration to be like these heroes of our history when none of them are in the House any more. I expect the Occultists are notably similar, given a rant of Amunet's from not long ago.
  • @Aerek:
    "The first was tempted away to the Occult, and rotted in the mires of obscurity. The second felt unappreciated; pride, his greatest sin, clouded his sense of duty. The third was taken by the Light, which seared his eyes and heart, and he departed to the East where the fires of zealotry climb high. Learn by these examples. When you look down from Yggdrasil's heights, do not waver."

Honestly, I'm not sure what you expect to say. With a few exceptions, there are no epic player-character conclusions; either they're active now, they're dormant, or they defected. You can't spin those into things like, "He sacrificed himself to destroy the Ruby of Tara'grath, which turned back the ogres and saved Cyrene." Achaea doesn't work like that -- he'd just get better, and it wouldn't be the end. Gotta work with what you're given.
  • "Who was Tvistor?"

"Eh, he was a jerk to everyone, pretty much."
  • Tvistor said:
    "Who was Tvistor?"

Backstabber with a very yellow avatar. ;)
  • My legacy shall forever be the record holder for shortest tenure in a city position.

Well, at least I did a report, right? <.<

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Oceana said:
    Tvistor said:
    "Who was Tvistor?"

You and Mephaos were mean to me. I almost cried. D:
  • ALL HAIL SHAITAN!! x 459
  • edited September 2012
    Oceana said:
    This was my entire conception of you before I ever interacted with you IG, @Tvistor.

Now I ascribe to the "jerk to everyone" philosophy. RIP finger. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Tahquil said:
    ALL HAIL SHAITAN!! x 459
    Who is Shaitan>

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    He has a turble breadlord.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1