Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
Magi Hunting - Dwarf Foreman OR Grook Scholar
Ok, here's the premise:
- You have every artefact (or at least most of them) that makes hunting as a mage better (so you have +3 all the stats, perm. willpower regeneration tattoo, robes of the magi and more)
- You're rather high level plus you have the highest level critical pendant (stygian) plus you have the lucky trait and quick-witted (but you COULD change them if you wanted)
- You've got a gem of transmutation (so you're not stuck with a choice)
- You'll tend more towards hunting than PK
- Ignore the big level mobs that neither combo would get - for them, just dragonform...
Most of the years (and yes, I mean RL years) I've been a grook scholar mage. Whilst I occasionally have to run from mobs like a chicken with no head, I tend to be able to hunt for as long as I want without running out of willpower (I *do* run out of willpower but by the time I have, I'm also bored and quite happy to stop and talk, chit chat or SHOCK HORROR - do real life stuff!).
Lately, though, I've changed to Dwarven Foremen. I do run out of mana somewhat more quickly and it has less willpower (I can get to levels of willpower where I'll stop hunting BEFORE I really want to). However, from what I can tell, so long as the stormhammering keeps up and the crits keep coming it is somewhat faster than grook scholar mage and I think that's because I don't have to run like a frog (boom boom!) as often. On the other hand, one on one with mobs with just staff casts seems more sure but slower.
Overall, I suspect they'll balance out but I'm not sure.
Any opinions on this?