Lorielan, the Jade Empress

Comments

• Trilliana said:
    This makes me fear and anticipate Selene even more... Please next!
    It would make sense that they started doing the portraits after killing off all those Gods so that they wouldn't have to do/pay to commission all of those Divine.

Sorry. :(

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited June 2013
    Yes, that is exactly right. Even the Pepsi logo.

I've just realised we'll never see Matsuhama brooding over the plains of Kashar, ukiyo-e style. Sadness. :(
  • Delphinus said:
    Yes, that is exactly right. Even the Pepsi logo.

I've just realised we'll never see Matsuhama brooding over the plains of Kashar, ukiyo-e style. Sadness. :(
    Demonise for now?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • I count at least 4 different light sources. She's not actually sitting on her seat, or in her pillow, her butt is just hovering in front of it. Her legs is poised mid-air in front of the ball, so she is literally like, spreading her legs instead on non-chalantly resting it on the throne arm (which I assume was suppose to be the idea). The arm that's suppose to be on the armrest? Looks like it's suppose to be on the armrest to take her weight.
  • sooo that's the Goddess of Enlightenment aye?

Enlighten away.
  • Environment is beautiful, those ruby guard things are amazing. Her pose makes her look UNCOMFORTABLY STIFF.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited June 2013
    Wysteria said:

UNCOMFORTABLY STIFF.

Comon guys. Somebody crush this.
  • Namino said:
    UNCOMFORTABLY STIFF.
    Comon guys. Somebody crush this.
    What does that mean?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited June 2013
    Honestly, that's pretty much how I pictured @Lorielan to be based on my few interactions with Her. Intelligent temptress with a hint of royalty.

I'd have preferred to see @Gaia or @Aurora drawn like that since I don't despise them, but this is good too!

EDIT: Also, don't show this to Draqoom in game because he'd totally want to go to their realm and shatter those Kx'Krah. They don't give the impressive coordination feel that he's got from the Mythos.

• That sounds incredibly painful for a male.

• I think the Kx'Krah look too 'smooth' to be Kx'Krah. What they first liked about @Lorielan, if my memory serves, was how she was so 'smooth', whereas all the Crystal Warriors were jagged and sharp.
  • Harmonia said:
    @eiredhel Goddesses, like sirens, do not twerk!

Even men twerk!   (╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Twerk it!

• Achimrst said:
    Sarapis said:
    Tarkanian said:
    i like this simply because i'm a guy.

that being said, great work! i kinda imagined her to have more caucasian features, but going exotic latina really does it for her.

Supposed to be more kind of north african type skin. Think like Tyra Banks. I wasn't ultimately happy with the skin tone but after multiple rounds of revision with the artist i decided to call it done.
    U dis'sin on latin people yo?
    Heh, no.
  • Seldin said:
    I think the Kx'Krah look too 'smooth' to be Kx'Krah. What they first liked about @Lorielan, if my memory serves, was how she was so 'smooth', whereas all the Crystal Warriors were jagged and sharp.
    There are multiple types of Kx'Khrah. These are the Tl'fah Kx'Khrah-megra.

However, it wasn't her smoothness they were attracted to. It was her softness and roundness. They don't do true curves, just a series of facets, and 'soft' was alien to them.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island

Sarapis said:
    I find myself in a similar position, suddenly empathizing with crystalline beings like never before.
    Who knew two races so alien to one another could find such common ground...
  • Sarapis said:
    Seldin said:
    I think the Kx'Krah look too 'smooth' to be Kx'Krah. What they first liked about @Lorielan, if my memory serves, was how she was so 'smooth', whereas all the Crystal Warriors were jagged and sharp.

However, it wasn't her smoothness they were attracted to. It was her softness and roundness. They don't do true curves, just a series of facets, and 'soft' was alien to them.
    Do you just make this stuff up as you go, or is there stuff about different types of Kx'Krah somewhere in game. Either way I'm suddenly a hundred times more interested in the damn things and want to see them involved in some sort of 'Return of Lorielan: Kx'Krah invasion' event

• edited June 2013
    The Kx'Krah will flood upon the land to take our valuable and exotic riches of round and curvy things away from us: women and donuts.
  • @Shunsui: Even among the Tl'fah Kx'khrah-megra, there is some variation. At least one of them is more muscular, with pincers for hands.
  • Sarapis said:
    Seldin said:

Ah yes, that's right. That makes a lot more sense.
  • These ones? It's a pretty big parchment:

K'bah Kx'Khrah-megra (Fighting Crystal Being of the Jade Order)
    Tl'fah Kx'Khrah-megra (Fighting Crystal Being of the Ruby Clan)
    K'nik Kx'Khrah-megra (Fighting Crystal Being of the Diamond Order)
    Tl'wee Kx'Khrah-megra (Fighting Crystal Being of the Sapphire Clan)

"Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."