Whatcha Gonna Do?

Okay, so every single one of you has already spent the 10000cr from tonight's lottery in your head. So, what are you gonna blow it on?

I'm tempted to either:

a) Fix the credit market by putting all of them on at 3k per... then watch in dismay as they're all bought up and then put back on at 5999,
b) Buy some arties and join the Mark to see if the hazing is really that bad.
Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
I take my hat off to you.

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited June 2013
    The hazing was non-existent for me.

Then again, I was Ashtani along with every other mark.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Wait for the next auction, hope there's something super-shiny there.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Oddly, @Sarapis has the same idea I do...but my intentions weren't quite so malicious. I just have a lot of customizations I want finish up. ;)
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • I would get a pet Chaos thing, customised so that I can tell it various commands to transform its description from something cephalopod-ish to something hound-like to something winged.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    yes

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I'd buy 5 veils.
  • 10k credits really doesn't go that far. Adding up the cost of the things I really want, it would take about 27k (assuming I don't change class, or keep some credits in reserve for auctions/multiclass), so I'll just win when it gets higher instead.

If I had to choose 10k worth of artefacts though, I'd go with:
    Artefact bow (level 3), artefact quiver, gem+veil, shield of absorption, earrings of Sinope, vibrating stick, atavian wings, and a stygian pendant. All customised, except the gem and stick. Also non-decay and custom description for my robe. Total cost of 9850 credits, not counting any custom reactions I decide to get.
  • Sell 'em to friends at $.20/credit.

• Cooper said:
    Sell 'em to friends at $.20/credit.
    Wow... that's a whole lotta cash :D
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Vayne said:
    I'd buy 5 veils.
    Veils for all my homies, bro.
  • edited June 2013
    Sell 8,000 credits at 20 cents per. 

Buy artie pet and wings.   Probably just sell it all for 2k dollars. Tasty.

:D

I only got 3 tickets but I'm feeling lucky.
  • Stash it under my mattress 
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.

• I would get a pet Chaos thing, customised so that I can tell it various commands to transform its description from something cephalopod-ish to something hound-like to something winged.
    You after a cute mini-Cthulu? So that you can hug him and squeeze him and call him George?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    1.Veil/hood
    2.scrying bowl,
    3. 999999 gold to buy anything I wanted out of a shop
    4. a full set of cool custom vials that I would then make non-decay
    5. customise scrying bowl. With custom reacton.
    6. Customise Veil/hood.
    7. Custom stationary. Custom everything. Make Tecton cry.
    I really don't know how many credits all of that would add up to. Once the cost goes upward of 2 Veils, I stop counting.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I would send everyone a letter with a copy of how many credits I have just to rub it in.
  • Achimrst said:
    I would send everyone a letter with a copy of how many credits I have just to rub it in.
    Correct answer.
  • Ooh! I got another one! after I annoy everyone with the letter of of my STAT in game. Turn them all into lessons and blow your mind.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Buy level 1 sip ring of both types, level 1 regen ring of both types, +1 con belt, +1 strength gauntlets, my last two pipes to make a set, and Buckawns. Spend the rest on random newbies that I thought were cool so they could get into combat. Maybe a ring of flying too.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Logosian Gauntlets (2500)
    Atavian Wings upgrade (1200)
    Package Pet (900)
    Level 3 health ring upgrade (1000)
    Gem of Cloaking (400)
    Veil (2000)
    Level 2 health regen ring (850)
    Shackles (600)
    Lyre (500)

That's 9950 credits.  I guess I'd spring for a top hat and sell the remaining 25 for a ridiculous amount of alcohol.

• I'd get the standard artichoke set, I guess.

• Sarapis said:
    I'd buy 200 customizations all at once just to mess with Tecton.

If I weren't morally opposed to buying veil or veil-like things (directly or indirectly), and I actually had tickets (which I probably would have gotten, because gambling addiction is practically coded directly in my DNA >_> ), and I won, I'd totally do this.

Okay, I'd probably put a bit of it toward lessons or something like that, but I can guarantee at least half of it would go toward custom things, and I think I'm bound by some forgotten order by-law to submit all of them at once.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I love this thread for all the wrong reasons. I am so not making notes >.>

I'd probably buy back half my arties.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all this junk, all this junk inside my trunk.

But I'll probably spring for a gem, survival arties, bow, wings upgrade, the usual.

• First thing I would do is think. "Holy shit."
  • I'm not sure about the rest but definitely Gem + Veil + level 2 Wings.
  • edited June 2013
    Save them and wait for an auction.

or an artefact sale.